Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: Lori Peterson
Location: United States

"Nothing but problems!"
We had a 4 ton / 16 SEER unit professionally installed in our house in 2011 to try to be more energy efficient, and we have had repeated issues with it. We've had to call for service no less than 6 times in the last 3 years. There have been a number of different problems - start capacitor, board malfunctions, leaks, and other things. We are currently running on emergency heat only because there appears to be a leak in the system again. We had the cheapest unit you can get in our starter home and didn't have to get service 1 time in the 10 years we lived there! The cheap unit we replaced in our current home was installed in another home, and they haven't had to call for service 1 time. We bought the Amana extended warranty and have had trouble finding repairmen who will do the work because they say Amana/Goodman cheats them out of the labor costs. We paid good money for the unit and labor but find ourselves wishing we had sprung the extra $2000 to go with Trane.

Date created: 2014-08-08 Name: Laurie Zinser

"Don't Buy"
We had periodic problems with Amana / Goodman ever since we bought our new home in 2007. After 7 years of use we had to replace the coil and other misc items with the unit. Stay away from Amana!

Date created: 2014-07-29 Name: Clara Gee
Location: Pearland,TX

"A/C"
I bought this 14 SEER A/C unit on 9/3/10. The compressor had to be replaced on 7/21/11 which was $1200 for labor. Now the coils, etc. in the attic are rusty. The labor to replace these items is $1300. I am extremely disappointed in this air conditioner. I would not buy this brand again.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: Calvin
Location: Atlanta Georgia

"Cost Efficient Quality Air"
It hard for me to believe that the ratings are so low. I work on older units a lot of time, and most continue to run with no real problems.

Date created: 2014-06-14 Name: kent hurla
Location: excelsior springs mo

"Bad compressors"
I'm on my second Amana A/C. I will never buy another one. The company won't even talk to me. The compressor went out on both. Stay away from this brand. Wake up Amana, fix the problems with the compressors.

Date created: 2014-04-26 Name: Dave W

AC guy is replacing the compressor on the 3 year old unit. We have been through a coil already, and a couple of electrical parts. Amana is crap, don't buy it!

Date created: 2014-03-28 Name: DW Johnson
Location: birmingham al

"Thanks"
Thank you for such a great product. We are finally comfortable in our home!

Date created: 2013-10-01 Name: Clint

"Garbage, Absolute Garbage"
Short and simple. Two units professionally installed. Three bad coils and two condensers in four years. Both units sit in an air-conditioned, foam-insulated attic. Annual maintenance and filter schedule. Trash.

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: S. Lancaster
Location: Grand Prairie, TX

"Never Again!!"
I have had a 16 seer Amana for 5 years. I have had someone out here for leaks, 3 of those years and it has never cooled well since it was put in. I also had to have the evaporator coil replaced due to a leak after only 3 years. I am currently sitting here for the 4th leak due to another faulty part that leaked and locked in the 'heat' mode with no parts available. It is currently 100+ degrees outside. Goodman/Amana... You and your workers should be ashamed for producing and selling such crap! Never again will I buy another product from either of these companies.

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: G D
Location: Burlington, Ontario

"Amana Poor Quality Inexcusable"
2 of the homes we own had Amana air conditioners installed within the past 6 or so years. Both Amana units have leaked refrigerant repeatedly and cost us hundreds or dollars to replace refrigerant. Very very disappointed we chose Amana. We will now have to bear the cost of replacing the whole systems to overcome the constant cost of incurring hundreds of dollars to replace refrigerant. Do not buy Amana air conditioning products! I guess I'm sadly not surprised a North American manufacturer would take hard earned dollars from people in exchange for a product that is so unreliable.