Consumer Reviews of Amana central air conditioners

Read more about Amana central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-07-18 Name: B. Free
Location: Colts Neck, NJ

"Compressor won't run"
Team Electric installed this unit and it has not run for more than two consecutive weeks this entire summer. They constantly come and reset it and then leave saying they cannot determine why. They have loose wiring, filters, excessive hot weather and sensitive sensors; but the problem never gets corrected. Today is July 18, 2018 and Team Electric has been here for four consecutive days trying to get it to run by resetting it, but they cannot get it to even reset. They finally gave up two days ago and said it must be a manufacturing problem and we that we have to wait for a manufacturing representative to come diagnose the very complicated unit. We have been without air conditioning for four days and we are still waiting for the manufacturing representative to come take a look at it. As of today, we were told that Amana cannot have someone here to diagnose it today. We then contacted Amana ourselves and are still waiting for their return call and/ or reply via email on this matter. As the customer, we are not very satisfied with the installer (Team Electric) or Amana.

Date created: 2018-05-17 Name: Mike Decker
Location: Port St Lucie, FL

"AMANA MONEY PIT"
Replaced an American Standard system with an Amana central system in 2013, within a year the condenser coil needs to be replaced, under warranty, coil only, got as bill for $1600 from All American Air & Electric for freon and labor, what a deal! Almost 5 years after installation the air handler coil needs replacement, under warranty, coil only, freon and labor not. Another almost $1300 bill. Installer comes up with this bs story that the stock market was struggling and that all manufactures were experimenting with different materials to make coils cheaper and this is the result. All the manufactures had that problem and America Standard lead the way. Wanted to beat him endlessly, such bs. Buy anything but amana and buy from anybody but all american air & electric. They're both a joke!!!!!!
Date created: 2018-02-07 Name: j wolf
Location: Huntsville, TX

"Terrible parts replacement time"
18 months ago the blower motor failed. It took two weeks to get a replacement while my family fought 95 to 100 degree temps. Three weeks ago the upstairs coil failed, three days later they sent the wrong coil out. Four days later the correct one was installed but only to find out the heat pump was defective. Six days later the heat pump was installed. This period of time the temperatures ranged from 12 to 40 degrees at night. The supply house didn't keep any spare parts in stock. When the unit is operating correctly I have no complaints, the wait for parts is ridiculous.
Date created: 2018-02-04 Name: Debbie K.
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"I love my Amana A/C"
I had a Carrier that blew up in 2004! I had an Amana system installed and it is now 2018! The compressor blew a couple of years ago and they replaced it for free. Original installer installed it for $300! It is very efficient and when it comes time to replace it, I will get another Amana!
Date created: 2017-09-07 Name: Nancy
Location: Florida

"Poor Quality & Service"
I had my first Amana a/c installed three years ago by Adams Air Conditioning & have had nothing but problems this year costing me hundreds of dollars. The entire outside unit was replaced, lines serviced & thermostat replaced...still not working properly. I will never again purchase another Amana product & will be sure to warn others to avoid doing so also.
Date created: 2017-07-11 Name: E. Stolz
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Buy ANYTHING else"
When I built my house 3 years ago my builder put an Amana system in my home. Big mistake. After three years the reversing valve broke leaving causing all the Freon to leak out. When I called Amana, because the unit is still under warranty, they replaced the $250 part but refused to pay for all the Freon that leaked out as a result of their faulty part ($600) or the labor charges to fix the unit ($900). I wish I had paid for a unit manufactured by anybody else. The customer service and quality of this product has to be the worst on the market!
Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Mark Daniel Vaughn
Location: Riceville, TN

"Bad warranty"
After 2 years my Amana 5 ton a/c compressor has went out and all the lines are full of acid. The whole unit has to be replaced and its only 2 years old. I contacted my ho Insurance and am working with them as its in the 90's here and for the last 3 days we have been miserable. Bullshit deal all around I'm pissed.
Date created: 2017-06-04 Name: Joy Sayler
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Horrible Product"
We purchased an Amana HVAC unit several years ago and have had nothing but problems. The warranty was never honored by the company we purchased the unit from. At least once a year we have to have some major work done on it. Then it works for a while; alas not for long. We paid Aire Serv thousand of dollars for the product and the install and the service. All they every do is complain that we don't like our service or our unit. Today, we sit in 104 degree with no air. UGH! Fed up. But because company did not honor warranty, I will NEVER buy another AMANA product of any kind.
Date created: 2017-06-03 Name: consuelo aguilar

"Stay away from Amana"
I am a nurse and was sold this Amana a/c. Cost over $5,500, less than 2 years the compressor goes bad, even though the part is covered for 10 years- the labor and putting new refrigerant will cost me $500. Not reliable air conditioning system. Too costly to maintain.
Date created: 2017-05-04 Name: Ross bawer
Location: Miami, FL

"Amana junk"
Worst a/c in the market. I'm an hvac contractor and I don't believe the lifetime warranty. Selling point is like buying a car because comes with lifetime warranty in the motor but 5 years transmission same with Amana's lifetime warranty in compressor and 10 years coils motors and parts not to mention Amana is a Goodman a/c with another name made with Chinese components and after 10 years your unit will be a big piece of rust.