Consumer Reviews of U.S. CRAFTMASTER water heaters

Date created: 2014-01-11 Name: Bailey Dees
Location: Chickasha okla

"gas hot water heater"
Has not worked right from the first day. I contacted the company -- all I got was 3 weeks of the run around. After 3 weeks I gave up and went and bought a different brand. It works great!!

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: roseann g.
Location: niagara falls, ny

"Garbage"
We purchased a 40-gal. gas hot water heater, U.S. Craftmaster 3 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. After 4 repairs, now it appears that the gas valve needs to be replaced along with igniter switch. We called the company again for the fourth time since we have owned this tank, and they sent us a gas valve and an igniter switch. The igniter switch came with no wire attached. I have called local plumbers to have these parts installed and one plumber told me he wouldn't even come out since the tank is terrible.

Date created: 2013-07-31 Name: R. Smith
Location: Eaton Rapids, MI

"Rotten Egg Smell"
I purchased an 80 gallon electric water heater from American Water Heater in April 2013. Within a month, my hot water started smelling like rotten eggs. When I called, their service rep explained about the incompatibility of soft water and the anode rod. I purchased a replacement anode rod and installed it in June 2013. In July, my hot water again began to smell like rotten eggs. In my subsequent call to American Water Heater, the service rep again said the problem is with my softened water. He could provide no answers other than using chlorine bleach and draining the system each time the water started to smell. The water heater does a great job of heating my water, but the smell is almost unbearable to use. I am not happy that I have this problem. I thought I had done my research well, I didn't realize this problem would occur.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Location: reynoldsburg oh

"My Water Heater"
I have owned the water heater for about three years, and have not had any problems with the unit at all. I have been very happy with everything about the unit -- the water is always hot and never runs out on me or anyone else in my home. I don't have any dislikes about the unit because I have never had any problums with it. I have never had to replace anything on the unit. I would buy a US CraftMaster again if this one ever went out. Overall I would say that it's a great water heater that I would recommend to any and everyone -- they make a great product and its a good bang for your buck. It comes with a great warranty and is a quality product.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Fort Wayne, In

"Craft master a top water heater"
I have owned this water heater for around 10 years now. After this long I haven't had no problems with it. There is not anything that I really need 2 complain about. It hasn't needed any repairs. I have already had two friends buy it because of my recommendation.