Consumer Reviews of Shaver wood furnaces

#27  of 28 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Shaver wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-09-13 Name: Steve W.
Location: Marion, NY

"IT JUST KEEPS ON WORKING !"
I have use my Shaver wood furnace for 3 seasons now and it has performed faultlessly. I use this furnace to heat my 1500+ sq ft ranch in upstate New York and never worry about the cold and get unlimited domestic hot water during the heating season as well. I have to load the furnace only 2x a day just as advertized. Installation was easy and straight forward and maintanance is a snap. These units are not fancy and don't have a lot of bells and whistles but that's why they keep on working.

Date created: 2012-08-12 Location: cape girardeau, mo

"Shaver, Best Outdoor Wood Burning Furnace"
I've had my furnace for almost a year now. I love that when using it I can feel secure in the fact that it will always work. It heats my jacuzzi at my cabin like a champ. The only thing I dislike is the fact that it isn't very attractive, and it sticks out because it is green in color. I definitely reccomend the Shaver brand of outdoor wood burning furnaces to anyone who is looking to buy. If in the future ours needs to be replaced, Shaver will be our go to guys!

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"My Wood Furnace is Impeccable!"
I've owned my wood furnace for about one year. I like that it has proved to be very durable. I dislike though that sometimes it messes up when it raines. Not too bad though. I haven't had to replace it yet. Hopefully I won't have to. I would definitely recommend my furnace to my friends. In fact, my buddy just moved into a new house and he asked me what kind of wood furnace he should purchase. I told him to get the wood furnace I had because it was very durable and user friendly. He ended up getting another one, and now it is very clear to both of us that my wood furnace is quite a bit better than his.

Date created: 2012-02-21 Name: Ruth
Location: Asheville, NC

"Shaver Pro Series 250"
I have owned a 250 model for one year now. It has been nothing short of excellent! My furnace is slightly oversized for my home (recommended) and so I only load it once a day and it keeps my home toasty warm. I use radiant heat, to heat my home. I have the water temperature set at only 90! This means that the furnace is very efficient; not heating up a lot of hot water and having to keep it hot 24 hours a day. One of the best things is that I only have to clean the ashes out every two weeks at the most. There is also extremely little ash that you to clean out. I can do so without opening the firebox door, which is a lot safer than other models. Most other manufacturers claim that I could open their firebox door and push the burning wood aside, HA! I would like to see them do that! My firebox is so hot that I cannot go anywhere near there without getting burned, let alone clean out the ashes. I like the fact that of I need a part, I can get it at my local Granger store or plumbing supply. I installed the furnace myself and it was a piece of cake. I had it heating my home the same day. There are manual is very comprehensive and even a novice can do it, using your handy dandy Pex pipe fittings that you push on by hand. The price was much lower than competitors and they even have an on-site warranty. A lot of other companies want you to ship the furnace back to them to be repaired! Can you believe that?

Date created: 2011-11-29 Location: Englewood, Fl

"Try the Thermowind 1000 for a great outdoor wood burning furnace!"
Our family purchased a Shaver Thermowind 1000 Forced Air Wood Furnace about one year ago. I have asthma and was finding the use of a traditional, indoor wood stove to be unbearable. Before we owned an outdoor wood furnace, our house always smelled like the wood stove. Plus, we spent a lot of time carrying and loading messy wood into our house. No longer! Now, with our new Thermowind 1000 all of the mess, smoke and smell is outside where it belongs! So far, the unit has worked flawlessly, once we had it all up and running. Install was pretty easy too due to the unique forced-air system and the people at Shaver were great to work with. They offer a 20 year parts and labor warranty that seems to be one of the best in the business, based on our research. I have already recommended this brand and model to several friends and do so with confidence that they will enjoy it as much as our family has.