Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Empyre wood furnaces

#7  of 28 brands of wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-05-17 Location: Detroit, Mi

"Empyre Pro Series 400 review"
We have had the wood furnace for a couple of years now. The top reasons that I like it are the long burn times between loads, the ease of cleaning out ash, the fact of putting in full sized logs and limbs. It also puts out enough BTUs to the point that I need not add any other heating elements to my house. I am happy this is a fairly green product with the efficiency rating on the unit is 90%, but compared to the cost of fuel oil, the price at 11,500 is a little steep for most, but with the rising cost of fuel, I feel I made the right decision. One that I will be recommending to a couple of my friends when they come up for skiing this winter. I also am happy that the Pro Series 400 came with a pretty decent industry standard 10 year limited warranty. In the future, I will purchase this brand and model again.

Date created: 2012-04-10 Location: Berwick, ME

"Excellent choice for me since it will save me money."
I have owned my Empyre through this past winter and it had no problem heating my 2 floor house, including the basement. It heats up the whole place quickly but if I want to cool things off it seems to take a bit to lower the temp. I have only had it this past winter season (about 6 months total now) but I have had no problems with it up to this point. I have looked at reviews and it looks like people were right about the Empyre line and I would probably buy it again, might go with one a little less powerful though. I am sure this is going to save me a great chunk of money from the oil I was burning through before to heat my house since I have access to TONS of cord wood. I plan on getting another furnace from the Empyre line this summer for my parents house as a nice early Christmas gift. Will come in handy for them since we are in Maine and I am sure we are not going to luck out again next year with another light winter!