Consumer Reviews of AMANA central air conditioners

Read more about AMANA central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-07-11 Name: E. Stolz
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Buy ANYTHING else"
When I built my house 3 years ago my builder put an Amana system in my home. Big mistake. After three years the reversing valve broke leaving causing all the Freon to leak out. When I called Amana, because the unit is still under warranty, they replaced the $250 part but refused to pay for all the Freon that leaked out as a result of their faulty part ($600) or the labor charges to fix the unit ($900). I wish I had paid for a unit manufactured by anybody else. The customer service and quality of this product has to be the worst on the market!

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Mark Daniel Vaughn
Location: Riceville, TN

"Bad warranty"
After 2 years my Amana 5 ton a/c compressor has went out and all the lines are full of acid. The whole unit has to be replaced and its only 2 years old. I contacted my ho Insurance and am working with them as its in the 90's here and for the last 3 days we have been miserable. Bullshit deal all around I'm pissed.

Date created: 2017-06-04 Name: Joy Sayler
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Horrible Product"
We purchased an Amana HVAC unit several years ago and have had nothing but problems. The warranty was never honored by the company we purchased the unit from. At least once a year we have to have some major work done on it. Then it works for a while; alas not for long. We paid Aire Serv thousand of dollars for the product and the install and the service. All they every do is complain that we don't like our service or our unit. Today, we sit in 104 degree with no air. UGH! Fed up. But because company did not honor warranty, I will NEVER buy another AMANA product of any kind.

Date created: 2017-06-03 Name: consuelo aguilar

"Stay away from Amana"
I am a nurse and was sold this Amana a/c. Cost over $5,500, less than 2 years the compressor goes bad, even though the part is covered for 10 years- the labor and putting new refrigerant will cost me $500. Not reliable air conditioning system. Too costly to maintain.

Date created: 2017-05-04 Name: Ross bawer
Location: Miami, FL

"Amana junk"
Worst a/c in the market. I'm an HVAC contractor and I don't believe the lifetime warranty. Selling point is like buying a car because comes with lifetime warranty in the motor but 5 years transmission same with Amana's lifetime warranty in compressor and 10 years coils motors and parts not to mention Amana is a Goodman a/c with another name made with Chinese components and after 10 years your unit will be a big piece of rust.

Date created: 2017-04-16 Name: Ash
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

"Worst Service Ever"
This product came to us and when we installed it was making weirded sound. Contacted Amana in regards and they said someone will be coming in 24 to 48 hours. Its being a week now nothing happened. Also contacted HD supply where we bought it from and they said please contact Amana they will decide what to be done. Spend almost $3000 and this is what we got. Its very disappointing.

Date created: 2016-08-18 Name: Brad Shaver
Location: Lyman, SC

"Stay away!"
I would select below "very unsatisfied" if that was an option. Brand new unit in 2012. Had to replace the outside unit in 2014. Luckily it was under warranty but still had to pay for labor. I've had it "fixed" 3 times so far in 2016 and it's not cooling again. I even tried changing repairmen but neither one could keep this pile of junk running. Don't be fooled by the "lifetime warranty" - what that means is that it won't work right during your lifetime.

Date created: 2016-06-11 Name: J Shepherd
Location: Louisville, KY

"Unreliable"
After 1 year, it broke. It's 90 degrees and no air. Ten year warranty is no good if service stinks. They can't get to us for 2 days.

Date created: 2016-05-17 Name: Laura
Location: Lebanon, PA

"Big mistake!"
Not even used one season and water is pouring out of the return. My installer ( who is on the Amana website) never returned to fix it. Called another Amana service company and spent $125.00 for them to look at it. They said it would cost $400.00 to fix. Called Amana. They said that the part is not under warranty, it is extra. So, a part to keep my AC from leaking all over my ceiling, walls and floor is extra? Terrible unit, terrible service!

Date created: 2016-01-18 Name: Karen Smith
Location: Troutdale, OR

"Very unsatisfied"
We have had our unit for about 7-8 years. At 43 degrees the gas heat is coming on when it should not be. The gas heat is secondary, the heat pump is first. There is evidently something wrong with the heat pump. Not only that but the company that did our furnace and heat pump would not come out to see why our furnace or heat pump would not turn on during freezing rain. We are no longer going with ******* ******* ** *** because of this. We could have frozen. But thanks to Sunset Heating we got our heat back on.