Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: S. Lancaster
Location: Grand Prairie, TX

"Never Again!!"
I have had a 16 seer Amana for 5 years. I have had someone out here for leaks, 3 of those years and it has never cooled well since it was put in. I also had to have the evaporator coil replaced due to a leak after only 3 years. I am currently sitting here for the 4th leak due to another faulty part that leaked and locked in the 'heat' mode with no parts available. It is currently 100+ degrees outside. Goodman/Amana... You and your workers should be ashamed for producing and selling such crap! Never again will I buy another product from either of these companies.

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: G D
Location: Burlington, Ontario

"Amana Poor Quality Inexcusable"
2 of the homes we own had Amana air conditioners installed within the past 6 or so years. Both Amana units have leaked refrigerant repeatedly and cost us hundreds or dollars to replace refrigerant. Very very disappointed we chose Amana. We will now have to bear the cost of replacing the whole systems to overcome the constant cost of incurring hundreds of dollars to replace refrigerant. Do not buy Amana air conditioning products! I guess I'm sadly not surprised a North American manufacturer would take hard earned dollars from people in exchange for a product that is so unreliable.

Date created: 2013-05-16 Name: cdm
Location: Induana

"A Coil Prone to Leaks"
Don't buy this brand. Buy window units until you save up enough for a better quality brand. Had to refill with refrigerant each season. Replaced a coil and the new one leaks also. No issues with the furnace, yet.

Date created: 2013-05-08 Name: Rob Smith
Location: Orlando, Florida

"Run don't Walk Away from AMANA AC"
Run don't walk away from Amana AC. Ours had a leak after 3 years. With any luck yours will not break in July nor August. Ours broke in May. Would never buy AMANA anything. They produce subquality products. Hope you buy the labor warranty and parts warranty. You still will pay for the extra like expensive refrigerant and service to evacuate and test.

Date created: 2013-04-24 Name: Michael
Location: Sylmar, CA

"Very disappointed"
17 months after installation, the compressor bound up. The serviceman insisted that the best remedy was to add an after-market "hard-start" compressor saver -- to the tune of $400!! Apparently this happens all the time -- I called the local distributor who had over 200 of thee "hard- start" devices in stock. Why in the world a company like Amana who's been making central air units for decades can't engineer a decent product beyond me. Goodbye forever, Amana -- and Goodman.

Date created: 2013-04-23 Name: T. Malone
Location: TX

"Never Amana again!"
I had an Amana Model RCC48C2C installed in my new build last 2005. I have maintained contact service since 2006 on all major appliances. Well, here we are in 2013 I had to replace one entire unit (I have two units one for each floor). I asked the installer about the Amana, quoting ..."a piece of crap" not his exact words but you get my drift. On my next build I will be diligently involved in all selection of what I want in my home, I never wanted to have a chance to spend another $7200 bill after 8 yrs!!

Date created: 2013-03-16 Name: Janet Helm
Location: Tampa, FL

"Goodman passed off for Amana!"
Within a 3 year period I had $10,000 investment and maintenance charges for this unit, in which the coil repeatedly broke down causing the unit to fail. I had to replace the entire thing at a cost of $6,200 in just 3 years. Bayside Heating and Air was the seller and did maintenance. They were more interested in selling me unecessary services than servicing the unit they installed.

Date created: 2013-03-06 Name: la

"Junk ac"
Amana is the biggest piece junk on the market. Do not install!!!!

Date created: 2013-02-25 Name: bruno

"AVOID AT ALL COST!"
In less than 6 years, we had to replace twice both the compressor tank and the condensation coil.

Date created: 2013-02-13 Name: G. Campbell
Location: Austin, TX

"Bad heat pumps!"
We have 3 amana units and have had nothing but problems with the 2 larger ones. We have replaced 1 condenser and several parts in the furnace. I don't think they have ever run like they should. We have had 5 different ac companies work on them and they have all virtually given up. I have called amana direct and all they do is give me a service company local to me. Just had another company they recommended out and still not fixed after 2 days of trying to figure it out and now I have not heard from them in 3 weeks. Guess they cut their losses. It amazes me that amana offer lifetime free parts for their equipment yet no one has a clue how to wire, operate and maintain them.