Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-06-11 Name: Disgruntled Joe
Location: California

"Out of the Pan, Into the Fire"
Read various reviews about Amana, wish I would have read them before I purchased mine a few years ago. Not sure if it the unit itself, Amana, or the company that installed it but the unit is shot - out a lot of money. The hvac posters on here say it probably would be the company that installed it and not Amana - either way I will not buy another Amana product or services from that specific hvac company as neither of them are taking care of the product to my standards - even though it is under warranty.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: Kathleen
Location: Orlando, FL

"Piece of Junk!"
We replaced our a/c unit 3 years ago and it's been a nightmare ever since! The sales rep talked us into an Amana because of it's warranty, and it's a total nightmare. I have a stack of 30 receipts from fixes this unit has needed. The coil has been replaced, the capacitor, anything you can possibly think of. It's leaked from here, there, and everywhere. It's a piece of garbage that was a total waste of money. The 13 year old unit that we replaced was much better than this!

Date created: 2012-05-01 Name: Chris
Location: Tampa Bay area

"Waste of money"
I am an a/c tech and I got stuck with this piece of garbage because it was in the new house we bought. The unit is a poor performing unit. It has never operated properly and is poorly manufactured. Stay away from any Goodman Mfg products.

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: Kerry Williamson
Location: Las Cruces,NM

"Amana service problems"
I've had an amana roof-top unit for 5 years. Every year I get to replace all the freon as the unit has leaked since purchased. Amana offers an excellent warranty. The problem is they do not honor it. If you would like to spend every spring leaving messages on amana reps phones, only to never get a call back, by all means buy one. If you think your time and money is better spent on other things... do not buy anything from amana. The poor quality of their products is only matched by their poor service. I'm dealing w/ El Paso,Tx distributor and (even worse) Phoenix, az regional.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: B Spellings
Location: Bakersfield, Ca

"JUNK"
My old unit was a Day and Night it was on the roof for approx. 20 yrs. So it broke down cost $1000.00 to repair no warranty. Decided to replace the unit the installer, Air Tech in Bakersfield, Ca. said Amana was a good unit. I had nothing but problems with it finally the condenser coil blew out after 8 yrs and 6 months at a loss of $7500.00. So now I had to purchase a new air conditioner from a reputable company who instructed me on a better brand to buy at a less cost that the "pile of junk I got stuck with" Thank you Air Tech for ripping me off.

Date created: 2012-03-31 Name: A Kowalski
Location: Peoria, Illinois

"Coils/condensor cumbling and turning Gray"
W had this unit installed in November 2005 and did not turn it on until 2006. Been work however the coil condensor is turning gray and crumbling apart. While Amana cannot explain what is wrong with they are saying its not covered under warranty and the entire unit needs to be replaced. We purchased Amana for its dependability and warranty clearly they do not stand behind their products like they use too!

Date created: 2012-03-10 Name: S. Benton
Location: Merritt Island, Fl.

"Inferior Quality"
This unit breaks down about every 6 months. Today I am without a/c for 12 days and still they haven't got the part to fix it. It is just disgusting that Amana actually gets away with selling such shoddy equipment. I have had 7 service calls in less than three years and have also been without heat in the winter due to their inferior quality. I am usually very patient but I am really tired of doing without heat and air for long periods due to their equipment. I would strongly advise anyone not to buy their products.

Date created: 2011-11-08 Name: Willliam
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"HVAC Tech"
Any company that comes out and tells you that the brand of your equipment is worthless is lying to you!!!!! I am a hvac technician and have been for some years now. I have put in the cheapest and most expensive brands of equipment and never had a problem with any of them!! I personally would never bad mouth any brand of equipment, it depends completely on the technicians installing it. Company's that come to your home and lie like this are there for one thing, your money!! Every brand out there has problems with certain models sometimes. No company is worse than the other. For future work be sure to use a reputable company who can verify credentials, and has a 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied. Stay away from the liars!! Good luck!!!

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: rob
Location: cinci

"Great equipment bad install"
This is kind of crazy, I have read some very iffy reviews. Nine times out of ten, it is the installers that are the problem. If the lines are not brazed correctly, no filter drier, not vacuumed properly. Bad ducting is a huge problem, you can't just go with the least expensive go with the guy that makes the most sense and ask why is this better. I was new at once at this, I made my mistakes only at my cost. Goodman/Amana make very good quality equipment, there is always going to be a bad apple in the bunch but as a rule. Nobody gets two bad systems unless it is a weather king. You have a bad install.

Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: L. Rapaport
Location: Encino, CA

"AMANA Air Conditioner - Very poor quality, does not work properly"
Unit has not worked properly since it was installed over 2 weeks ago. The house cannot be kept cool, the house is humid because the unit stops working, etc.