Consumer Reviews of Lasko space heaters

#18  of 39 brands of space heaters

Read more about Lasko space heaters

Read reviews of other Space Heater brands

Date created: 2012-12-10 Location: Enid, Oklahoma

"Great while it worked; horrible customer service"
I received this LASKO 1500 watt space heater earlier this year, from my father. It was at the tail end of winter. This is not a cheap heater, and at first, it seemed to work really well. That was then. I liked that it appeared sturdy, compact, easy to use and had a nice fan blower, to heat a room nicely. We used it in the bedroom, as the main heater doesn't reach the bedrooms. I put it away after the rest of winter. When my husband brought it out at the first freeze, we found it did not work properly. The heater would come on and work for approximately 5-10 minutes and then would go off. It would work for the same amount of time, if I would unplug it, wait a bit and then go through the whole process again. My father did not save the receipt, thinking he was buying a quality heater. So when I called the customer service number, the service agent was no help. She said that since we didn't have the receipt, we could not return it. So I repeated what she said, to confirm I was understanding what she meant...yes, we were screwed. So I told her that would be it for LASKO heaters and that I would be posting my experience on my social sites. In conclusion, I am not sure if I would buy a LASKO product again. I understand that there are lemons with any product occasionally. It doesn't necessarily represent the quality of all their products. However, they really should have made it right, by properly helping me with my problem, and directed me to a service agent or how to return it directly to the company. She did neither of these things and was rather snotty about the whole matter and didn't seem to care about the problem.

Date created: 2012-08-13 Location: Oakland, CA

"Lasko Space Heater: Solid Investment"
I bought the Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat about two years ago from targetā€"I was initially skeptical because I had only used much larger, metal "radiator" style space heaters in the past. However, this space heater is surprisingly powerful for its sizeā€"it warms up a moderately large room in less than ten minutes, and helps my entire one bedroom apartment retain a little heat during cold nights. The only major issue I have with it is the extraordinary amount of electricity it seems to useā€"since beginning use of the heater, my electric bills have been much higher than they were even when I used my former, larger space heater. In addition, I virtually never use it on the "fan only" setting because of how loud the fan isā€"on its other settings though it is almost completely silent. It is also convenient that it has a handle to ease carrying it between rooms, and is generally quite compact and easy to store away, since I only use it about two months out of the year. Overall, quite a good spae heater, and warms rooms surprisingly well.

Date created: 2012-07-20 Location: Saint Paul, MN

"Review of the Lasko Ceramic Heater"
I've owned this space heater for about a year and a half now. I live in a space apartment so what I like about this space heater is that, especially for its size, it does a phenomenal job heating up my entire place. It's also quiet enough and small enough that you can easily conceal it under another piece of furniture if you decide you don't want it right out in the open. The only thing I dislike about it is, is that sometimes it can be temperamental (no pun intended) and refuse to turn on. Usually I have to plug it in a couple of times before it'll turn on when this happens but that's the only complaint and problem I've had with it. If I wanted to replace a part of it, I would probably end up just buying another space heater as the cost was low enough. However, I would definitely purchase this space heater again for the extreme quality it provides.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Location: tampa, fl

"This is a great heater. I would recommend this heater to anyone. Its light weight and easy to carry"
I have had this heater for about 2 years. When I bought it I was suprised. It didn't cost much, fairly cheap. It looks sleek and It has digital display and you can control the temp. with a touch of a button. Also comes with a remote, so you can control the temp from a distance. I like the design of this heater. It takes up very little space and warms up the basement. It runs very quietly and blows heat evenly. It is also energy efficient. It is really light weight but stable. It has a great handle so it is really easy to move

Date created: 2012-05-24 Location: Tampa, FL

"This is a review of my Heat Personal Heater by Lasko Products that I purchased from Walmart"
I purchased this space heater 12 months ago. I have not had to replace it and it works very well. Like: This thing heats up my room nice and warm, Its a small room, but it does wonders near my desk. Dislike: One thing I should note though, the price in store was way cheaper then what the online price was retailing for which I don't really understand, so compare prices between your local store and Walmart.com to see which is the better buy. This purchase was worth every penny and more now I won't be cold each morning. This is a great product and works really well if you have a small area you need to heat. I would definitely recommend this....Lasko is a good brand, Great price for a nice, small portable heater.

