Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read more about United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: scott
Location: indiana

"owned three years and I burn wood and coal"
I purchased this stove used. I heat only with wood 24/7. My home is 2200 square feet and has 50' s Windows. This unit does the job! My temps inside are around 73, warm wood floors and leather furniture, try and get that with natural gas! The furnace is simple in design and really easy to diagnose. I've had zero problems with mine. I use lump coal and this thing pumps out more heat than you would ever need. The twin blowers could be bigger. I installed a larger blower on my unit. Everyone that comes in my home can't believe how warm it is. My furnace room is around 90 degrees in a concrete basement.

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: Justin
Location: Indiana

"us stove 1600 efficiency"
We have owned it for 1 winter and have had to replace the limit control switch 3 times!! If the electricity goes off it will melt the limit control because of the way it sits right next to the firebox:(poor design). All parts on their site is way over priced! Their customer service department is extremely hard to contact by phone. We will sit on hold for up to 15 minutes waiting for a person. And when your limit switch does go out you are without heat and at their mercy because their parts can not be found at a local store. Buy something else and save a headache!

Date created: 2012-11-24 Name: N. Broughton
Location: Bronson KS

"DO NOT BUY US STOVE OUTDOOR FURNACES"
I have a clayton 1600. Its just horrible. It has a limit switch with a plastic casing that sits three inches from the firebox. Every time the power goes out the stove gets hot and it melts down. To make it worse us stove overprices their parts and you cant get them anywhere else. Also its the most inefficient stove I've ever seen. I burned 10 times more wood than my sisters family who have a central boiler. My burn time is only 10 hours compared to their 24. Spend the extra money and get a good quality boiler.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Location: San Antionio TX

"Great size and does the job."
I have owned this for awhile now. It has great efficiency and doesn't take up much room. My house isnt very big so it easily heats it quickly. I am very happy I got this product.

Date created: 2012-07-06 Location: Tampa, FL

"US Stove Company Wood Furnace"
I've owned this furnace for about 6 months now and have been very satisfied with it. I like this model because it is cleaner than previous models that I've owned in that the ash is separate from the rest of the furnace. It is capable of producing a lot of heat which is obviously important. The double air blowers allow for this furnace to provide a lot of air flow and as a result can deliver more heat, faster. My only real complaint is that I don't find it that appealing in terms of aesthetics but I can deal with that considering everything else it offers. I have never had any issues with it and have never had to have it repaired. It's been pretty much ideal! I would absolutely recommend it although it does come at a pretty high price. In my opinion you get what you pay for and in this case it's worth paying more for.

Date created: 2012-05-24 Location: Oswego, NY

"U.S. Stove Company 2000 Wood Stove, Works Great!"
I bought my furnace last October, right before it got cold out. I like that I only have to feed it a few times a day. It has cut my heating bill by 60%, and with the high oil prices I couldn't be more pleased. Like most indoor wood furnaces it can be messy, and I often have to vacuum or sweep at least once a day due to ash and dust. So far (knock on wood) there have been no problems and I have not had to replace it. I would recommend U.S. Stove Company to a friend, and would buy from them again. Definitely a great product, and while I have not used any of U.S. Stove's other products, they seem to be a high quality brand with friendly support staff and great customer service.

Date created: 2012-05-08 Location: Sugar Grove, IL

"US Stove Outdoor Warm Air Furnace"
It was a great idea to get a wood burning furnace to replace natural gas or propane. I have had this model through one winter so far and I am very pleased. I have not had to have any work done to it after the initial installation. I have a three year optional warranty so I do not expect to have any problems with this furnace for many years to come. I love the fact that it is cost effective and also I believe it helps the environment by not burn up any renewable energy sources. I did some homework before buying this model and I am happy with my US Stove purchase. I have been telling people about it all the time. I would definitely recommend this model to anyone with a similar size house as mine and I would recommend the brand to anyone who asks. I would say the only down side is that I have to load it but I don't see it as much of an inconvenience since I believe I'm helping the world every time I do.

Date created: 2012-05-08 Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Shoddy construction makes this a no buy."
I've owned this furnace for a winter now and I am not satisfied with its performance. The build quality is fairly substandard which leads to it being rather inefficient. It did do it's job of heating, but not for very long or very well. After about a month of use I had to keep re-securing the duct hookups which was very annoying. They just wouldn't stay put which lead to heat loss and worried me about fumes getting out and filling up the house. This model can be used with both wood and coal. I only used it for wood but I was still concerned about fumes regardless. The fittings on the unit are kind of cheap and flimsy. The main knob in the front was kind of wobbly and I was always worried that it would fall off. I don't think I'd recommend this brand or model to anyone unfortunately. Maybe their other models are better, but this one was a dud.

Date created: 2012-04-27 Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"My Outdoor Wood Furnace!"
I purchased the outdoor wood furnace a little over a year ago; right before winter time and it turned out to be one of the best investments I have ever made. It turned out to be a really cold couple of months for us and our dog had puppies on the ground. I truly believe the heater saved their lives. Even with everything we did for them, we couldn't be there all the time and there was only so much our mama dog could do to keep them alive in that type of weather. The heater was truley a blessing. We ran it for almost 6 weeks solid, and while the cost of the wood cut into our budget, the furnace itself never faulted. We never had to perform any type of maintenance on it. We simply cleaned it all out in the spring! The only thing I can say I don't care for is the size, but, we can put it in the shed during the summer and pull it out in the winter and still enjoy our patio, so that is really not much to complain about. I suppose it's a little overkill for the size of our home, but that is about how I do everything! I would recommend it to my friends and family, but in the same way I have here. I would tell them about it being overkill and that if they didn't want something this size to maybe go with on a little smaller, but definetly from US Stove!

Date created: 2012-04-27 Location: Richmond, VA

"Worst wood-burning ANYTHING"
We just bought a US Stove 1500 Warm Air Hotblast Furnace for our family's cabin through a local handy-man service. After looking at the prices on Amazon, I realized that we were ripped off! Almost a thousand dollars more than they charge. It wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked well, but it seems to leak air almost constantly. I'm not sure if it was a bad install job or a bad furnace, but I would never buy their product again.