Consumer Reviews of Earth wood furnaces

#22  of 28 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Earth wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: bill burress
Location: Granby, Missouri

"Pump problems"
Have had my Earth for 3 years. Satisfied when it works. Have replaced pump 4 times. Have found that my manual is not the one for the furnace. Based on the diagram photos, it shows supply out the back of furnace. Mine goes over the top into the tank. In very cold weather, the water boils out. Have to refill tank 2 to 3 times a day. Like I say, it heats good when you can keep water in and pump works. Bought last pump in December 2013; by March 2014, it needed replacing. And looking for old-style B&G pump that is not a ceramic shaft.

Date created: 2014-03-10 Name: Marvin Baker
Location: english, In 47118

"Mountain Man 505"
Had stove for one year it works great. Had a small problem in first month with forced air door sticking. Called factory they told me they knew about it and the fix was $0.03. Has worked great every since. Would recommend to anyone.

Date created: 2013-12-14 Name: Daniel Payne
Location: Middlebrook Va

"Never Buy an Earth"
I have had this unit for 3 years now with no help from the factory or the sales man that told me the stove would heat up to 5000 sq ft but it can't even heat 1500. I had to install a pellet stove to heat my downstairs, then let the stove heat the upstairs. Still will not do it. The factory says I'm not burning dry wood, but all I burn is oak, hickory, and locust that has sat till the bark falls off then its cut split and stacked till burn season starts. If you do get an Earth stove be ready to have a chair out by the door where you can load it all night and day just to keep it at 160 can't even get to the 180 the factory says to run it at

Date created: 2013-11-25 Name: Sam Lawrence
Location: Chatham, VA

"Woodsman 405"
I bought my stove in 2010. This is the fourth season of heating with it. It is a very simple yet strong design. I have friends with Hardy, Taylor, and free heat machines that are much more expensive. This unit performs just as well as those others which are twice the money. All of them create excessive smoke, so consider that if close to neighbors. The heat is amazing compared to the two heat pumps it replaces (no comparison). I load the stove once a day when mild winter and twice when it's cold, as you know what all day and night. The other brand users do the same. That is a wheel barrow per loading. Also, the whole family can shower while running the dish washer and wash clothes if you want! The more water used the hotter it gets. Everyone is amazed by the size of wood that the stove will accept. I noticed some smoke coming from the siding on the front. When I called Earth the guy said, find the crack if there is one and he would pay for local certified welder without any hassle. That seems fair enough for me. Will let ya know if that's not the case, but I feel like they are good for their word. Four years in, I would buy another Earth furnace.

Date created: 2013-01-09 Name: Donnie hayes

"365 rancher"
I bought a rancher 365 -- no one else had one around me. What I liked about them is that they offer the biggest door of all and a half-inch thick firebox. I fill it up once a day, and empty the ashes about every ten days. For the cost it's one of the cheapest priced wood boilers out there. They have put some good craftsmanship in their stoves. I have showed mine to several people that are now "Earth" people and they are satisfied.

Date created: 2012-11-23 Name: John Smith
Location: Verona, Virginia

"Dont Buy a Earth Furnace"
I have a 1000 square foot house and this furnace will not keep the house warmer then 60 degrees. I also have to fill it 4 times a day with seasoned oak firewood.The Earth salesman told me I would only have to fill it ounce a day.I Also noticed the fire went out constantly when set at the factory at 180 degrees.

Date created: 2012-05-08 Location: Natick, MA

"Earth Rancher Series Outdoor Wood Furnace is Great"
Despite the $4,000 price tag, Earth's Rancher 365 Series outdoor wood furnace has proved to be amazing. In addition, I also purchased a copper coil included in the system to heat my hot water. I have only had the furnace about three months, but I have had no problems. The furnace heats my average size home and hot water just as good as any natural gas or electric furnaces I have used in the past. It is a large unit, so you definitely need the adequate space for it. Overall, it feels great to use wood rather than gas or oil. I would definitely recommend this to my friends, and already have. This product makes me feel like I am contributing my part to a cleaner planet. Furthermore their design options are wide. I chose a log cabin design. The only drawback is the price, however overtime, this furnace will pay for itself.

Date created: 2011-12-18 Location: Willow, AK

"Bear Cub 305 FA - Dependable and a Great Value"
I've owned my Bear Cub model for almost a year now. It is the perfect size for my small Alaskan cabin. I can activate the burn from a control switch in my house, the little furnace can generate as much heat as I need from it at the push of a button. It is super insulated and very efficient. Also, my wife wanted something that would match the cabin so the sides of the furnace have the appearance of log cabin, just like our actual cabin! She thinks it looks cute, and I don't mind myself. The only problem I've found with this model is that it seems to take abnormally long to generate sufficient heat when we empty it out and start from scratch. We have had it for 10 months and we have never had it repaired or worked on. So far, dependable and easy to maintain. I would certainly buy the same brand again. Earth Wood Furnaces did a great job with this product. I actually did recommend Earth to my brother in law, who has a larger home so he bough a larger model, but he was just as satisfied with the product. Overal, it is a big upfront cost, but one that is certainly worth it over time.