Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2012-07-29 Location: Iowa City, IA

"Quality water heater"
I have owned this water heater for 2 years since I purchased my home. I really like that it gives me a wide range of water temperatures for both dishes and showers, but I do wish that it would go a bit hotter for baths. I like that it is quiet and runs efficiently enough that I don't have to check it often. It is easy to change the settings to vacation when I am gone to cut down on energy costs when the water doesn't need to be kept warm during that time. While owning this water heater, I have never had to repair or replace it and would purchase this brand again. Overall, I am glad that this water heater came with the property I purchased. I am looking to buy a new home in the very near future and am hoping that the same brand will already be in the home, as I know it is a reliable brand that has given me no problems.

Date created: 2012-07-20 Location: Harbor Springs, MI

"The Rheem Fury Offers Reliability at a Low Cost"
I am a renter and I have been living in my rental for 4 years. The house has two bedrooms and two full baths. The water heater that is in the house is a Rheem Fury. It has 150 PSI which is adequate for the amount of hot water that I need. It is installed in a small closet off the kitchen so it is very easy to access. There is a switch that you can use to increase or decrease the hot water temperature. I keep the temperature set at about 120 degrees Fahrenheit. That allows me to take a shower for the length of time that I find is acceptable and still have plenty of hot water. In the 4 years that I have been living here, the water heater has needed no repairs. The landlord says that it is approximately 8 years old. The annual cost estimate is $130, with a low being $110 and a high $151, so it is average. I would recommend this brand of water heater to anyone looking to replace theirs.

Date created: 2012-07-06 Location: Tacoma, Washington

"Quiet And Efficient"
My previous water heater (whose brand and model number I don't remember), when it did work, was rather loud and inefficient. If nobody had used hot water for a few hours it could take upwards of 20 minutes before it warmed up enough to use. It came with the house so must have been at least 10 years old. 2 years ago it died on me so, after doing a bit of research online I settled on the Rheem 22V40F1. The installation went extremely smooth, which was a worry for me since I'm not generally that good with household repairs. Once we got it up and running we were pleasantly surprised at how quick the water heats up and, best of all, how quiet it runs. I can't vouch for the longevity of it since it's only been two years, but it's still holding up strong and I've heard good things about the brand, so I'm expecting it to last quite a while.

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Westland, MI

"A Solid, Dependable Heater"
I've owned this heater for about 4 months. It was very easy to install and the cost was about what I was hoping to spend. I was satisfied with the transaction. I don't like the fluctuation in temperature. I've noticed that the hot water doesn't stay too hot for very long. It's not the greatest heater in the world, but for the cost, I think it does what it is expected too. I've never had to replace or repair this unit. I would try this brand again, but I would buy a better unit. You get what you pay for. I think this unit is good at what it does for the money that it cost, but if I was going to recommend it to a friend, I would suggest they spend more money and get a product that they will be impressed with. This particular brand seems to work fine, but this model needs more power.

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Griffin, Georgia

"A Dependable Water Heater"
Our Rheem water heater was installed in our house when our house was built in 2002. It is now almost ten years old. Our water heater has never failed us. It is powered by natural gas. It is properly sized for our family. We never run out of hot water even when the dishwasher and washing machine are running with both showers being used. In a household of three adults and three children, this probably happens often. I have never heard a "cold water" complaint. The only thing I can think of to dislike about it is that the temperature knob comes off easily. It is located in our utility room in a tight space. As we move around to do our tasks in the utility room, we sometimes knock the knob off. It goes back on very easily. I have repaired and replaced many water heaters as a maintenance technician. Many were less than ten years old. I have never had to make any repairs on this water heater. After ten years of unfailing service, I will never have any other brand of water heater.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Location: baton rouge

"Hot Wate Heater, Gas Model 22-30-2 Brand Rheem gas"
My hot water heate is a gas model made by Rheem. It worked fine for the first two year i have had it, but now i fo some reason can't get the pilot to stay lite. Every moning i half to wake up 30 mins early to lite the pilot, let it warm, then take a shower. I really don't know what the problem with this model is, but heats like a charm when working properly.

Date created: 2012-01-15 Location: New York, NY

"Fantastic Rheem Water Heater"
Several years ago I purchased a vacation property in upstate NY. The home needed to be restored, and as such, one of the projects I undertook was installing a brand new hot water heater in the basement. I searched around at local stores for a bit before decided on the Rheem RTE13 model. I purchased and installed the heater about 6 years ago and to this day, I have not had one single isssue or problem with it. It has worked continuously since the day I purchased it. I would certainly recommend Rheem as a brand for anybody who is in the market for a new hot water heater. It's a great appliance and will not disappoint you or let you down. Like I said, I've had to do zero repairs or maintenance on it in a 6 year span of time. You can't argue with numbers like those.

Date created: 2011-12-23 Location: Sacramento, CA

"I never thought that I would be so excited about my new water heater. It has made every evening better for me."
Something interesting happened to me the other day. I was talking to a coworker of mine telling her about my new hot water heater. She interrupted me and told me I was way too excited over a water heater. It occurred that she may be right, but let me explain. I had the unfortunate experience of my old water heater breaking on me. I called the plumber I usually use and he came right out and told me he would have it taken care of that same day. He left to gather supplies and returned with a helper, a truck full of tools, and my new Rheem 21DV40N water heater. Up until this point I would run out of hot water in the shower if the dish washer was running. That is now a thing of the past. The new water heater, although the same size, is rated at nearly double the BTU's of my old one. The hot water replenishes itself more rapidly than I can use it. What a change my Rheem 21DV40N has made. I only wish I had upgraded sooner.

Date created: 2011-12-20 Location: South Bend, IN

"Basic water heater does fine job"
We've had this water heater for about nine years now. It heats the water as hot as a person could possibly want it. We've never had a problem at all with the unit itself. There was one instance where there was a problem with the venting but it was unrelated to the actual unit. The water heater is about average efficiency, actually slightly higher than average, as far as energy usage and cost to operate. On the unit itself, it claims to be self-cleaning. That may be so but nonetheless, there is considerable lime buildup in the bottom of ours from running it some years on well water without a water softener. So I would not recommend running it with hard water and no softener or equivalent. Of course, you shouldn't do that with ANY water softener. Anyhow, we were beginning to have problems with lime buildup in the unit until we got an electronic salt-less softener system and that broke up the lime and the problems ceased. Overall, I would say this is a very good water heater. The drain valve which is used to flush or drain the unit is sturdy, easy to turn with a screwdriver, and does not leak. The manufacturer recommends using it once a month to drain a liter or two of water out of the bottom. I see no reason that we wouldn't buy this brand again. There is no indication of any problem with the unit and I expect it to go another ten years without incident.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Location: Killeen, Texas

"Awesome Water Heater"
We built our house 5 years ago and when looking for water heaters we knew that the Rheem Warrior Series heater was the way to go. In our previous home we had a Rheem water heater that was put in 15 years ago and only needed replacing just recently. With that we decided that if our first water heater lasted that long, that we would be crazy not to go with Rheem! We like our Rheem water heater because it gets the job done. We have a family of four and we never run out of hot water. It is so nice to be able to take showers at the same time in different bathrooms and doing other things such as washing clothes or washing dishes without the hot water going out. I definitely will recommend the Rheem Brand water heaters to my friends and family members. There is no other brand out there that does as good of a job for the price and quality of product as Rheem.