Consumer Reviews of AIRE FLO central air conditioners

Read more about AIRE FLO central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-07-28 Name: Jack W
Location: Chino Hills, CA

"Do not purchase Aire-Flo!"
The warranty service of Aire-Flo is very poor. They put me on hold for an hour without anyone that I can talk to. I will never purchase their products.

Date created: 2015-09-01 Name: jeff owens
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"My Aire-Flo experience"
I bought this home when it was 5 years old. After 3 years the A/C would shut off and trip the breaker. Reset and it would shut off again. Talking to a friend of mine, he suggested that there might be a loose connection. Sure enough, the connections at the unit were loose, the connections at the breaker box were loose, and the connections at the fuse box were loose. Had a free inspection done and the tech said my capacitor was on its last legs. Wanted $300 for replacement. I fixed it myself for $30. The unit is a little noisy, as are the rest of the neighborhood.

Date created: 2015-06-23 Name: Thomas Price
Location: Topeka, KS

"Lasted 5 years, won't back product"
I built a new home and had a local company install a heat pump where the motor and capacitor failed in 5.5 years. I talked to customer service and they refused to back their product. I told them it was my duty to warn other potential customers about their product. Sucks to be me... $377 later. Model #2HP13B42P-1A, Topeka, Kansas.

Date created: 2014-09-30 Name: Jackie Vanterpool
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"The best experience"
This has been the best experience ever. My situation was critical and the worker understood this. They worked effectively to ensure that my unit was installed and was in perfect working condition. I have not had any problems and, best of all, my monthly utility bill is over one hundred dollars less. Thank you for helping me save money every month.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: TJ raffody
Location: Indiana

"GARBAGE UNIT"
I have lived in my new house for 7 years. I have two units for my house. I have had problems with both! Dont buy this airflow garbage units. I had 2 companies come on to check them and they both said the compressor is bad. Really 7 years old?

Date created: 2013-08-05 Name: M. Henry
Location: Tampa, Fl

"Worst System Ever"
I replaced and "upgraded" my 25 year old AC unit that never ever broke down, other than the dog biting through a hose and leaking freon. That repair was $80. Four years later and thousands in repair and warranty service charges and it has broken down again. Aire flo has been a nightmare.

Date created: 2012-08-31 Name: James Nesbitt
Location: Valley View, TX

"Terrible product and service"
This thing is a waste of money for sure. Within 1 day...not 1 month or 1 year, the compressor went out. We called our home warranty and they didn't cover it because it was brand new and said it was up to the manufacturer to cover it. They refused to replace the unit even though if it already had a bad compressor chances are something else would go wrong. We were put on hold multiple times and had to speak to half a dozen people. Then they didn't want to release the new part. I suppose they are used to lots of complaints because they know there product is bad. Finally, the compressor is fixed and immediately after another freon refill the capacitor goes out. What a hunk of junk!! This company's product and their customer service is terrible and we are reporting them to the bbb! We could not be more unsatisfied!!! Do not buy their product or allow your warrant to force you to use their product!! Buyer Beware!

Date created: 2012-06-20 Name: bamedeo
Location: Ohio

"Worst Ever"
The unit is five years old and has broke down eight times. Don't buy one!

Date created: 2012-02-15 Name: Robert B.
Location: Topeka, KS

"2nd Opinions are worth it!!"
I have been a technician for over 25yrs and believe that everyone needs to have a 2nd opinion. We provide a free 2nd opinion on all of our major repairs. I have also found that no brand is immune to having repairs done, whether minor or major. Even in the early years of being installed. We have found that the technicians installing the system has something to do with the systems longevity. We use nitrogen to run through the copper lines when welding to displace the oxygen and not create, for simplier terms, soot inside the lines. Which clog up metering devices and cappilary tubes. There are alot of ways to prevent issues and to many people take short cuts. Alot of the issues I see people writing about are the company's they are dealing with, not being thorough enough and using a company that would not even post there company name on the outside of ther truck. Just to let everyone know the units that you able to chose from at the start of this review are units they had some problems with. The company has listened to us as contractors and made the units quieter and more dependable. This is the type of manufacturer I like to deal with.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: Timothy S. Torrence
Location: Larose, LA

"Central air conditioner unit"
AIRE FLO Compressor went out after a little over 1 year, it was under warranty, but I was still charged $684.61 for shipping, labor and freon. Had to wait 6 days with no a/c in Louisiana for the compressor to get here.