Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-06-14 Name: kent hurla
Location: excelsior springs mo

"Bad compressors"
I'm on my second Amana A/C. I will never buy another one. The company won't even talk to me. The compressor went out on both. Stay away from this brand. Wake up Amana, fix the problems with the compressors.

Date created: 2014-04-26 Name: Dave W

AC guy is replacing the compressor on the 3 year old unit. We have been through a coil already, and a couple of electrical parts. Amana is crap, don't buy it!

Date created: 2014-03-28 Name: DW Johnson
Location: birmingham al

"Thanks"
Thank you for such a great product. We are finally comfortable in our home!

Date created: 2013-10-01 Name: Clint

"Garbage, Absolute Garbage"
Short and simple. Two units professionally installed. Three bad coils and two condensers in four years. Both units sit in an air-conditioned, foam-insulated attic. Annual maintenance and filter schedule. Trash.

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: S. Lancaster
Location: Grand Prairie, TX

"Never Again!!"
I have had a 16 seer Amana for 5 years. I have had someone out here for leaks, 3 of those years and it has never cooled well since it was put in. I also had to have the evaporator coil replaced due to a leak after only 3 years. I am currently sitting here for the 4th leak due to another faulty part that leaked and locked in the 'heat' mode with no parts available. It is currently 100+ degrees outside. Goodman/Amana... You and your workers should be ashamed for producing and selling such crap! Never again will I buy another product from either of these companies.

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: G D
Location: Burlington, Ontario

"Amana Poor Quality Inexcusable"
2 of the homes we own had Amana air conditioners installed within the past 6 or so years. Both Amana units have leaked refrigerant repeatedly and cost us hundreds or dollars to replace refrigerant. Very very disappointed we chose Amana. We will now have to bear the cost of replacing the whole systems to overcome the constant cost of incurring hundreds of dollars to replace refrigerant. Do not buy Amana air conditioning products! I guess I'm sadly not surprised a North American manufacturer would take hard earned dollars from people in exchange for a product that is so unreliable.

Date created: 2013-05-16 Name: cdm
Location: Induana

"A Coil Prone to Leaks"
Don't buy this brand. Buy window units until you save up enough for a better quality brand. Had to refill with refrigerant each season. Replaced a coil and the new one leaks also. No issues with the furnace, yet.

Date created: 2013-05-08 Name: Rob Smith
Location: Orlando, Florida

"Run don't Walk Away from AMANA AC"
Run don't walk away from Amana AC. Ours had a leak after 3 years. With any luck yours will not break in July nor August. Ours broke in May. Would never buy AMANA anything. They produce subquality products. Hope you buy the labor warranty and parts warranty. You still will pay for the extra like expensive refrigerant and service to evacuate and test.

Date created: 2013-04-24 Name: Michael
Location: Sylmar, CA

"Very disappointed"
17 months after installation, the compressor bound up. The serviceman insisted that the best remedy was to add an after-market "hard-start" compressor saver -- to the tune of $400!! Apparently this happens all the time -- I called the local distributor who had over 200 of thee "hard- start" devices in stock. Why in the world a company like Amana who's been making central air units for decades can't engineer a decent product beyond me. Goodbye forever, Amana -- and Goodman.

Date created: 2013-04-23 Name: T. Malone
Location: TX

"Never Amana again!"
I had an Amana Model RCC48C2C installed in my new build last 2005. I have maintained contact service since 2006 on all major appliances. Well, here we are in 2013 I had to replace one entire unit (I have two units one for each floor). I asked the installer about the Amana, quoting ..."a piece of crap" not his exact words but you get my drift. On my next build I will be diligently involved in all selection of what I want in my home, I never wanted to have a chance to spend another $7200 bill after 8 yrs!!