Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Great Water Heater!"
Our water heater went out, and we had no other option than to go with Lowes for this emergency purchase. I bought it about 9 weeks ago. Not that we don't like Lowes, we love Lowes, but I was really scared of this water heater after reading all the bad reviews, We have a big house with four people, and my well is located a very long way from my house. So, our water pressure has never been amazing. However, we didn't have a choice. It was this one or no hot water. We bit the bullet, installed it, and low and behold, hot water and no drop in water pressure! I was so amazed that it worked with no problems, I had to get on here and tell others that if you're stuck like we were, it worked for us. It was a simple switch out for the install, and my husband didn't make any changes except to turn up both thermostats to where we like it, before turning on the power. The only thing I don't like is, with our hard water, we need a self cleaning model to help the water heater last longer, but due to time and money issues, we couln't afford one right now. That's not a problem for the water heater or Lowes though.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: McGrath, AK

"Review of Whirlpool Hotwater Heater"
I have owned my Whirlpool Hotwater Heater since last fall. I like it because the water in our house is always hot and we never run out of hotwater. It is perfect for the size of our family. I dislike that the hotwater heater is so large and takes up so much space in our tiny bathroom, but considering what it does it is worth it. I have never had to repair or replace it. I would definately purchase the same brand again in the future and recommend it to others.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Whirlpool Hot Water Heater; Works Like It Should"
I have owned my Whirlpool 50 gallon electric hot water heater for a little over a year. It is an affordable model and was easy to install as we were able to do it ourselves. The water heats up quicker than what we were used to (granted, our old hot water heater was over 10 years old) and we find that we have just the right amount of hot water for a family of three. However, you may not want to take showers back to back or shower right after running the dishwasher because you may run out of hot water. The only thing that could be better is the energy efficiency. While it is better than our older model, it is not as good as some of the more expensive models. Overall, we have had no problems and the hot water heater works just as it should. We are very much satisfied with our purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable model.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Welsh, louisiana

"How much I like my water heater."
I have owned my Whirpool water heater for 3 years now and I am somewhat satisfied with it. I would be very satisfied with it if I would not have ran into the minor that it has caused me. This heater came with an energy board that is supposed to help with your electrical bill. It does this by heating the water at certain times of the day when the hot water is needed the most which in my house in mainly in the afternoons. After about 1 year of owning this water heater the board went out and I had to re-wire it and by pass the board in order to get the hot water to work. I ordered a new board and it took 2 months for it to arrive. Once replacing the old board with the new one it had went out again. Finally I got another one under warranty and have not had a problem with it since. If I had to replace the water heater due to the elements going out in it or it rusting out I would definitely go back with the same make and model. After installing the new board I have noticed a drop in my electric bill. I would recommend this to anyone who is going to purchase a new hot water heater. I did fill out a survey and gave them a great review.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Atlanta, GA

"My Whirlpool 6th Sense Water Heater is Pretty Good"
I had my Whirlpool 6th Sense Technology water heater installed in my house about a year after I moved in. So, it's been about 6 years. I've never had a problem with it. Thankfully, I've never had one of those nightmare scenarios where your water heater breaks and floods the house. Water heats up pretty quick. It's pretty easy to see where to adjust the temperature. Directions on how to adjust the pilot light for going on an extended vacation were stuck right to the side of it. I was pretty nervous about doing that, but I followed the direction there to turn it down and then turn it back up when I got back from Switzerland and everything went smoothly. No worries. Mine is white. I wish I could have gotten the super high tech looking frosty silver ones, but that's not what was on sale when I got mine at Lowes. Eh. What are ya gonna do? As long as I can take a hot shower, I'm good. This one gives me a nice long hot shower with no worries.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Norman, OK

"Warm Water All the Time"
I got this water heater installed a few years ago by installation professionals and have been very satisfied with this tank and have had nothing but good luck with it. I have been able to keep a constant supply of hot water for my family and myself. I have two kids and a wife so that is a good amount of hot water being used as well as when we do dishes, and laundry. The tank is a forty gallon tank and it has continued to supply us with hot water anytime that we need it and we do not have to wait a long time for it either. IT simply needs to clear the pipes of the cold water and we have hot water coming out of the faucet. I would recommend this heater to anyone. It has a twelve year warranty on it and has lasted us so far with no problem so I am pleased and when it finally goes out, if ever I will buy a similar model from whirlpool.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Ormond Beach,Florida

"my summary of a whirlpool water heater"
I have owned the water heater for 5 years and have been overall satisifed with the performance. There are however drawbacks to this unit. When we had to replace the popoff valve after only a year of use for a leaking seal. The repair went ok, but the corosion on the unit itself was pretty bad. The other drawback is that it uses a lot of power even though it says it is a energy efficent item. We have even considered a timer switch to regulate the hours it is on. The overall performance is satisfactory with the temperture of the water exiting the heater to be even and not scalding ( the temp setting is very easy to get to and can be set with a small flat screwdriver). I would recomend this unit to friend but would recommend a timer. As I would buy this unit agian and install the timer device.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Paden, MS

"Not bad, but a bit finicky"
This water heater was installed in our cabin about a year before we moved in. It's a fairly small house, so the size of the water heater was appropriate for the venue, which we really appreciated. The heater does get the job done...sort of. The first few times we tried to take baths, we nearly died. This heater just did not seem to have the oomph to fill our tub up with hot water. But then my husband went ahead and adjusted the temperature and things got a bit better. However, we've had to turn the temperature WAY above average to get an entire tub of hot water- other wise, it just puts out about half a tub before turning ice cold. The heater does have a lot of things going for it. It's quiet for one- we never hear it catching on and off during the day or night. The water is always warm for the sink, and if we don't fill the bathtub all the way the water is nice and warm. Overall, a good heater.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Tooele, UT

"The Efficiency is High With a Wirlpool Water Heater"
We replaced our old water heater two years ago after it rusted away and broke down. After looking into the various models, we decided to buy a Whirlpool High Efficiency model. We were pleased with the 50 gallon capacity and the fact that it is a self-cleaning unit. The warranty is for 12 years and it uses natural gas. It's very pretty to look at, but the thing we noticed (and this is the only thing we don't like about it) is that it is very noisy when it runs. Fortunately, it's in the basement and we're on the main floor. Other than the noise issue, we haven't had any problems with it such as running out of hot water after running the dishwasher and then going right into the shower. I would definitely recommend this brand to my family, friends, or anyone else who was thinking about getting a new water heater, but I would definitely mention the noise it makes.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: Lena, Louisiana

"My water heater works great!"
I am very pleased with my Whirlpool water heater. I have had other brands that did not last very long, some not even a year. I have owned this water heater for two years. We use a lot of hot water in our home, and it is nice to know that the water heater can keep up with the need. I can say that I can count on warm water when I need it. As for cons, I cannot really think of anything that I dislike about it. I had many problems with past brands, but not this one. It is solid and dependable, and it has never failed us in any way. I f you want something you can rely on, this is it. I would recommend this brand and model to anyone who uses or that is interested in converting over to an electric water heater. It is efficient and hard working. I would give it five stars.