Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2014-06-24 Name: V.T
Location: Pinol, CA

"Piece of Junk & lying Rep"
I had a brand new Rheem water heater installed by professional, less than two years and it needs service, the pilot does not stay lit. Called the manufacture, luckily I got thru, after telling them what happen they will send 2 parts to replace, one part came on time, the other never showed up. Called everyday to confirmed if the gas control valve had been shipped. Reps gave me same answer "it should arrive on Monday" Nothing showed up after 5 days later, called again. Was told by another rep nothing had been sent (wtf). That will be 7-8+ days without hot water for my family with 3 young children. If that will solved the problem. Never ever buy Rheem product again. I'm in the middle of buying a new heating & cooling system, Rheem will not be the one for sure.

Date created: 2014-05-17 Name: GEORGE
Location: Independence mo

"Rip off company"
Buy a new water heater from home depot and after one month the water heater pilot light won't stay lit. Because I had disconnected the water heater over the weekend and bought a Whirlpool and had it installed Rheem refused to issue me a return authorization number. They said that by disconnecting it I voided the warranty. Well, they should try and live with a pregnant woman who doesn't have hot water. They sold me a faulty unit and then refused to take it back or allow me to exchange it for a different one. In my opinion Rheem is as about as scandalous as they come.

Date created: 2014-04-29 Name: K. Ross
Location: Mount Juliet, TN

"Rheem Electric Hot Water Heater Defective"
I purchased this Rheem Electric Hot heater new and it came with a bad heating element. My service person tested the unit with his meter and was able to tell immediately that the heating element had no OHMNs which meant the heating element was not working. Rheem standard policy is they will not replace a new defective unit however they would send me the part and then I could have my service man fix the brand new unit. I was also informed they have no customer service department and obviously Rheem has no concerns for product quality or customer satisfaction. I will never personally buy another Rheem product.

Date created: 2013-05-25 Name: Mike Montgomery
Location: Fort Worth, tx

"Electronics Failed While Still Under Warranty! Heat Exchanger Failed, Just Out of 5 Year Warranty!!"
Changed to tankless water heating expecting considerable long range savings. Rheem heat exchanger was warranted for 5 years. The heat exchanger failed at 5 years and a few months. The heat exchanger is not warranted and not even replaceable. Unit is total loss at 5 years. Simple electric water heater would in long run be cheaper than the expensive on demand Rheem, Ruud, Commercial on demand. Would not use this brand again. Bosch heater I have can replace the exchanger.

Date created: 2013-01-22 Location: Travelers rest SC

"Rheem Fury gas water heater is capable and efficient"
We have owned the Rheem Fury 40 gal. gas water heater since moving into this home in 2008, and have been very satisfied with it's performance and efficiency. We have never had a problem with hot water, even when the power is out, which happens quite often here. We are in a somewhat remote area, and the power goes out 3-4 times a year, sometimes for 2-3 days, so it's a releif to always have hot water available. We are only a family of three, so the demand on this heater is not fantastic on a day-to-day basis, but any worries I had about it's ability to "keep up" with demand were eliminated when my wife's entire family of sisters and her mom arrived for a visit. These girls are not prone to 45 minute showers, but there are a lot of them. Even with two showers running simultaniously for five showers total, we never ran out of hot water. I decided to give it a real challenge the following day with the same scenario of 5 showers in the span of 2 hours and decided to throw in a load of hot water wash just to see if I could give any of the girls a terrible surprise, no luck. The Rheem still churned out plenty of hot water. One reason for this is my wife likes it hot, we have our heater set to about 145 according to our kitchen thermometer, which is quite high, but this is what guarantees the presence of hot water for all those showers. The back side of that is typically increased energy costs, but the Rheem's Energy Guide states it could cost around $283 a year to run, however, our gas for the entire year last year only cost us about $375 including our gas stove and gas fireplace which we use to heat our entire house, so I think that estimate is quite high, despite having just slightly less than average pricing for gas here. And we could lower that cost a bit more by wrapping the heater in insulation. Long story short, I can say that the Rheem heater does a fantastic job delivering reliable hot water cheaply. What more could you ask for?

Date created: 2013-01-19 Name: Bob Higgins
Location: Granada Hills, CA

"GE Ultra Low NOx Ge"
Brought this hot water heater back in 2009, replaced thermo-coupler 3 times. Called technical support 4 days, first day technition said to get up on the roof and check for a birds nest in the vent pipe! 3Rd day called and asked to speak to supervisor she put me on hold for 28 minutes. It's a matter of wearing you down and not living up to the warranty! I will never buy another ge product!!!!!! My father swore by ge, I don't know what happened.

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: Christina Edwards
Location: Hartford CT

"VERY UNSATISFIED"
I have had a brand new Rheem hot water heater for only two years and it needs service already. Two years? Are you freaking kidding me? I have no hot water at all. According to the manufacturer it is the ignitor. Oh and you are lucky if you can get in touch with the manufacturer. I would never purchase this brand again.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Location: Bridgewater, NJ

"Rheem, a great water heater for your condominum"
In our condominium, we have a Rheem hot water heater and we have loved it for the past 2 years we have owned our home. We have owned the hot water heater for well over 2 years and have not had one issue with it so far. The best part about it is that we can easily take hot showers right after one another and still have enough hot water left to do dishes and or use the dishwasher without any issues whatsoever. Our neighbors have another brand and have had nothing but issues replacing minor parts just in order to be able to have hot water! We love our Rheem so much that we have recommended it to this neighbor along with anyone else we run into that has ever had an issue with their poorly made hot water heater. There really isn't anything we dislike about it and so far our Rheem has been nothing but a great experience and we always have hot water when we need it!

Date created: 2012-08-03 Location: Maple Grove, MN

"Rheem 22V40F1 40 Gallon Gas Water Heater Review"
We have had the Rheem 22V40F1 water heater in our house for approximately 9 months now, we had it installed after our last water heater (as old as the house) gave up the ghost. I chose to have it professionally installed as my plumbing skills aren't really the greatest! So far this water heater has been a great purchase. Capacity wise it feels like we're getting more hot water than we did before. Normally if we were doing four showers right after another the fourth person ran out of hot water. Since we got this new heater we no longer experience this issue. Haven't tried it with 5 people yet so we'll see! Probably the best thing was the immediate drop on our gas bill that we saw. This new heater just seems to sip the gas when our old heater was sucking it up like it was going out of style. I would definitely recommend this water heater!

Date created: 2012-07-29 Location: Iowa City, IA

"Quality water heater"
I have owned this water heater for 2 years since I purchased my home. I really like that it gives me a wide range of water temperatures for both dishes and showers, but I do wish that it would go a bit hotter for baths. I like that it is quiet and runs efficiently enough that I don't have to check it often. It is easy to change the settings to vacation when I am gone to cut down on energy costs when the water doesn't need to be kept warm during that time. While owning this water heater, I have never had to repair or replace it and would purchase this brand again. Overall, I am glad that this water heater came with the property I purchased. I am looking to buy a new home in the very near future and am hoping that the same brand will already be in the home, as I know it is a reliable brand that has given me no problems.