Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: L. Brown
Location: San Dimas, CA

"Works Well"
Replaced my Ruud with a larger Amana air conditioning unit and furnace. Now this thing cools and heats wonderful. No problems at all.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: SAV
Location: Chicago, IL

"AWESOME AMANA!"
After 20 years I now need to replace my Amana central air conditioning unit. The condenser shorted out and have had only one service call during the 20 years I have had this 3 ton, 8 seer unit. Always worked well all summer and sat all winter long in freezing cold Midwest winters. Hope the next one I purchase will last as long!

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: [email protected]
Location: Justin, Texas

"AMANA DISTINTIONS AC UNIT "YUCK""
Unit stopped working within 3 years. Warranty covers faulty part but does not cover the cost of replacing all the lost refrigerant due to the faulty part nor labor to re-install their replacement part. My cost is a $725.00 repair bill. Another company quoted me $800. In addition another $150 in service calls as I had two different companys come out and evaluate the unit. I live in relatively new community and my neighbors are all having problems with their AMANA Distinctions Heating & Air Conditioning units. Don't buy this product if you can avoid so. My neighbor directly across the street called in his 3rd service call today and the AC rep said it is his reversing valve. Same problem as mine. We are trying to band together with other neighbors and file a joint complaint.

Date created: 2011-05-27 Name: D.Hepner
Location: Arcadia, CA

"Amana is the BOMB! Trane has aluminum coils and leaked."
I had a Carrier system upstairs and a Trane system downstairs. I have dogs and the dog hair would clog up the outdoor Trane unit so bad it always took the tech about an hour to clean it. I found out Trane has these aluminum spiny fins coil that looks like a hair brush. It can't be washed down like the Carrier with radiator type fins. The last straw was when the dogs have been peeing on the aluminum Trane coil and corroded out the aluminum coil and could no longer hold freon. I didn't know that Trane and American Standard are the same company and they both come with aluminum coils. If I knew that the Trane was aluminum tubing I would never had purchased it. The Carrier unit with copper tubing turned green but did not corrode out. I replace both systems with new 2-stage Amana 16 SEER A/C units with 2-stage 95% AFUE furnaces. The Amana works so much better than my old Trane or Carrier units. Amana is the BOMB! I recommend Amana to anybody that wants a high quality system. My contractor was great too.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: S. Sipe
Location: Middletown Pa.

"Central Air"
We had this unit for 5 years and every year we had it maintence it would cost us lots of money. I would never buy this unit or recomend it to any one.

Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: L. Nee
Location: Whittier, CA

"The A/C and Heating Ever!"
I just replaced my 8 year old Trane system with this new Amana 14 SEER A/C unit. They replaced the furnace with a 80% 2-stage. What a huge difference. I am really shocked to read the bad reviews about Amana. I am sure glad I used Amana and I already have had my friends install Amana too. I think after reading these reviews that how it is installed has a lot to do with it. Good Luck and I hope this helped someone.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Name: R. Hall
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Don't waste your money!! Total piece of junk!!"
In order to zone my house, I had a horizontal unit installed in the attic. Long story short, I've had 16 service calls on the unit. One a-coil replaced, the entire airhandler replaced, the coil on the compressor replaced and now, the a-coil in the new air handler is leaking after only being in the house for 6 months. As of now, I can't even get the company that installed it to call me back. I'm sure they lost money on this sale!!

Date created: 2011-04-28 Name: BettyB
Location: Fairfax, VA

"Never Again"
I'm very disappointed to be shopping for a new central A/C unit after having the Amana installed only 9 years ago and it is already shot. Thankfully I had a service contract which covered the last two whomping expensive repair jobs, but this time they tell me it would cost as much to fix it as to replace it. No A/C should only last 9 years or should have to have major repairs within that time. I'll never buy Amana again. Unfortunately I also replaced the furnace with an Amana at the same time and I'm hoping that won't give up the ghost next.

Date created: 2011-04-03 Name: Tom
Location: San Diego, California

"Good A/C"
I have read somewhere that most A/C problems are caused by poor installation, and I totally believe it, I have seen some junky installations! This Amana was installed by the best technicians, and it was operating flawlessly for the past two years. The two-speed scroll compressor is great. The unit is coupled to a Goodman (same brand) two speed air handler, both working great, zero problems.

Date created: 2011-03-25 Name: L White
Location: San Antonio, TX.

"Waste your MONEY"
I bought the system to replace an older system. Every year it has cost me enough sweat to buy a top of the line unit. That is it, I want to get rid of it no matter what. If you buy it, beware!!! It will cost you, not in the parts, but in the refrigerent. R410A is expensive and so is labor!!!! They will gladly replace the parts, but if the part causes the refrigerent to leak so sorry for you. GO WITH ANOTHER BRAND!!!! I have warned you.