Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2013-05-28 Name: Shamus Lit
Location: Ontario, CA

"Warranty Service from Bradford-White is Total Crap"
We had a Bradford-White hot water heater installed upon the construction of a new home. Within the past years, we have had to replace the pressure release valve, the drain valve, the gas control unit and the ThermaCELL (three separate failures). All under warranty. Bradford-White's parts are not stocked at any plumbing shop within 40 Kms of our house, and so parts had to be shipped. Given we were without hot water you'd think B-W would be expedient. Not so much. They took over two weeks to get the parts and required us to pay up front even though they agreed to warranty replacement. The most recent event took nearly 5 months for them to finally reimburse us for the parts. The B-W heaters might work in the short term but you'll pay a huge price in the long term by selecting them. My advice is go to a different supplier.

Date created: 2013-04-05 Name: Dan Sparks
Location: TRABUCO Canyon, CA

"Great experience with BW M2XR75"
I've been impressed with my bw m2xr75. Series - is far more efficient compared to the device it replaced . I have owned it for one year. My buddy recommended his plumber which installs this brand water heater in all his 23 Taco Bell Restaurants. I think that this is a company ( Bradford White ) that is used to dealing directly with Trade Professionals. It's U.S. manufactured and supported out of Michigan. 10 years out , I suspect I'll still be very satisfied. Rock Solid product from where I stand.

Date created: 2013-03-30 Name: Sydney E. Smith
Location: Congers, New York 10920

"The worst ever."
We are a plumbing contractor. Of the last 8 Bradford White hot water heaters we have installed, 3 failed at start up. One had a defective gas valve, 2 leaked at the cold water inlet to the heater, the factory fitting was cross threaded into the heater and leaked. We can't afford to install this product any longer as it will harm our reputation and cost us a lot of money in lost wages.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: Robert
Location: Granbury, Texas

"Crap"
Newer house in north Texas. First water heater, a Rheem, lasted 9 years. It's replacement, a Bradford White, was installed 12/2010. After four visits by our plumber to repair, we threw it out today and replaced it with another Rheem. Two plumbers tell us the bh heaters are cheap quality and not worth installing. I wish I would have known this before installing a $1000 heater, spending $600 in repairs, and then tossing it in the garbage in 2 years,

Date created: 2013-03-07 Name: Tim

"Quite possibly the worst company I have dealt with."
Water heater broke after less than 2 years. Repair company came out to try and fix multiple times. Each time, manufacturer sent the wrong part. Four days with no hot water and counting. According to repair outfit, Bradford White are cut-rate water heaters. Sounds like our builder got some kind of a deal on these. I echo many of the other reviewers' experience with this company.

Date created: 2013-03-05 Name: Tim
Location: Beloit OH.

"owner"
First one started leaking right before warranty was up. So I got lucky. Second one lasted about 7yrs. That's 2 in 12yrs. Not replacing second one with Bradford.

Date created: 2013-02-26 Name: Jay
Location: Austin tx

"If you have Bradford white that has a Honeywell valve don't buy it!"
If you live in the Texas area, Bradford white has a Honeywell valve on it and I recommend you not using Bradford white hwh. The Honeywell valve breaks down had a plumbing company out here and was frustrated with Bradford white water heaters. He says they are crap rheem the way to go I love it no problems.

Date created: 2013-01-16 Name: GGunn
Location: Washington, DC

"Broke After 2 Months"
I am extremely disappointed in this product. Only two months after having it installed, the pilot light assembly broke down. Rather than send the parts that the plumbers need to fix it, the "call center" people second-guess them and send completely useless parts one at a time. Nearly a week later and we *still* don't have hot water. If you're thinking about a hot water heater, I urge you to consider some other brand.

Date created: 2013-01-13 Name: Tyrus Ritchie
Location: Spokane, Washington

"Flawless"
Had a 'Bradford-White' for 9 years now with no problems... Another 9 years would be great!

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: SP
Location: Missouri City, TX

"Bradford water heater sucks and their customer service is worst"
I got Bradford water heater with my new house only to realize that it is a piece of junk and their customer service is ludicrously pathetic in just two years! They are thugs helping contractors make money for the company. I do not know how true it is, but one of the local plumber told me that my county mandated not to install Bradford white water heaters in our entire county! I do not think any plumber would like to lose work by telling lies, so I trust him.