Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2007-08-07 Name: DJ
Location: White Castle, LA

Our outside central units are Amana units installed in 1979. They are now very OLD so we need to replace one immediately. We are told the new ones must be in sync with the attic heating/condensor/blower units. One Amana outside unit must be replaced immediately as I feel replacing the motor would be added expense in addition to the more than 111.00 I was charged today. HOW do I get a price on just an outside Amana unit (for our kitchen end of the house) 3 or 3.5 ton unit for this Louisiana weather. We will keep our fingers crossed that the one on the bedroom side might hold on until we can replace upstairs & outside units. The attic part on the kitchen side was replaced about 5 or 6 yrs ago. One air conditioner man told us that it's so new that an inexpensive part..less than 60.00 could put it in sync with a new outside unit. ALL must be replaced on the bedroom side..attic part (old fedders heater, etc) AND the ouside Amana smaller unit (2.5 or 3.0 ton). These 2 Amana (outside) units have certainly given us outstanding service since 1979. In 2008, it will be 29 yrs of service (for the smaller Amana unit on the bedroom side)!!

Date created: 2006-08-09 Years owned: 2

In the third summer season, I had to replace the blower motor. My neighbor had to replace his after the third summer (Amana also). The motor was covered under warranty but the labor and service call cost approx. $250.00. I will say that this Amana system is very quiet inside.