Date created: 2012-05-22 Location: Philadelphia, Pa

"Lasko Tower Heaters Towards Above The Cold"
I bought this heater 2 years ago when my home heating system failed. I must say that I was only using for a temporary fix but it ended up a permanent item in my household. I originally picked this model because of the sale price it displays at my local home improvement store. After my first week of use I realized it held more value than I thought. It's compact so I was able to move from room to room where I see fit. It also packs a good kick to heat up a room in a short time. I loved the digital display that shows the temperature and fan speed. It also came with a remote control which I wasn't aware of when purchased. Working in my home office the remote comes in handy. Works like new even to this day. Moved around my household a lot and it withstood the bumps and bruises. If I had to name a problem the only one I can see is the energy use. I do believe it uses a lot more electric than I intended. Overall this product is great and I would recommend to anyone looking purchasing a item of this sort.

Date created: 2012-05-21 Location: Vashon, WA

"Excellent heater, not the best for small children"
This is an excellent little space heater, can keep a large room well heated. Used everyday through this last winter with no issues. The only thing I would say is it can get quite hot to the touch, so be careful with little ones. Overall I would recommend this heater, great quality for a small price.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Location: Charlotte, NC

"Excellent Heater"
I have owned this heater for the past 5 to 6 months now and I am very satisfied with the overall production of this heater. The adjustable thermostat was an absolute must when I looked for a space heater and this model has a range of 65 to 85 with a "max" option with 5 degree increments. It also oscillates, so you know the room will get a quick coverage of heat. The only downside I found, which did not happen too often, was that the thermostat sometimes did not work correctly. For example, if I had the settings at 65 degrees, the heater would continue to run even if the room was above 75 degrees. And since I used it for my bedroom, I had to get up in the middle of the night and shut it off. However, overall, I was very pleased with my purchase. I never had to replace or repair this model because it worked very well. If I had to purchase another space heater from Lasko, I would. It heated my room very well and I was very pleased. I would recommend this make and model to anyone that needs a medium sized room warm and cozy.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Location: York, PA

"Lasko Model Number 5572 Review"
I have had my Lasko space heater for about one year now, and I couldn't be more satisfied with it. The heater does a wonderful job of heating large rooms such as basements and open areas, and the functions on the space heater are second to none. I have been especially pleased with the various modes such as continual run, timed run, and temperature controlled shut off. I like how the space heater displays the current temperature in the room. It is very safe, and it has a timer that you can set it to run for any amount of time up to 8 hours at a time. I also like the oscillating feature, which allows the warm air to circulate throughout the room. The heater is not too loud when it's turned on, and it is very energy efficient. It has allowed me to cut my heating costs by about 50 dollars per month. There is nothing I dislike about the heater. It has never had any issues, and I would definitely buy it again if given the chance. I've already recommended it to my parents who are looking for a new space heater to heat an area that was once a two car garage and was converted into a den. It's a great buy, and for $65 it will not break the bank.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Location: Maplewood NJ

"Keeps me warm. Can't Complain."
I have owned this space heater for four months now and so far it has not done me wrong. Some things I like about this heater are how warm it can get. No matter how cold it's been were I live this space heater has managed to keep any medium sized room I put it in at a comfortable temperature. Another feature I like is it's adjustable thermostat. The three setting thermostat has managed to meet every heating requirement I have needed so far. I have not had to choose between being to "hot" or to "cold." Another thing I like about this space heater is the cost. I got this heater for only $25 which is pretty cheap compared to how much other space heaters can go for. One thing I dislike about this space heater is how the thermostat only has three temperatures. Although I can't complain to much because I'm never to hot or cold it would be nice to have a a few more options. I have never had to replace this space heater and if I had to I would buy this same one again. I would also recommend it to a friend who was in need of a cheap space heater.