Consumer Reviews of American Standard central air conditioners

Read more about American Standard central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: Jeff D.

"American Standard Air Conditioner is not worth the money."
The previous air conditioner that was in our home lasted the first 3 years we owned our home without any maintenance other than changing the filter. a rat ate the wiring outside and it burned up the motor. We call a company and they said that we needed a new unit. They recommended American Standard. Now the service company has been here to service the unit 5 times in the last 3 years and now they are saying that the unit needs a $300.00 cleaning. Either the unit is a lemon or the company that sold it to me was a rip off.

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: Bob R.

"Quietest and best ever"
Had a gaspak installed with 16seer to replace 14 yr old bryant that ran constantly and would not keep house cool. within 30 minutes of turning new system on temperature inside house had dropped to 76 degrees.this was on a day that outside temp reached 95 degrees. the unit is also so quiet that the other day my neighbor and I had to walk over to check and see that it was running.unit has stayed on stage 1 since it was installed. my wife is very,very pleased with the unit. the contractor that we chose stated that of all the units he installs this was our best choice. my wife and I have to agree.we should see large savings on our next power bill.

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Todd S.

"Lousy"
Very loud and expensive to run. Does not keep my home cool. I would not reccomend this ac.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Ted Simmons

"Don't Buy American Standard"
We've already had to replace the compressor in just the second year and now the indoor coil is leaking freon. Even though the parts are covered, the labor is not. We paid $1,100 to have the compressor replaced and now another $750 to replace the leaky coil. Besides that, it's very noisy and vibrates horribly. Do not buy American Standard...it's a unreliable piece of you-know-what!

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Gorakshanath Kumbhar
Location: Nashik, India

"Riaa 125K"
RIAA 125k. Maintenance free unit.

Date created: 2008-09-15 Name: B.G.

"A/C"
My American standard unit works great. Very little noise, no problems. The service man told me I should buy a Payne (carrier corp). But my friend just had a Payne installed and with just one winter the salt ate the coils up. But not on my American standard.

Date created: 2008-09-06 Name: Cliff D

"Somewhat Disappointed"
I purchased a package unit one year ago and the blower recently failed. Not what I expect from such a highly rated (and expensive) unit. It cost 20% more than all comparable units, and I thought the extra cost would be worth it but I was mistaken. Warranty covered parts but the local service company charged me $217 for 2 visits and the labor.

Date created: 2008-08-30 Name: S. Johnson