Consumer Reviews of ARCOAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about ARCOAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-13 Name: C. Jackson

"Jackson"
Just read all the bad reviews. I guess, I was lucky. Had it for 16 yrs. No problems at all.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Kathy

"Great product"
We installed this unit in our home when we built it 23 years ago. Only had one repair. The motor fan went out about 10 years ago. Am now shopping around to replace it with something else since it is this old.

Date created: 2010-05-03 Name: Gina Bunch

"NO problems with our arcoaire a/c unit"
We have had our Arcoaire air conditioner for about 10 years. So far, we are completely satisfied with the air. We haven't had any problems. I would recommend this brand. I haven't had to deal with any warranty issues on my air, so I can't comment on whether or not the manufacturer is great on warranty repairs. However, the fact that I haven't had to says a lot. If we ever have to replace our unit, we will go back to Arcoaire.

Date created: 2009-07-16 Name: Felicia P

"Beware of Arcoaire"
I purchased my house 2 years ago and the ac unit was only 5 years old. In the 2 years that I have been in my house; I have had to have the ac repaired 4 times. Coils, condensor fan motor, parts burning out and something else I cant even remember. This ac unit is trash.

Date created: 2009-07-01 Name: Patricia Martinez

"For God's Sake, Don't Buy This Piece of Crap!"
This is totally Sears' fault and they will not give us any money back unless we sue them. This piece of crap air conditioner hasn't worked right almost from the start. Plus, Sears' subcontractors were horrible and caused 2 leaks under our house--1 natural gas and the other for the air conditioner, which has helped to ruin it. Sears will take no responsibility for any of this fiasco. We complained to the Better Business Bureau, after many wasted hours of complaints and phone calls. Sears just has the attitude--yeah, you want anything from us, you just sue us and see what you can get. The Better Business Bureau just closed the case because they have no balls. Sears is a horrible company. Run, run, run away from them fast! Do not make the mistake of spending big bucks with Sears like we have! Their products are bad and their work is shoddy.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: big b

This uiit has gone bad 3 times in 3 years this unit sucks

Date created: 2008-10-23 Name: Chuck
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

"Love it......."
Still works like new - outside is starting to rust a little. From reading all the reviews for all the other brands - appears all have the same problems and complaints. What will I replace this unit with?? Again, appears it doesn't matter being they all have the same weaknesses, guess I'll have to throw a dart and see what brand it lands on.

Date created: 2008-10-17 Name: Michael Williams
Location: Chicago, IL

"Arco air"
I have owned this unit for 3 years and have had such a great experience with it. It is so quiet and cools my house down great. The furnace is so quiet and efficient it cut my gas bill by 80 bucks. Would purchase again.

Date created: 2008-07-31 Name: E Soniat
Location: Atlanta, GA

"22 years, no service, and our first problem."
These units were installed in 86. I've never had them serviced. The condenser fan motor burnt out on the larger unit today. It is very easy to work on and if I can find the part I'll be able to repair this myself with very little effort. The unit is the quietest in our neighborhood and is very efficient.

Date created: 2008-06-15 Name: Ian B.
Location: Florida

"Arcoaire model NAC042GKC3"
Owned for two years and the compressor is now grounded and the capacitor is bad. A/C tech told me that the parts are covered but the labor is not....... What a piece of crap! Trust me do yourself a favor and buy a Trane or Ruud. Even die-hard Arcoaire installers are shying away from the newer products and switching due to the shoddiness of the newer product construction. As far as their web site goes forget it---no info available. If anyone is interested their phone number which I had to search for on superpages is 1-800-458-6650. They are such crap they don't even list their number on their website----What does that tell you? Do yourself a favor don't buy it. Even GE SI a better choice. Their timers tend to have problems for their defrost cycles but hey its better than the compressor going bad.