Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2013-08-22 Name: H. Lee
Location: SF Peninsula

"Manufacturer's Warranty is a JOKE"
Thermopile (part that keeps your pilot lit) failed in less than 3 years. Called Bradford White and was referred to their rep. in the west coast for warranty service. I called and was told only, the part would be covered since their labor warranty is only a year. I found the thermopile part number in the water heater's service manual and proceeded to call the authorized list of local plumbers on Bradford White's website. 1st company didn't even know whether or not they can service water heaters. 2nd company's line was busy for hours. 3rd company never followed through. After being fed up, I called the west coast rep again for a list of local distributors where I can purchase the part. He only gave me one contact and they didn't have the part in stock. Faced with the possibility of only having cold water for days (which is unacceptable), I ventured off to my local Home Depot hoping to find a suitable replacement part. Nothing! Decided to also check osh and found a Honeywell thermopile that appeared like it would work. Before installing, I verified that it was a functioning thermopile by holding it under a flame and measuring its output voltage. Install it and my family and I were able to have hot water that evening for $25. Did I void the manufacturer's warranty by servicing the unit myself? Yes, but their warranty is basically no warranty. What a JOKE!

Date created: 2013-08-09 Name: Zhan
Location: New York

"Horrible Experience"
After 2 years of use, the water heater stopped working. Since Bradford claim a 10 year warranty, I called them. They cover only the parts, not the labor. It looks like the parts are going to be installed by themselves.

Date created: 2013-07-23 Name: JC
Location: Chardon, OH

"Lasted 7 Years"
Our Bradford White hot water tank came with our house (new construction). After 7 years from date of manufacture, it is leaking from every seam, joint, etc.

Date created: 2013-06-20 Name: Mike S
Location: Nampa ID

"Defender Water Heater Review"
Our Bradford White Defender water heater lasted only 6 years. Worst water heater we've ever owned.

Date created: 2013-06-04 Name: Pieter
Location: Atlanta

"Defender"
Made in America with Chinese performance. My Bradford White just died after a little more than 6 years. Your basement will look like it is under a hydrojet (t). Do not buy this Cra%^#.

Date created: 2013-05-28 Name: Shamus Lit
Location: Ontario, CA

"Warranty Service from Bradford-White is Total Crap"
We had a Bradford-White hot water heater installed upon the construction of a new home. Within the past years, we have had to replace the pressure release valve, the drain valve, the gas control unit and the ThermaCELL (three separate failures). All under warranty. Bradford-White's parts are not stocked at any plumbing shop within 40 Kms of our house, and so parts had to be shipped. Given we were without hot water you'd think B-W would be expedient. Not so much. They took over two weeks to get the parts and required us to pay up front even though they agreed to warranty replacement. The most recent event took nearly 5 months for them to finally reimburse us for the parts. The B-W heaters might work in the short term but you'll pay a huge price in the long term by selecting them. My advice is go to a different supplier.

Date created: 2013-04-05 Name: Dan Sparks
Location: TRABUCO Canyon, CA

"Great experience with BW M2XR75"
I've been impressed with my bw m2xr75. Series - is far more efficient compared to the device it replaced . I have owned it for one year. My buddy recommended his plumber which installs this brand water heater in all his 23 Taco Bell Restaurants. I think that this is a company ( Bradford White ) that is used to dealing directly with Trade Professionals. It's U.S. manufactured and supported out of Michigan. 10 years out , I suspect I'll still be very satisfied. Rock Solid product from where I stand.

Date created: 2013-03-30 Name: Sydney E. Smith
Location: Congers, New York 10920

"The worst ever."
We are a plumbing contractor. Of the last 8 Bradford White hot water heaters we have installed, 3 failed at start up. One had a defective gas valve, 2 leaked at the cold water inlet to the heater, the factory fitting was cross threaded into the heater and leaked. We can't afford to install this product any longer as it will harm our reputation and cost us a lot of money in lost wages.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: Robert
Location: Granbury, Texas

"Crap"
Newer house in north Texas. First water heater, a Rheem, lasted 9 years. It's replacement, a Bradford White, was installed 12/2010. After four visits by our plumber to repair, we threw it out today and replaced it with another Rheem. Two plumbers tell us the bh heaters are cheap quality and not worth installing. I wish I would have known this before installing a $1000 heater, spending $600 in repairs, and then tossing it in the garbage in 2 years,

Date created: 2013-03-07 Name: Tim

"Quite possibly the worst company I have dealt with."
Water heater broke after less than 2 years. Repair company came out to try and fix multiple times. Each time, manufacturer sent the wrong part. Four days with no hot water and counting. According to repair outfit, Bradford White are cut-rate water heaters. Sounds like our builder got some kind of a deal on these. I echo many of the other reviewers' experience with this company.