Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-07-18 Name: Carlos Sanchez

"Mr"
Piece of Junk. We had 2 brand new units installed in our house. They gave us nothing but trouble from the day one. Multiple failures of condenser and evaporator cores. Both had to be replaced after 5 years.

Date created: 2009-07-16 Name: Dan Walton

"Danny"
The compressor unit seems to cool ok,but, at a cost. I replaced a 20 year old carrier unit with an amana. The new amana was supposed to be quieter and more cost efficient. I can honestly say that it is the loudest a/c unit I have ever heard. I can hear it running from anywhere in my house, and from as far away as my nieghbors house two doors down the street. I believe the compreesor is making the noise, and will not last because of it. Amana has replaced the unit, admitting the loudness of it, but the new unit is just as bad. As for cost efficient, do not see it.

Date created: 2009-07-14 Name: Cynthia Miller

"Amana"
Complete piece of junk. Had compressor replaced 2 years ago and now it is out again. Company says only had a 90 day warranty on new compressor. paid $150.00 to be told that I need a whole new unit.

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: Jimmy

"Reply to HOPE"
Your post sounds almost impossible to believe! Either you're a competitor just bashing this brand or you have had the worst experience ever! I find your comments impossible to believe....things you say just do not make sense. If all you say is true, then you must of had the absolute worst hack ever install your system! Some things are a bit over the top....your post is way over the top! Hard to believe!

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: HOPE EDMISTON
Location: Texas

"AMANA SUCKS"
We purchased the inside and out brand new with a 5 yr warranty then paid for the ten yr extended. So far we have had the inside motor and squirrel cage replaced 4 times because they fell apart. Then we've had the outside fan replaced. The condensers been replaced and we had to change our inside breaker from a 40 amp to a 60 amp due to the outside unit shutting it off after the 2 inside fan was replaced. now as of last night (temp. 105 Texas) inside temp was 92, the compressor and condensors are both out. Had to find a window unit and have my kids sleep in my room on the floor just to keep cool. I know there is a lemon law and if Amana doesn't want to replace it then I will be finding me a lawyer. When you pay $5000.00 you expect the darn thing to last more then 3 yrs. but these repairs have been happening since it was 6 months old. I will never buy Amana again. We're not rich people and can't just go replace it every 3 yrs. You except it to have minor problems, but this is crazy. never again!!!

Date created: 2009-06-26 Name: Larry Tompkins

"Very dependable"
Our Amana ac unit has been absolutely wonderful. It keeps our home very comfortable and we have not experienced any problems in the 4 years since it was installed. Very quiet and very dependable.

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: D. Bloomer

"Amana Central AC"
We have an Amana ac. We have not had one problem with it. We have it serviced yearly and are completely satisfied with it.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: hank

"Love it"
This is the second summer I have had my amana a/C. I wished I would have replaced my unit sooner if I knew I would save this much on my bills. I was surprised to see some of the reviews on here, about noise my service man sat down with me and showed me several units explaining the different types and how some were better then others. you must have just had bad installers I love my amana.

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: J.L. Haney

"Amana unit is terrible"
I'm in the process of replacing my 5-ton Amana packaged A/c unit. It was installed new in July 2003. Since that time, I'm on my 3rd compressor and just now the blower motor and circuit board has failed. The motor alone costs $700.00. When the service tech opened up the panel on the unit, it was amazing to see how much corrosion and mildew was in the unit. I've never seen the inside of an a/c unit look so bad. I've been adding up the repairs and I've almost spent as much repairing the unit as I did to purchase it new. I always thought that Amana was a good brand, but I have learned the hard way just how terrible these things are. I have never been more dissatisfied with an appliance as I have been with this one. I called Amana's consumer affairs division and was basically told to read the warranty and if its not covered, oh well, its your problem. One would think that a reputable company would look at the level of failure and be willing to help make this unit right, but not Amana. I also understand that Amana is either owned or affiliated with Goodman. Just to be safe, I would stay away from anyone that has anything to do with an Amana. These things are pure junk and Amana is useless.

Date created: 2009-06-13 Name: Bill Stephens

"Amanna SEER14"
I bought a replacement AC/Heating unit to replace an old unit(20yrs old) and this year the compressor went out. the install company Hixon h/a came out and replaced the compressor at no charge but told me that Amanna was charging them $50.00 for trade-in of old compressor. This model was purchased because it had a 10yr warr on the compressor and lifetime on the heat-exchanger and other heating compnets parts....I Thank Hixon for standing behind their products but shame on Amanna for charging the vendor.....