Consumer Reviews of SEARS water heaters

Read more about SEARS water heaters

Date created: 2013-04-16 Name: Ben Johnstone
Location: Bodega Bay, CA

"Feeling Cheated"
I ordered this over the telephone. I specifically stated that I did not want the extended warranty yet when I got the bill I was charged for one. Then the installer charged another $211 for items that he said were always required as a part of the installation. As far as I am concerned this amounts to deceptive advertising. Regardless of how the water heater functions, I cannot recommend this type of behavior.

Date created: 2012-08-21 Location: Lakeview, AR

"STILL DOING THE JOB!"
This water heater was installed in January of 2000. I am happy to state that to this day it is still functioning as it did when originally purchased. I've had no problems with this unit, which is why most of my appliances are from Sears. I do hear the heater running when it heats up the water but that only lasts for approximately 10 minutes at the most. I purchased my home in the middle of 1999 and one of the selling points was that all new appliances were installed, including the water heater. The original water heater was purchased in 1998 and was different brand, by December, 1999 we had to replace that unit. The price was right and with a household consisting of two adults with one child this completely suits are needs. We are loyal consumers of the Sears brand, me with my appliances and my husband with his outdoor toys.

Date created: 2012-01-18 Location: Woodville, TX

"They Don't Make Hotwater Heaters Like They Used To"
Our hot water heater is a Sears & Robuck model, and since it is no longer Sears & Robuck and just Sears, it is safe to say we have an excellent hot water heater. Considering it is over 40 years old and still kicking, it is in great condition. The bottom of the outside shell is rusted through, but the tank itself is not and is still holding water. It used to belong in an old 1971 model trailer home. It was used in that home for several years before the home was basically abandoned. In 2003, shortly after moving into another home on the property, it was necessary to make use of the hot water heater again. The one in the other house, which was decades older, went out. Though this Sears & Robuck one is only a 10 gallon, it is perfect for us because it heats like a new one. Four years later, we are still using the old 1971 Sears & Robuck hot water heater. They just don't make hot water heaters to last like they used to!

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: ralph mcgahagin
Location: austin, tx

"30 gal water heater"
no prob;ems works fine

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Diane Baum
Location: West bloomfield, Mi

"Bought in a hurry"
I believe in Murphy's Law. We never had any problem with our previous water heater until it unexpectedly broke. It happened to be the day after I broke my leg and was home hopping around. I quickly sent my hubby out to buy a new one. Usually, we spend a lot of time comparing prices and products. This time we just called up the Sears man and said bring it over. I t has done it's job, with mediore results.

Date created: 2010-09-20 Name: Shelly Dalton
Location: Los Osos, CA

"Steady, Faithful, and True..."
We are VERY Satisfied with our Sears Water Heater. We are a large family of 6 with 4 children (2 grown, but still living at home, and 2 are teenager boys). As you can imagine we use a lot of hot water and take a lot of showers everyday. The water heater has worked beautifully and steadily for years. it also seems to last an extra long time as far as the hot water goes. This brand is steady, faithful, and true, and we would highly recommend it to anyone! - The Dalton Family

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: leanne thele
Location: jackson, mo

"my water heater"
This unit has been in the house since it has been built. my only concern is that it is a PV and when it goes it will be expensive to replace

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Christopher W. Clem

"How I have hot water in my apartment"
This water heater is small is yet, it is essential for my health and comfort. It provides me with some, but not enough beacuse it is very small, hot water to keep me warm and comfortable when I take a bath. However, I'm thankful that it works, for without it, I would have no hot water.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: bill hoffman

"Mr"
Gas water heater, unit works fine, bought an 84 gallon one, should have bought the next size down. Looked at tank less, but the gas line was too small.