Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-04-25 Name: Kerry Williamson
Location: Las Cruces,NM

"Amana service problems"
I've had an amana roof-top unit for 5 years. Every year I get to replace all the freon as the unit has leaked since purchased. Amana offers an excellent warranty. The problem is they do not honor it. If you would like to spend every spring leaving messages on amana reps phones, only to never get a call back, by all means buy one. If you think your time and money is better spent on other things... do not buy anything from amana. The poor quality of their products is only matched by their poor service. I'm dealing w/ El Paso,Tx distributor and (even worse) Phoenix, az regional.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: B Spellings
Location: Bakersfield, Ca

"JUNK"
My old unit was a Day and Night it was on the roof for approx. 20 yrs. So it broke down cost $1000.00 to repair no warranty. Decided to replace the unit the installer, Air Tech in Bakersfield, Ca. said Amana was a good unit. I had nothing but problems with it finally the condenser coil blew out after 8 yrs and 6 months at a loss of $7500.00. So now I had to purchase a new air conditioner from a reputable company who instructed me on a better brand to buy at a less cost that the "pile of junk I got stuck with" Thank you Air Tech for ripping me off.

Date created: 2012-03-31 Name: A Kowalski
Location: Peoria, Illinois

"Coils/condensor cumbling and turning Gray"
W had this unit installed in November 2005 and did not turn it on until 2006. Been work however the coil condensor is turning gray and crumbling apart. While Amana cannot explain what is wrong with they are saying its not covered under warranty and the entire unit needs to be replaced. We purchased Amana for its dependability and warranty clearly they do not stand behind their products like they use too!

Date created: 2012-03-10 Name: S. Benton
Location: Merritt Island, Fl.

"Inferior Quality"
This unit breaks down about every 6 months. Today I am without a/c for 12 days and still they haven't got the part to fix it. It is just disgusting that Amana actually gets away with selling such shoddy equipment. I have had 7 service calls in less than three years and have also been without heat in the winter due to their inferior quality. I am usually very patient but I am really tired of doing without heat and air for long periods due to their equipment. I would strongly advise anyone not to buy their products.

Date created: 2011-11-08 Name: Willliam
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"HVAC Tech"
Any company that comes out and tells you that the brand of your equipment is worthless is lying to you!!!!! I am a hvac technician and have been for some years now. I have put in the cheapest and most expensive brands of equipment and never had a problem with any of them!! I personally would never bad mouth any brand of equipment, it depends completely on the technicians installing it. Company's that come to your home and lie like this are there for one thing, your money!! Every brand out there has problems with certain models sometimes. No company is worse than the other. For future work be sure to use a reputable company who can verify credentials, and has a 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied. Stay away from the liars!! Good luck!!!

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: rob
Location: cinci

"Great equipment bad install"
This is kind of crazy, I have read some very iffy reviews. Nine times out of ten, it is the installers that are the problem. If the lines are not brazed correctly, no filter drier, not vacuumed properly. Bad ducting is a huge problem, you can't just go with the least expensive go with the guy that makes the most sense and ask why is this better. I was new at once at this, I made my mistakes only at my cost. Goodman/Amana make very good quality equipment, there is always going to be a bad apple in the bunch but as a rule. Nobody gets two bad systems unless it is a weather king. You have a bad install.

Date created: 2011-08-21 Name: J. Cern
Location: Richardson, TX

"Model ASX130481CA"
Although I like how the unit performs when it works, it seems to have a morbidly high failure rate. Connectors burning open on the condenser because the crimp-on-only connectors are underrated. The simple application of a little bit of solder to the connectors at assembly time would absolutely cure this issue, and vastly improve Amana's overall reputation, which right now must be near zero as service technicians scramble in record-breaking heat to fix stupid design flaws. Come on now, gimme a break!

Date created: 2011-08-18 Name: L. Rapaport
Location: Encino, CA

"AMANA Air Conditioner - Very poor quality, does not work properly"
Unit has not worked properly since it was installed over 2 weeks ago. The house cannot be kept cool, the house is humid because the unit stops working, etc.

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: J. Garibay
Location: Walnut, CA

"Really works well!"
Wow, either you love it or hate it. My new Amana system that I had installed a few years ago works very nice and lowered my electric bill less than 1/2. It could be 105 outside and I keep my a/c at at 75 with no problems. No matter what anybody says, Amana is good equipment and do recommend it to all my friends. I shopped long and hard before I spent my hard earned money. Amana by far has the best warranty with Lifetime compressor with copper tubing, Lifetime heat exchanger uses stainless steel, 10 year parts and 1 year labor as standard. Would buy it again. My neighbor has a 3 year old Trane with nothing but problems. His system struggles to keep it at 80. But I really think the contractor he hired was not very good. So maybe its not fair to say its the Trane equipment?

Date created: 2011-08-04 Name: K. Carpenter
Location: Garland, TX

"Horrible Equipment"
I had an Amana ac unit installed in my house a year 1/2 ago and have had nothing but problems. The unit has had to be serviced six times. We are now at the point that we are having to have the compressor replaced because it continues to lock up. Amana was replaced by a home warranty company who I believe found the cheapest ac equipment they could find so they would be paid 100% by the home warranty company for both equipment and labor. I have had a reputable ac company come out and evaluate the problems and they said the problem is the equipment and that they would not recommend putting Amana in any home.