Consumer Reviews of American Standard central air conditioners

Read more about American Standard central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-08 Name: Joe Spinola
Location: ELIZABETH PA.

"What was I thinking"
I let someone talk me into this junk!!! Why? Last off brand unit 23 years old never serviced once until this year when she died. Brand New American Standard system AC and Furnace installed on 6/16/2011 1st service 6/24/2011 next service call was 7/3/2011 that is when the compressor went today is Friday 7/8/2011 and I am still waiting for my to be shipped over night compressor from American Standard. Their web site preaches care and reliable. And we say only Lawyers and car salesman lie. they should be sued after we buy a car to run over this piece of junk that is broke more then it works. Now i am worried what is going to happen with the furnace?

Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: Stephen jackson
Location: Dallas,TX

"Worth every penny"
I bought two units at a previous home and one unit at my present one. They cut the utility bill by 1/3. The home is much more comfortable than before and the Clean Effects really gets the lint out of the air. There was a problem with one of the units from my previous home and it was repaired the same day free of charge because the warranty was transfered. These are the best units on the market, not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

Date created: 2011-06-14 Name: charlene triplett
Location: newport news va

"We cant afford the up keep of the repairs"
I brought this unit in 2009 when I retired my husband has lung cancer. the unit goes out twice a year and now it needs a compresser the service people are very rude and unreliable

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Laura Grainger
Location: Daingerfield, TX

"Heritage 12"
I purchased a 10 yr. extended warranty beginning 8-10-02 on the American Standard AC unit for my new home. Good thing. Since July of 2008, I've had to call my installer so many times I have 3 full pages of documentation. I can't count the number of times I've had dinner guests and the ac stopped cooling. Yesterday was one more such time. Now the installer tells me he discontinued installing American Standard in 2006 but has honored my warranty to keep my business and that all of these house calls have been paid for out of his pocket. The warranty expires Aug. of 2012. Installer tells me that on average a unit should last from 12 to 15 years. Hmm, started having problems 6 years after installed. I have to admit that it is a quiet unit, especially when the fan's not running because it burned up and had to be replaced. 3rd fan motor was installed today. How do you like your American Standard AC unit?

Date created: 2011-05-20 Name: Bob Muir

"American standard"
I had a yearly maintenance check performed. I changed the filter monthly in season. I also flushed the cooling system with water monthly to clean the dust which accumulates in the cooling system.It was quiet when it was newer but, it is 20 years old

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Raja
Location: Oshawa On

"Quiet unit, higher rated"
We had American Standard Furnace, Air Conditioner for 3 years. The system are working perfect and quiet. We are happy that we made a right decision.

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: J I
Location: Nashville, tn

"Best purchase we have ever made!"
We bought the Platinum hybrid unit in December of 2010. It has saved us so much money on propane I can't even describe to you how satisfied we are. It uses electric heat pump at or above 40 degrees, then uses propane below 40. And, the motor is a two-stage unit, high and low. This save money on electric bills!

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: Jake Johnson
Location: Las Vegas

"Allegiance 13"
Most of the reviews I am reading sound like installation errors more than anything. You need to trust who installs your equipment. You can have the best stuff in the world if it's put in poorly or you don't take care of it's not going to make you happy. I have had American Standard equipment installed on 2 of my homes by an awesome contractor and never a problem. And I live in the desert. Even though I have never used it all of my equipment has 10 year parts and labor warranty which makes me very comfortable.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: Jordan
Location: Arkansas

"Attorney Needed!"
My mother is an older Lady retired, she don't like 2 complain. Anyway 2 the point. She purchased a American Standard complete central heat & air unit in the summer 2008. When winter hit the heater went out, after the tech can & looked @ the unit 3 days later he said that it was a design flaw. When it rains water gets into the vent pipe and the water/moister has 2 dry out which takes up 2 eight hours. It's 2011 & this unit still do the same Sh*t! He said that it could b fix 4 another $800. Plus labor & tax. So to any 1 thinking about buying this brand! Don't u will Regret it! American Stanard is some Bull Sh*t!

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: R. Kroeber
Location: Tampa, FL

"Cannot Recommend American Standard AC"
Three years ago we had an American Standard AC system installed. In that time the installer has replaced almost everything in it--fittings, fan, coil--some things more than once. When it works, it's efficient, but it breaks down at least twice a season. If it weren't for the Extended Warranty that I bought when it was installed, it would be unaffordable to maintain.