Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: rob
Location: cinci

"Great equipment bad install"
This is kind of crazy, I have read some very iffy reviews. Nine times out of ten, it is the installers that are the problem. If the lines are not brazed correctly, no filter drier, not vacuumed properly. Bad ducting is a huge problem, you can't just go with the least expensive go with the guy that makes the most sense and ask why is this better. I was new at once at this, I made my mistakes only at my cost. Goodman/Amana make very good quality equipment, there is always going to be a bad apple in the bunch but as a rule. Nobody gets two bad systems unless it is a weather king. You have a bad install.

Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: L. Rapaport
Location: Encino, CA

"AMANA Air Conditioner - Very poor quality, does not work properly"
Unit has not worked properly since it was installed over 2 weeks ago. The house cannot be kept cool, the house is humid because the unit stops working, etc.

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: J. Garibay
Location: Walnut, CA

"Really works well!"
Wow, either you love it or hate it. My new Amana system that I had installed a few years ago works very nice and lowered my electric bill less than 1/2. It could be 105 outside and I keep my a/c at at 75 with no problems. No matter what anybody says, Amana is good equipment and do recommend it to all my friends. I shopped long and hard before I spent my hard earned money. Amana by far has the best warranty with Lifetime compressor with copper tubing, Lifetime heat exchanger uses stainless steel, 10 year parts and 1 year labor as standard. Would buy it again. My neighbor has a 3 year old Trane with nothing but problems. His system struggles to keep it at 80. But I really think the contractor he hired was not very good. So maybe its not fair to say its the Trane equipment?

Date created: 2011-08-04 Name: K. Carpenter
Location: Garland, TX

"Horrible Equipment"
I had an Amana ac unit installed in my house a year 1/2 ago and have had nothing but problems. The unit has had to be serviced six times. We are now at the point that we are having to have the compressor replaced because it continues to lock up. Amana was replaced by a home warranty company who I believe found the cheapest ac equipment they could find so they would be paid 100% by the home warranty company for both equipment and labor. I have had a reputable ac company come out and evaluate the problems and they said the problem is the equipment and that they would not recommend putting Amana in any home.

Date created: 2011-07-12 Name: B. Cassidy
Location: Orlando FL

"Amana Distinctions AC Unit"
I have had many major problems with Amana Distinctions AC unit.Have spent almost $1K over past week on labor alone. Parts are warranteed, but apparently not easily obtained, at least here in Florida. Per the techs, Amana is a builder model AC system, made by Goodman and of low overall quality. Do not recommend the Amana at all. It is a disaster and I would never have purchased it (just 2 years ago) had the installer company not 'highly' recommended it.

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Wendy
Location: New Jersey

"Portable 14,000 btu's"
I've been running my unit for two solid days. It's approx 82degrees outside I can't get my livingroom lower than 75 with this unit. I wish we never spent $600 on it. It wasn't worth it. My little window units cool faster. I will never own another Amana Product. Think twice before buying this unit. You'd be better off with a bowl of ice & a fan.

Date created: 2011-07-03 Name: K. Hayes
Location: TUCSON AZ

"BE SMART"
MY UNIT IS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD. IT HAS A LEAK! THEY HAVE BEEN HERE TO LOOK FOR THE LEAK 11 TIMES. THEY HAVE FILLED UP MY UNIT ABOUT 8 TIMES AND THEY HAVEN'T FOUND IT YET. IVE PAID A FLIPPIN FORTUNE, FOR THE BEST UNIT OUT THERE, AND ALL I CAN SAY IS AMANA IS HORRIBLE! PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE. GO WITH A WELL KNOWN COMPANY LIKE SEARS AND GET THE SERVICE CONTRACT. DON'T GO WITH A COMPANY CALLED AIR CO. I LIVE IN TUCSON AZ AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO BE WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING IN THE SUMMER. 110 DEGREES OUTSIDE. YIKES. HOPE THIS REVIEW HELPS OTHERS TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: L. Brown
Location: San Dimas, CA

"Works Well"
Replaced my Ruud with a larger Amana air conditioning unit and furnace. Now this thing cools and heats wonderful. No problems at all.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: SAV
Location: Chicago, IL

"AWESOME AMANA!"
After 20 years I now need to replace my Amana central air conditioning unit. The condenser shorted out and have had only one service call during the 20 years I have had this 3 ton, 8 seer unit. Always worked well all summer and sat all winter long in freezing cold Midwest winters. Hope the next one I purchase will last as long!

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: [email protected]
Location: Justin, Texas

"AMANA DISTINTIONS AC UNIT "YUCK""
Unit stopped working within 3 years. Warranty covers faulty part but does not cover the cost of replacing all the lost refrigerant due to the faulty part nor labor to re-install their replacement part. My cost is a $725.00 repair bill. Another company quoted me $800. In addition another $150 in service calls as I had two different companys come out and evaluate the unit. I live in relatively new community and my neighbors are all having problems with their AMANA Distinctions Heating & Air Conditioning units. Don't buy this product if you can avoid so. My neighbor directly across the street called in his 3rd service call today and the AC rep said it is his reversing valve. Same problem as mine. We are trying to band together with other neighbors and file a joint complaint.