Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of RUUD water heaters

Read more about RUUD water heaters

Date created: 2012-10-22 Name: Tom O'Brien
Location: Foxboro Mass

"My Ruud water heater died after just 6 and a half years"
Bought my Ruud water heater in April 2006. It had to be unplugged and plugged back in many times during the time we had it because the water would get cold. Then yesterday we find water all over the floor after just a little over six years and we had the six year warranty wouldn't you know. Had to do the usual clean up and buy a new water heater (not a Ruud!) today for 1100 dollars. Six and a half years?!!!!!! I would NOT recommend purchasing a Ruud water Heater.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: Cynthia Beauclair

"the themometer"
The stick that measures the heat, keeps on disintegrating, I know I have hard water, but this has never happened so often.

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Heidi Hogan

"Never Disappointed"
I've had my ruud in the attic servicing my famiy's needs for the last 15 years and have hardly even given it a thought-THAT'S a dependable water heater. If this unit ever does give up the ghost on us, I'll surely have another ruud installed.