Consumer Reviews of American Standard central air conditioners

Read more about American Standard central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-05-20 Name: Bob Muir

"American standard"
I had a yearly maintenance check performed. I changed the filter monthly in season. I also flushed the cooling system with water monthly to clean the dust which accumulates in the cooling system.It was quiet when it was newer but, it is 20 years old

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Raja
Location: Oshawa On

"Quiet unit, higher rated"
We had American Standard Furnace, Air Conditioner for 3 years. The system are working perfect and quiet. We are happy that we made a right decision.

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: J I
Location: Nashville, tn

"Best purchase we have ever made!"
We bought the Platinum hybrid unit in December of 2010. It has saved us so much money on propane I can't even describe to you how satisfied we are. It uses electric heat pump at or above 40 degrees, then uses propane below 40. And, the motor is a two-stage unit, high and low. This save money on electric bills!

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: Jake Johnson
Location: Las Vegas

"Allegiance 13"
Most of the reviews I am reading sound like installation errors more than anything. You need to trust who installs your equipment. You can have the best stuff in the world if it's put in poorly or you don't take care of it's not going to make you happy. I have had American Standard equipment installed on 2 of my homes by an awesome contractor and never a problem. And I live in the desert. Even though I have never used it all of my equipment has 10 year parts and labor warranty which makes me very comfortable.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: Jordan
Location: Arkansas

"Attorney Needed!"
My mother is an older Lady retired, she don't like 2 complain. Anyway 2 the point. She purchased a American Standard complete central heat & air unit in the summer 2008. When winter hit the heater went out, after the tech can & looked @ the unit 3 days later he said that it was a design flaw. When it rains water gets into the vent pipe and the water/moister has 2 dry out which takes up 2 eight hours. It's 2011 & this unit still do the same Sh*t! He said that it could b fix 4 another $800. Plus labor & tax. So to any 1 thinking about buying this brand! Don't u will Regret it! American Stanard is some Bull Sh*t!

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: R. Kroeber
Location: Tampa, FL

"Cannot Recommend American Standard AC"
Three years ago we had an American Standard AC system installed. In that time the installer has replaced almost everything in it--fittings, fan, coil--some things more than once. When it works, it's efficient, but it breaks down at least twice a season. If it weren't for the Extended Warranty that I bought when it was installed, it would be unaffordable to maintain.

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: J Hull
Location: Pittsburgh PA

"Very Cool - Cooling System"
I installed a matched American Standard unit this past summer. I installed an Allegiance Ultimate 16 SEER unit with a two stage compressor and variable speed motor inside. It is also a communicating unit so you can control the unit if on travel and temperatures fall outside of the tolerances you set. The unit is quiet and very efficient. The second stage of the compressor does not kick in unless it is extremely hot and humid. The variable speed inside makes it much quieter than my old unit. In addition I can use the recirculating feature that runs the fan at a very low speed to keep air moving inside and reduce demand and temperature swings. Very, very comfortable inside. I would highly recomend the Untimate Allegiance models.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Linda Clark
Location: La Belle, Fl

"Series 13"
I had a 1 ton Lennox for five years in my home I built in 2001 and never had a service person out to repair it. In 2006 I added a 500 sq ft addition and was told I needed a bigger AC because the room addition was not cooling well. I was sold a 2 ton American Standard in 2006. The room does not cool off any better and I have had it quit working three times. One time it iced up, another time the compressor went out. The compressor was under warranty, but it cost $150.00 labor and two days of no a/c to fix. Now the compressor is out AGAIN in less than four years of ownership. Don't buy this product unless they give you a five year parts and labor warranty. Since I am sure they won't, I am getting a more reliable A/C unit...not American Standard.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: N. Stephens
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Low quality American Standard blows out after only 14 months"
I paid $8000 to have a brand-new American Standard air-conditioner in July 2009. In September 2010, only 14 months later, it blew. I'm sitting here with no air-conditioning and haven't heard one word from American Standard. My AC guy is taking photos to send to them in Dallas, so I believe I have entered a big, bureaucratic process. I don't think these guys at American Standard HQ in Dallas care one bit about me - I see no evidence of it. Dear American Standard Corporate Executive: It's 100 degrees outside and the equipment that I paid you for doesn't work. How about some action?!!

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: MIKE W

"AMSTD"
I love my new unit. I had a carrier unit before, finally after 2 compresser I put in and 15 seer American Standard system. I called 2 contracter, one offered financing and 10 parts and labor warranty. Im very happy with the equipment and the contracter.