Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: T. Pruitt
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Very Dissatisfied Customer"
Purchased unit in 2002 for $4,000. 3 warranty calls in first 5 years. After 5 years of service (warranty period), spent over $6,500 in repairs over next 5 years. Replaced every component but compressor. Constant leaks of oil and refrigerant. Last repair bill over $1000. Decided to replace (2012). Got a Trane. Will never buy another Amana product.

Date created: 2012-08-18 Name: p huss
Location: wisconsin

"Like said installer lnstaller installer"
Like said I think its all about who installed the unit. Installed a 13seer amana march 2012. Great unit so far. Set at 78 and its to cold for me. As for the warranty I am sure I paid extra for this but I am ok with that because for next 20 years everything is covered parts and labor and the compressor lifetime. I installed a amana furnace at the sametime and same type warranty and I am just as happy. a Big Thank To The good guys in appleton wi. I can not say enough about how good they where from start to finish. Will again as needed in the future.

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: Robert Plasid
Location: Houston Tx

"Amana Is Top Of The Line."
The problem with the internet is any one can slam anything or anyone, any other mfg can smear the other homeowner. Facts are the people that are very happy with their Equipment on any Mfg model are not out here venting their problems. Trane Carrier Amanna Goodman all are good units How they are installed and maintaned or used, I love it on a service call. when I go out for a problem there always a New filter and the unit shines. Stop by without calling and I have found no filter installed or so dirty that it was about to be sucked up. I'm going to sum this up. How can every other person be happy and five stars and every other bitting the Bullet, Find out the truth, there a lot more to every story, Installation is the key, Outlaw DIY and 99% of the problems will be solved.

Date created: 2012-07-21 Name: S Mooney
Location: Charlotte NC

"Cold & Happy"
My Amana ASX 14 has kept me cold for 12 years. The ac keeps running and has never given me a issue. Happy customer.

Date created: 2012-07-11 Name: Subject Matter Expert
Location: Missouri

"Air Conditioning Bliss"
Customers of Amana or any brand for that matter. If your system has to be charged with freon it is not Amana's fault. It is (who) you selected to install it. If your system is less than 5 years old and you were charged to repair anything on your unit it was installed incorrectly. Again, (who) the company you select is very important. Cheap labor is not necessarily skilled and skilled labor is not necessarily cheap. You get what you pay for. Amana is Awesome! How could you rate anything but 5 stars?

Date created: 2012-06-28 Name: W. Billings
Location: Key Largo, FL

"Could have done better"
Decided to replace our old ac when remodeling the house, and chose the Amana based on our now former tech's recommendation, and the warranty. After the install we discovered we couldn't run only the fan like we've been able to do with every other unit we've had. We've had two repair calls that the new tech attributed to power surges. The "lifetime" filter is a joke, stops only the largest debris, and allows everything else to deposit itself on the coils. Also found out, from the former tech, that annual service didn't include cleaning the coils and would cost several hundred dollars. To add insult to injury the size of the "lifetime" filter is is different than every other filter on the market, and the ones we had custom made cause the unit to whistle and howl. When it works it works well, but we certainly haven't saved any money with our new, energy efficient air conditioner.

Date created: 2012-06-28 Name: Jack E
Location: columbia SC

"Just Keeps Going"
My wife and I have had an Amana ac and furnace for 16 years. The system works great!!! I have not had to spend $1 to fix the system :). I will buy Amana for life!

Date created: 2012-06-11 Name: Disgruntled Joe
Location: California

"Out of the Pan, Into the Fire"
Read various reviews about Amana, wish I would have read them before I purchased mine a few years ago. Not sure if it the unit itself, Amana, or the company that installed it but the unit is shot - out a lot of money. The hvac posters on here say it probably would be the company that installed it and not Amana - either way I will not buy another Amana product or services from that specific hvac company as neither of them are taking care of the product to my standards - even though it is under warranty.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: Kathleen
Location: Orlando, FL

"Piece of Junk!"
We replaced our a/c unit 3 years ago and it's been a nightmare ever since! The sales rep talked us into an Amana because of it's warranty, and it's a total nightmare. I have a stack of 30 receipts from fixes this unit has needed. The coil has been replaced, the capacitor, anything you can possibly think of. It's leaked from here, there, and everywhere. It's a piece of garbage that was a total waste of money. The 13 year old unit that we replaced was much better than this!

Date created: 2012-05-01 Name: Chris
Location: Tampa Bay area

"Waste of money"
I am an a/c tech and I got stuck with this piece of garbage because it was in the new house we bought. The unit is a poor performing unit. It has never operated properly and is poorly manufactured. Stay away from any Goodman Mfg products.