Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2011-12-12 Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"GREAT VALUE - very efficient"
I have only had this water heater for a few months, but I like it. I needed to replace my whole system at the time. My current water heater was so old, it was put in when the house was build, and they don't make parts anymore to fix it. I wanted to upgrade to a more efficient model that would eventually lower my bills. Plus there is the tax rebate. So far, it works great. I have not run out of hot water. It was very important when I had guests staying with me to remain comfortable. I was worried at first, but this made it through multiple hot showers without fail. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to replace their water heater. I think the only con I can think of, was that it was a little more expensive than I was hoping for. However I am hoping that I will get the savings back on my gas bill down the line.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Holbrook, NY

"Energy Efficient and Fast"
I purchased the Rheem EcoSense 9.5 GPM in June, 2011 after a friend (a Master Plumber) said it was time for the old unit to be replaced. It was purchased through his recommendation and it was amazingly. It's very efficient and we never run out of hot water as we did in the past. Although we purchased this only a short period of time, I am confident that it will last a very long time. My only negative about it was the price, but I truly believe that you get what you pay for and I wanted a high quality unit that would also add to value to my home. Since purchasing it, I have recommended it to a few friends, 1 of whom also purchased it. We both have only great things to say about its performance.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Chicago, IL

"Good Enough for a small household"
I have owned this water heater for seven years, since I bought the house. It has performed admirably with little or no maintenance required. It has an excellent recovery period to reheat water, in other words, once it runs out of hot water, it is reloaded to full of hot water within an hour or so. It's capacity for holding hot water is somewhat limited. It is enough for four hot showers or one hot master bath or a dishwasher cycle and a washing machine cylce. It has never required any professional maintenance and I have never had to relight it even with . I would definitely recommend or by this brand again.

Date created: 2011-12-01 Location: Murphy, Nc

"Rheem 81sv52d is a great water heater."
I bought this water heater 15 years ago when we built our house. We got it because it was a low-boy model that would fit in the area under our steps that does not have full headroom height. It has never given us any trouble what so ever. I would buy the same model again, however I might be tempted to get a slightly larger capacity heater. We eventually put in a very large jetted bathtub and when we try to fill it with hot water, we sometimes use all the hot water before the tub is full. Our tub is HUGE however, with a 90 gallon capacity. The recovery time on the water heater is very good and we can simply give it a short break and there is plenty of hot water then.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Location: Littl Elm, Tx

"My Electric Water Heater and Its Service to My Family"
I currently own a Rheem electric water heater. It is called a Rheemglas Fury. This appliance was made in May of 2004 which makes it over seven years old. The Rheem came with the house when we bought it new. It has done well with 4 to 5 adults living in the house at the same time. We have never had any problems with leaks or any elements going out. It has never been serviced. I'm not sure how much energy it costs me monthly, but I absolutely can't complain about its service. The only things I don't like about it is that it's take is a little small for as many adults as we have living here. Everyone seems to like to take long showers. In addition, I have heard gas water heaters are less expensive to maintain, but gas is not an option in this house. I would definitely recommend this brand to friends or family and I wouldn't hesitate to have another one in the future.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Rheem Water Heater"
We became the proud owners of our water heater around 14 months ago when we purchased our house. The water heater was used by the prior owner of this house. We haven't had any repairs. We had it serviced shortly after buying the house for safety purposes. Annual, per our water company's suggestion, we flush the system to prevent sediment build up. We like that our water heater heats the water efficiently when the dial is turned to warm so that our children won't be burned but our dishes, laundry, and showers are still hot enough to do get the job done. It only takes a few seconds after turning the faucet on to get the hot water we need. In a previous house, we sometimes waited minutes to get warm, let alone hot water. We do not have any complaints. We would recommend it to a friend or family member and would purchase the same or more efficient model from the same company.

Date created: 2011-05-11 Name: TWK
Location: Ontario, CA

"Missing component!!"
I just recently installed a 60 gallon rheem power vented natural gas water heater. when the contractor completed the installation and fired up the unit, the heater would stop after a minute a re-boot. this would continue repeatedly. After replacing the gas valve and then inspecting the power vent for blockages, it was determined that there was a missing baffle in the flue stack of the water heater. this made in mexico unit was then replaced with another new unit which funtioned well immediately after firing up the unit. a disappointing start; lets hope the future is better...

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Frederick Maryland

"A review of the Rheem Water heater"
After living in my home for approximately six months, my old water heater stopped working completely. We called a technician to our home to have a look and ensure that it couldn't be fixed and he began the process of replacing the unit. He drained the unit first and then proceeded to replace with the new unit. The new unit is a Rheem Water heater, Energy Miser and is wonderful. I've had no issues with losing hot water after 3 showers, doing laundry and running the dishwasher. No longer do we have to wait until the water is heated again in order to be able to take a shower. It works great. The last unit we had was very loud, however this new unit is quiet and is running very smoothly. I was concerned with the initial temperature that the unit was set to, as i did not want anyone in my home to be burned, however, it is currently set to a higher temperature, as recommended by the manufacturer, and we have had no issues with it at all. I would highly recommend this water heater to anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new one or someone who is in need of replacement.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Cincinnati, OH

"The Rheem Fury: Scary Name, Great Water Heater."
We have owned our present water heater for a little over half a year. We purchased the Fury last September when our old Kenmore (that had been heating the house water for an unbelievable 35 years) developed a noticeable gas leak. Our plumber installed the Fury quite easily. It is a very compact unit that even our cramped utility room can accommodate. Thusfar, I have no grievances about the Fury whatsoever. It is whisper quiet, and so well insulated that only a little heat escapes. The pilot is inaccessibly shielded from everyday tampering, and unlike my 70s water heater, none of it is made of sheet glass. The Fury uses a respectably small amount of gas to heat 50 gallons of water for our home, and although it is not Energy Star certified, it uses less fuel then comparable water heaters which are. I would solidly recommend this water heater to friends, with the caveat that Rheems are hard for mere mortals to come by (the company sells primarily to craftsmen and companies). Every plumber I know swears by Rheem products, and so far I have no reason to doubt them.

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Albany, NY

"Rheems are worth it!"
This tankless hot water heater is absolutely amazing. It offers great on-demand hot water and it never runs out. Its rather efficient too. It was rather expensive but I think it's worth every cent. Knowing that you always have hot water and knowing that the hot water you have hasn't been sitting in a tank for a long time. Its worth the up front cost and it will save you in the long run.