Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-03-14 Name: MIKE FALEY
Location: YORK , PA

"RETIRED"
Stove is junk. The seal melts off the stove every week and has to re-sealed to keep water off wiring. Fan quit and I had to buy a new one. Company cannot be reached even though it carries a one year warranty. Been a year and I still can not get my money for the fan. Has no customer relation at all all they do is tell untruths. Once they get your money they run and you never hear from them again. I agree with Dolores Nedrow stay away from this company -- bad news. I can list many more problems if you need to know more call me.

Date created: 2014-01-25 Name: B Chidsey
Location: Medina OH

"well made boiler"
This is a well built boiler that will last for many years. My criteria for purchasing was: will it last for a long time and is it easy to repair. This fit my need. I had a start up issue and the owner was very helpful. He even gave me his cell phone # in case I had problems over the weekend. I do use more wood than with a woodburner in the house however with the one in the house, I still needed my furnace. This boiler easily heats my house at -15 and heats my hot water. The furnace and water heater do not come on once I start the boiler.

Date created: 2014-01-21 Name: John

"They will not stand behind their product"
Have had the ncb 80 for eight months. It heats well and is really easy on wood. The Laminated Solenoid went out and they would not stand behind their one year electrical warranty. So, if you go with one of their boilers, plan on it being yours just as if you fabricated it yourself. You will be responsible for any parts that go out. Just a heads up. Heating 1500sq plus dhw.

Date created: 2014-01-18 Name: A. Baldoni
Location: Newville, PA

"NCB-175"
I have been using this stove for 3+ years and have had only 1 issue. I had to replace a circulator pump. I heat 3500 sq' and domestic hot water. The stove has been operating constantly year round 24x7. Burn times average 16-18 hours during heating season and 24+ hours during the summer when only making hot water. Wood use is approximately 10 cords per year. This was a great investment for me.

Date created: 2014-01-10 Name: J Nordan
Location: Pa

"Terrible"
Bought the 175 model with shaker grates. Works good when the weather is 25 degrees or higher. I get a longer burn time with coal but it smokes terrible. Filled full of wood I can get maybe 9 hours on a good day, still burning but the temperature will be way low, really this thing Needs fixed every 6-7 hours to keep water above 150. I've tried everything and there is no way to keep a huge amount of sparks and flames from coming out the chimney, and I have 12 ft stack on top of the boiler! I've adjusted the air 100 times, spark arrestir, even called the dealer ( he said this is normal!). I can't believe I haven't burned my adjacent barn down or started a forest fire with this thing! If I turn the air down to where rhere is no sparks or flames out of the chimney, I cant get the temperature hot at all. Terrible design, very unsafe, firebox toooo small, blower too loud, very inefficient. Everyone I know has outdoor boilers and natures comfort is by far the worst one I've seen.

Date created: 2013-12-30 Name: Mike Johnson
Location: Connellsville,Pa.

"Water capacity can't be right"
I purchased a Nature's Comfort 175 recently. I'm guessing the 175 means gallons. I ran the water hook up directly to the furnace by using 1/2 inch tubing (water line) hooked into the one inch pex return line. The whole boiler tank was filled in less than 5 minutes, if 175 means gallons that's like over 3 -55 gallon drums,there is no way could this could have been filled this quick.I've been having problems keeping the water temperature over 135 degrees. I sure wish how I could find out how much water it actually holds. I called the company but they gave me no answers.

Date created: 2013-12-11 Name: L Morse
Location: Mauston, WI

"Biggest mistake ever"
I agree with other reviews, we have had our wood boiler for 3 winters now. It was never installed correctly by the dealer the first year. Already burned the pipe out of the stove after one winter. No temperature gauge on our model. Goes through 3 times more wood that our neighbors competing brand. The furnace never quits drafting air and burns out in 6 hours. We can fill it before we go to work and expect it to stay lit all day. I would never recommend this brand of product for anyone. I am ready to throw it away and buy another brand or go back to lp heat.

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: D Knecht
Location: Southern Missouri

"Better Off Heating With A Match Stick! Avoid or It Will Cost You!"
Wanted a WoodMaster but they were 6 months out of production. Settled for the NC-250 because they are very good at selling. Saying that the flue starts just above the floor of the stove, so the heat at the top doesn't get sucked out. From the front this appears to be true, but the back of the flue pipe is cut out to be about half way up to the top of the boiler chamber! Total lies!!! Gone through 3 floats that keep failing, uses wood like no other!!! 10 chords a year for a 1200 sq ft house with r-30 in the ceiling and R-27 in 12" walls! Really??? In Southern Missouri!

Date created: 2013-02-17 Name: Dolores Nedrow
Location: Jones Mills, PA

"Bad investment, Horrible Customer Service"
Had the nc 325g installed in May of 2011. It has been a nightmare ever since! The owner, Dave, size our unit over the phone with his salesman who was here and swore that the 325 would take care of the house, the work garage, the small workshop garage, and heat the water in the house, and that we would have a 24 to 36 hour burn time. Not true! We requested a 500 gallon boiler, Dave swore the 325 unit was oversized and it would work fine. It doesn't and Dave could care less! We have have children in this house including a 2 year old grandbaby. Dave came out and inspected our install and said that it was good. We also had a central boiler installer come out to inspect it and he told us we had a good install and that he felt that the boiler was too small. Because nature’s comfort has refused to help us with any of these issues, we had Central boiler come out to help us. After paying Central Boiler, and investing another 3000.00 in the system, it works better, but the burn times range from 5 to 8 hours. It is supposed to have warranty but Dave won’t call you back! We had to add a pump and use the hot water tank as reservoir because we ran out of hot water (not even enough to bathe a toddler in) any time we used it. We had to disconnect the small garage and start using coal in it. The burn time is only 5 hours compared to the 24 to 36 we were promised. We had to replace all 3 pumps, (house pump, garage supply pump, and the floor heat circulating pump for the garage) We have been calling Dave ("the owner") for months and he says that he will call you back and never calls us back. All he cares about is getting paid, once he gets his money, he doesn't care if your system works right or not. We had to take out a home equity loan for this. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

Date created: 2013-01-16 Name: Jared
Location: Ashtabula, ohio

"The flame goes right up the chimney"
2007Ncb the flame goes right up the chimney. My modifications extended half pipe down chimney change to a flapper on the blower next I am going to build a grate too big of gaps for the ashes to fall down. Also the door handle does not have the new saftey latch. Lot of work I am just recommend a heatmor or a central boiler