Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Jim Strandlund
Location: Minnesota

"Best Outdoor Stoves and Company!!"
They have by far the best outdoor wood stoves/boilers I have ever seen. The company personnel are very helpful and knowledgeable about the industry. Their EPA-qualified stove the RS7400 has saved me at least 50% less wood than the old Taylor stove I had before!

Date created: 2014-05-27 Name: Lynn Haines
Location: Jersey Shore PA.

"Water leaks from inside out"
Had this stove installed in the fall of 2010 and always filled it with water from day one. It had leaks inside of fire box and three other leaks on outside of water jacket from bad welds. It was sent back to Greentech for repair. They patched it up and still charged me around $800.00. Now, two years later I have six more leaks on outside of water jackets where it is leaking from the inside out. The water sample were all ok and done on time. The whole stove is built with bad steel that has a lot of thin spots and pin holes. This stove need to be replaced under full warranty to be right. I filed a clam for warranty work on 4/17/2014 and have not heard a thing .

Date created: 2014-05-19 Name: M.H.
Location: Ohio

"Not Happy Customers!"
Unfortunately I cannot give a positive review for this company or the stove. From the very beginning the order was wrong, the delivery was way off (which cost us a lot of money for the company's mistake). Then the owner and his father who run Crown Royal didn't stand behind their word on the product, warranty, nor did they refund us for extra parts we did not order but they sent us etc. There is zero integrity with this company and those who run it, very unprofessional. Then they make you get the water tested every year for the warranty and "lose" the results at your expense. I have spent 6 months asking for them to send us our results and we still have yet to get them. This is their way of not having to warrant their stoves. I could honestly go on and on with details of what a terrible experience this was. Lets just say this- if you are going to spend the money on a good outdoor boiler please don't make the same mistake we did- go with a reputable company who has integrity and a good product. We spent over $15k on this 'project' in total and are highly disappointed to say the least.

Date created: 2014-02-03 Name: Jessica Holmestad
Location: International Falls, MN

"Bad Reviews"
I am writing as the manufacture of the Crown Royal Stoves. I am reading the bad reviews for Crown Royal Stoves and want to say the warranty process is not how these bad reviewers explained. There is a 20 year limited warranty that comes with every Crown Royal Stove purchased. In order to maintain this warranty you must test your furnace's water yearly. The testing, the bottles and labels are mailed to you free of charge. We have lots of customers that test their water yearly with no problems. If you need references or have questions about the warranty on these stoves please call 866-361-7355.

Date created: 2014-01-23 Name: Thomas J Havlicek
Location: Minong Wisconsin

"I've tried the rest NOW I have the Best!!!"
Regardless of what other stoves claim I know for a fact that the Crown Royal Outdoor Wood Stove uses less wood to heat my home and work shop than other stoves do. I have had other stoves in the past years and have seen first hand what other brands of stoves heating almost the exact same square footage that I heat burn. We are in one if the coldest winters on record and yet my 12 cord pile is hardly dented and it is January twenty third!!I Think you would have to kill me to get my Crown Royal Stove away from me!!!!! The staff at Int'l Falls is so helpful in answering any questions that come up. I recommend this stove to everyone and that's no brag, just fact!

Date created: 2013-12-27 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Very Discouraged"
Purchased stove in 2006, workmanship was the cause of first leak in 2009. Trying to have company pay for warranty costs took several months and legal council. This year developed another workmanship leak and going through same ordeal with company. This company stands way, way behind their product, customer service and warranty claims.

Date created: 2013-12-19 Name: H. Phillips
Location: Cadillac, MI

"Awesome Unit"
I bought this unit approximately 2.5 years ago. I have owned several other brands before and nothing compares to this stove to date. It has saved me thousands of dollars in heating bills. It is easy to run and maintain and I received excellent service from my dealer and the manufacturer. You have to use their chemical in order to get warranty, but I haven't had a problem. I am assuming the bad reviews on this stove are because of not using chemical and testing the water. All is I have to say this is the best stove I have ever used. Don't read the reviews. Give it a try! You will not regret it!!

Date created: 2013-12-19 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Crown Royal leak and warranty issues"
Owned Crown Royal Stove since 2006, first leak developed in 2009. Trying to work with company on warranty was like getting a root canal and enema at the same time..they get you from both ends. The leak was due to poor workmanship per the repair man (which I had to do all the leg work on the warranty). This year I'm going through the same thing. If money is not an issue for you, fix the leaks yourself and forgo the warranty as they don't stand behind it. If you have months to work warranty issues with the company, please buy a Crown Royal stove or better yet..I'll have one to sell you.

Date created: 2013-12-11 Name: Paul
Location: Alaska

"Crown Royal Stove"
I have had a Crown Royal Stove for 7 years, it is a rs7400. The stove has paid for itself in the first 4 years and has now saved me thousands of dollars. I have had to replace one blower, my dealer has always been very helpful and stocks all parts for the stoves. My son just installed his rs7300 Crown Royal this year and also loves it. I would highly recommend this stove!

Date created: 2013-10-24 Name: R. Noll
Location: Lakewood, Pa.

"Purchased in Fall of 2008"
Purchased in fall of 2008. Uses wood as fast as you can cut it. Wiring and solenoid caught on fire last year. At the end of last year and now this year, the boiler has developed multiple leaks. Called to factory, was told caused by bad welds. Installation and service by dealer very unsatisfactory.