Consumer Reviews of LOCHINVAR water heaters

Read more about LOCHINVAR water heaters

Date created: 2011-12-07 Location: Buffalo, NY

"Review of Lochinvar Water Heater"
We installed a new Lochinvar water heater shortly after moving into our new house. The old one was shot and barley produced any hot water. The new water heater works very well. It heats water quickly, in addition it always seems like we have enough hot water in the tank. Relighting the pilot light is pretty simple and the tank has simple to follow controls for turning up the temperature. I have noticed that our gas bills are slightly lower than when we first moved in. The new water heater is the only change we made related to gas in the house, so I am assuming this model is more efficient than the last. I would recommend this model to a friend as so far it has been reliable and we have had no issues. The tank seems to be well construct and very solid. Overall it is a solid, reliable water heater that does what we need it to do.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Location: Duluth, MN

"Review of Lochinvar ETN040 Gas Water Heater"
I have owned the Lochinvar ETN040 gas water heater for over 8 years. The Lochinvar water heater replaced my old water heater in May 2003 when I had a new furnace installed, and as the contractor handled both heating and plumbing they offered me a deal on the combination package that included the water heater. I have been very pleased with the Lochinvar ETN040. It has a 40 gallon tank capacity which has been sufficient for this house that includes 1 ½ bathrooms, a washing machine, and a dishwasher. Operation is very quiet. The thermostat is adjustable and includes a vacation setting that I always use when going out of town on an extended trip. This feature seems to offer the right balance between maintaining the tank temperature warm enough where it doesn't take long to get up to normal after returning from vacation yet allowing for noticeable cost savings on my gas bill for those times. The water heater came with a 6 year manufacturer warranty, and it has not required any repairs in its over 8 years of service. The only thing I wish was different was that the thermostat is labeled only in relative terms such as "warm" or "hot" with difficult to see marks between them; a graduated scale with numerical temperature values would help achieve a more precise setting. I would consider the Lochinvar brand again when it comes time to replace this one and would recommend it to others.