Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-03-24 Name: Cindy
Location: Michigan

"multifuel pellet stove"
Bought stove 12/23/13 and have not been able to use it because always broken. Service is bad, will send parts but when asked for a replacement stove they will not fix now. Breaks down every 3 days, now they refuse to send parts. Rotten service, not happy with company. Recommend not buying US Stove products.

Date created: 2014-03-07 Name: Zachary Kiliszewski
Location: Sand Lake MI

"Frustrated"
I bought this stove on December 16th and it worked well for two weeks.This is the worst American made product that I have ever purchased- 4,200 dollars. I tried for two days to contact customer service and got nowhere.The paint is coming off the door, the agitator motor has been replaced, the agitator itself burned up after a month.The vacuum switch went bad. The place I bought the stove told me to call up and complain, but I can't get ahold of anyone. It's to the point of getting my money back or getting a lawyer.

Date created: 2013-12-03 Name: Jeffrey Gaudette
Location: Onaway, MI

"Ashley/King 5500M Wood Pellet Stove"
Very poor stove. Cheaply made, substandard parts and components. Experienced an unceasing cascade of failures. I have over $461.00 invested in parts. Now, the Pcb igniter board failed requiring another $415.00 to replace it. Avoid US Stove Company's products at all costs!

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: larry stanfield
Location: poland indiana

"Possible Fire Hazard"
This is my 3rd US Stove. Other 2 worked good for years. This new on model 1602R has been in use since last winter and now for a total of about 4 months. It started blowing burnt paper into the house through the ducts. Could have burnt the house down. Came to find out the problem was that during manufacture of the fiberglass insulation around the firebox was installed with paper duct tape on it from probably when it was rolled from factory. US Stove neglected to remove masking tape and it caught on fire inside the stove and burned the insulation sending it into the house when blower was on. Thank god we noticed the burnt paper. Have contacted US Stove with the problem. Hopefully they will assist in getting stove going again and not be a fire hazard. Considering contacting State Fire Marshal to alert consumers of the possible problem.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: Russ Shaber
Location: Denver, CO

"Bad Company"
These guys are bad people and they sell bad products and they do not support their products. The pellet stove that I bought broke down twice in one season. They gave bad advice and got me to buy parts that I didn't need. And they don't carry the parts that I do need. Do not buy from US Stove.

Date created: 2013-10-21 Name: scott
Location: south bend indiana

"Burns hot"
Very good stove. I heat with wood and lump coal. My square footage is 3600 -- the stove is designed for 2200. Average temps indoor are 73-75. Furnace room 95. I burn around 8 cords a year and 3000lbs of coal. That may sound like alot but hard to compete with a $15 gas bill and $30 in coal a month. I installed a bigger blower and use different limit switches to control the blower based on temps and winter storms. For everyone complaining about the limit switches... they cost $6 whole dollars and are available at hvac dealers. I agree with others on here, burning wood is consuming. But saving hundreds a month is worth an hour or two a day. I'll stick to my shorts and tank top in the winter. The complainers can go back to oil, gas, electric. LoL

Date created: 2013-03-21 Name: alisa
Location: new york

6041 pellet stove is a pos ... Nothing but problems with this stove and the company is just as bad as the product .. Never again will a stove made by ussc be in my home ..

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: Sarah Diegel
Location: diegels@michigan.gov

"Blowers Dont Last"
I have bought the 1500 hot blast wood furnace and had it for 4 years. On my 3rd set of blowers, they only have a 1 year warranty and cost $200 to replace each blower. It's pretty sad because they only get used 4 months out of the year.

Date created: 2013-02-10 Name: T. Heim
Location: Ktown, Pa.

"junk"
I bought the model 6041 pellet stove from U.S. Stove Company. I had the stove for 3 weeks and nothing but trouble from day 1. It would burn for good for 2 days then the fire box would be overflowing with hot pellets. The last straw was when the auger kept jamming on the pellet feed to the point we could not keep the stove running anymore. Countless hours trying to work with the stove and make it operate correctly. The customer service is a joke they do not help at all. A 3 week old stove and they want you to try and repair it yourself. After sitting 3 days with no heat in this part of our home and no help from U.S. Stove Company I finally took the stove back where I got it for a full refund. Thank god those people were better than U.S. Stove. I would never buy another product from this company. I understand problems or defects can arise with these stoves but you need to stand behind what you sell. All my neighbors have Harman stoves and love them. Good stoves good service. Too bad I tried to save a couple dollars lesson learned.

Date created: 2013-02-06 Name: Mark
Location: Craftsbury, Vermont

"US Stove model 30 A wood/coal furnace"
This my 3rd heating season with the 30a and it continues to perform flawlessly. I installed it myself as a standalone wood heater in my 2500 sq, foot northern Vermont home. The winters up here are long and cold, but this furnace is the most efficient and economical wood burner I've ever owned in 62 years of wood heating. I've read the negative reviews and believe most issues people have with these furnaces are based in the fact that they don't really know what they’re doing. You have to use dry wood; mine is seasoned 2 years and you have to have a proper cold air return to the furnace to circulate heated air. Use this heater as directed; it cannot think for you. Burning wood is more complicated than throwing wood into a flaming fire box. I would definitely buy this product again.