Takagi Water Heaters
Read Takagi Water Heater Reviews
Write a review of Takagi
Takagi manufactures a wide range of tankless water heaters and accessories. They market 10 series of water heaters that range in efficiency from 82% to 95%.
The Japanese company was founded in 1952 and entered the American market with the opening of its Tustin, California operations in 1995. Some of the "firsts" claimed by the company include: bringing tankless-only products to the North American market; offering a tankless product with an efficiency rating of up to 95%; and offering direct-vent convertible tankless model of water heater.
Takagi tankless units can be mounted on a wall or installed between two wall studs using a recess box which makes the heater more inconspicuous. Heaters can also be installed inside a utility closet or garage using a direct-vent conversion kit sold by the company. The heaters run on natural gas or propane.
Takagi markets the following lines of water heaters:
- T-KJr: 40-gallon tank-equivalent, with an efficiency of up to .83
- T-KJr2: 40-gallon tank-equivalent (max GPM of 6.6 gallons per minute), with an efficiency of up to .83
- T-K3: can be linked to other T-K3s in parallel to produce up to 21.6 GPM
- T-K3-Pro: like the T-K3, but uses copper alloy in the heat exchanger tubing for use in commercial applications
- T-D2: light commercial applications, but higher throughput than the T-K3-Pro
- T-K4: indoors or outdoors installation, up to 8 GPM
- T-H2S: high-efficiency residential water heater (up to 90% efficient)
- T-H2: high-efficiency residential or light-commercial water heater
- T-M32: heavy-duty commercial water heater
- T-M50 (the Monster): dual-combustion heavy-duty commercial system
Maintenance of Takagi Water Heaters
Air and water filters should be cleaned regularly to prevent the accumulation of debris which could affect the smooth flow of water. The owners' manuals that come with Takagi water heaters provide detailed instructions on how to do simple maintenance.
Irvine, CA 92618
Warranties cover failed mechanical and electrical parts due to factory defects in normal usage. Should mechanical or electrical parts - with the exception of the heat exchanger - fail during the first five years, Takagi will furnish replacement parts. Heat exchangers are covered for ten years. The warranties exclude labor and shipping, and are non-transferable should the home be sold.