Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2012-04-02 Location: Clio, MI

"Gas Water Heater from Lowes"
We just bought this WhirlPool gas heater as our old Electric Whirlpool started messing up. I like this one better as it is gas and not electric. Also, it isnt messing up like the old one!! So far everything seems good and they installed it for us and took the old one. Very satisfied as of right now. Time will tell though. Was told it uses less gas and should show a difference in our consumers bill from our old electric.

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Muskogee, Ok.

"Our Whirlpool Water Heater"
We purchased our Whirlpool Electric Water Heater in 2005. It was a significant improvement over our previous water heater, which struggled to provide enough hot water for us, even though there are only two in the house. The new water heater was straightforward to install and there are controls on the top including a series of lights that allow easy diagnosis of a variety of problems. Temperature setup is also very easy and consistent; there are also vacation and energy performance settings on the unit. Unfortunately, we had a number of problems with the control board. It required constant resetting or the unit would not fire properly and keep water temperature, and initially gave us element errors. We ended up replacing elements before diagnosing the problem as the control board. Whirlpool provided the elements and the board at no charge but it was a tedious and prolonged process. The new board has been installed for more than three years now and the unit runs significantly more efficiently, and keeps plenty of hot water available for us to use. I would recommend a Whirlpool Electric Water Heater, though I would warn people that my experience with Whirlpool's troubleshooting team was less than stellar.

Date created: 2012-03-06 Location: Bethelhem PA

"Whirpool Hot Water Heater"
This is a Whirpool 6th sense 50 gallon tall gas water heater. We are limited in which water heaters we can get because we have gas. This one is top of the line. It is very easy to install but make sure you buy the kit that goes with it for installation. It will definitely make your life easier. It has multiple temperature settings and it also has a vacation setting which is a big money saver! Who would want to be able to save money while on vacation! Good value for the money. It also has a very fast recovery. Meaning that when you use a lot of water and you are waiting for it to refill and reheat it doesn't take much time at all! I would definitely recommend this Whirlpool 6th Sense 50 Gallon water heater in a heart beat!

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Review of Whirlpool Water Heater"
We have owned this Whirlpool water heater for one year, and we are very satisfied with its performance, and since it is a gas water heater, we are able to save money on our electric bill. We especially like the fact that we have not had to relight the heater since we had it installed. There is not much to complain about with our Whirlpool water heater, except that we probably could have used one with a larger capacity since we have a large family. Whirlpool offers a larger capacity water heater, but it would not fit in the space we had. This heater was a replacement for the same model that was malfunctioning. The first one was around five years old, and Whirlpool replaced it with no hassle. We were thankful since we felt that the water heater should not have begun to malfunction. We would definitely purchase this heater again and recommend it to our friends and family.

Date created: 2012-01-11 Location: Houston, TX

"Water Heater - Energy Efficient"
I am very satisfied with my Whirlpool water heater. I have this water heater running now for four years, it has been very reliable. Always hot water when need it. The heater is power by natural gas and contrary to some belief it is very fuel efficient and silent. The gas bill for the Heater never exceeds a small $15 a month. Also, in particular I like the auto-ignition mechanism, the pilot and the light indicator that gives function/trouble codes. It is very easy to operate and to hook up. Once it is running, you don't need to touch it anymore. It works like a charm. Obviously, it is a good idea to do a yearly maintenance or to get a professional to check it for you on a yearly basis. I would definitely recommend Whirlpool gas heater to a friend because of its unique features, its price and its reliability.

Date created: 2011-12-09 Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"We LOVE our new Whirlpool water heater"
We have owned this water heater about 4 months now and absolutly love it. We love how much longer the water stays hot now and how easy it was to set up. I also loved how it came with the tray so if it did leak (which it hasn't) it will stray in the drip dray. There really is not anything that i dislike about it, it was cheap and a way better upgrade of what we had. We have not had to replace anything on the water heater as of yet. I would definiatly recommend this water heater.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Location: Fairborn, OH

"Water Heater Review"
We have owned our water heater for approximately eight years. It gets the job done, but it could stand to be more efficient. We need either a tankless water heater or a higher capacity. We run out of hot water after about 10-15 minutes.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Humble, TX

"Energy-Efficient 50 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater"
I have owned this water heater going on two years now. I purchased it at a local sears about a month or so after I moved into my new house to replace the water heater there. I've never had any problems with it, never had to have anything repaired on it, or replace it. Everything about it has worked great! I like the fact that it has such a large gallon capacity, it has a 12 year tank and parts warranty, and that it is self-cleaning. The only con to this water heater is that it does use a little more energy than I would like it to. I would definitely buy again, and I would highly recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2011-06-08 Location: Columbia, TN

"Satisfactory but nothing special"
I bought my current hot water heater, a whirlpool 50 gallon 6th sense, approximately 5 years ago when my older water heater stopped working. Compared to my older hot water heater, the Whirlpool works quite well. The water heats up quickly and even when a number of people repeatedly shower, the water heater keeps up and nobody winds up using cold water. I do not recall how much it cost when I bought it new, but I remember thinking it was neither the most expensive nor the least expensive. Overall I would say that I got what I paid for; I am not blown away by my water heater, but it performs well and I have no real complaints about it, and it was a reasonable price. If it continues to run for several more years without incident I would definitely consider the brand and model again when the time comes to replace it. I do not brag on my water heater, but if asked I would probably recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Review of Whirlpool 80 gallon electric water heater."
I have owned my Whirlpool water heater for about 3 years, after purchasing this newer electric model to replace and older Maytag brand one. While this heater is indeed a sufficient unit, it does not seem to differ much from my previous one, and also is seemingly more expensive. While the heater always has more than enough water in the tank and is speedy to refill itself with hot water, it has broken twice so far and the repairs were in no way cheap. The first time it broke was around 6 months after I purchased it. It apparently had developed a faulty motor, which was causing fluctuations in the temperature of water being produced by the heater. This fix cost around 300 hundred dollars. The second break down was about a year ago, 2 years after its purchase. Again it was a problem with the motor, this time it broke down altogether and required a 500 dollar fix. Since then there seems to be no problems to name and the heater is once again running efficiently. I would recommend this heater if it wasn't for the breakdowns, but would probably try and choose a more reliable model.