Consumer Reviews of Holmes space heaters

#23  of 39 brands of space heaters

Read reviews of other Space Heater brands

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: K.C.

"Safety Risk"
I purchased a Holmes ceramic space heater for home use and have been very dissatisfied! The product stopped working and made a "rattling" noise after about 9 months of use. After it stopped working completely, I opened the unit to find bare wires and oxidized copper. The area where wires were connected appeared dark and burned. Obviously, this unit was a safety risk to my family. When I contacted customer service to alert them to the problem (not asking for anything from them) the response I received was that the warranty was void because I opened it. I was not trying to get a replacement, but wanted them to be aware of a safety issue. They were kind enough to offer a link to other "Holmes" heaters I could purchase. I won't buy one again. It is not worth putting my family at risk of injury or damage from fire!

Date created: 2012-08-03 Location: Atlanta, Georgia

"A space heater that heats an entire room and also reduces monthly heating bills."
Overall I am very happy with the space heater I purchased several years ago, which was manufactured by Holmes. I was a little hesitant about buying this product initially, because I had never purchased anything from the Holmes line before. However, I was very surprised at how well this space heater heated an entire room, despite being so small. I originally purchased the heater back in 2005, and I initially purchased it to use in my office. During the entire time I have owned this heater, I have never had to have it repaired or needed to order a new part. The original price for the heater was thirty five dollars, but I was fortunate enough to catch it on sale and paid about twenty five percent less. I originally bought this heater as a supplement to my main heating unit, however I now use it as my primary heating source during the winter months. Because of this, I have seen my winter heating bill drop by almost forty five dollars per month. If any of my friends needed a recommendation for a space heater, I would definitely recommend this model and brand.

Date created: 2012-08-01 Location: Monterey, CA

"The Only One You'll Ever Need To Buy"
I've had the 1 Touch for over 7 years now. It was a Christmas gift from a relative and it's definitely been "the gift that keeps on giving". I get cold really easily, even on certain evenings during the warmer months. This space heater has been so convenient. Instead of having to turn on the heat in the entire house (and wasting extra energy heating rooms that are not even occupied), I can put the 1 Touch near me and turn it on. It gives me that blast of direct heat that makes me feel warmer in no time. It has an automatic shut off so there's no need to monitor it (it's temperature sensitive). It was also reactivate when it senses it needs to do so. There are several temperature settings (which you can set by degrees or "HI/LO"). I've really put this thing through the ringer but it's managed to survive everything and continue to work without any problems. It's incredibly lightweight which makes it easy to cart around with you too. I highly recommend it.

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Tulsa, OK

"Warm and Toasty, All The Time"
I purchased my Holmes Tower Quartz heater nearly a year ago and have had ZERO problems. I've never had to do any repairs or maintenance. My favorite feature of the space heater is the whisper quiet nature, sometimes you forget it is even on. But, if you do manage to forget, it has an automatic shutoff setting to help prevent any hazards. It is designed to be very portable and works great when you just put it in the corner of a room and aim it at a large open space. I've used it to heat areas from 100 square feet all the way up to a 600 square feet room. However, the best part of it all is that it is actually cheaper for me to run my Space Heater than it is to run my furnace. All in all Holmes has put out an incredible product, and I will be purchasing another of the line once this one dies out, if it ever does.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Location: Dallas, TX.

"Space Heater Review"
I have used this space heater for about a year and half. I didnt purchase this heater, it was already at my desk. it is underneath my desk and I use it throughout the summer as well as the winter because I am always cold and my office is usually uncomfortable cold. I know it's a fire hazard but worth the risk as far as im concerned. i usually keep the setting on low because the high setting tends to get too hot. It's in a small confined space so it gets warm really quickly, im not sure how well it would work if it was in a much larger or open area. It is fairly small and portable which I like in case I move offices. It has never given me issues or broken down although I do not understand all the temperature settings.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Washington DC

"Excellent source of heat and air!"
I have had this space heater for about 3 years now and I have never had any issues with it. It is small, compact and it meets my expectations. It gives out enough heat to warm up your standard master bedroom and provides enough air to cool a child's bedroom. The only con is that it doesn't give the amount of air I would like but I just place the device closer to me when more comfort is needed. It is portable and I have used it just about everywhere I have gone in regards to traveling. I have never needed to repair or replace it. It has a very compact and sturdy design unlike most fans. I bought 3 for my home and bout 2 for my parent's home. I would recommend this product to a friend as it is a very clean, sleek , maintainable fan/heater and I think everyone should use it.

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Alexandria, VA

"You get what you pay for"
I purchased this space heater from Target in January after moving into my new apartment. It wasn't the cheapest model on the shelf, but it wasn't the most expensive either. It worked relatively well for about three days, though it had a very limited range. Very shortly after purchase (within the first week) I was getting ready for bed and turned the heater on to warm up my room. The heater turned on/the power indicator lit, but no heat was being produced. I tried unplugging and moving the cord to a different outlet, but nothing helped.

Date created: 2012-02-27 Location: Dallas, TX

"Holmes Twin Ceramic with Thermostat"
I have owned a Holmes Twin Ceramic 1Heater for at least five years. The heater is a small light grey 1500 Watt device that includes a control thermostat and two settings for high and low. Even though it is small it can heat a whole room. The design of the heater, with two elements, allows it to disperse heat to provide a broad range of coverage. It also has a safety shut-off system that automatically kicks in when the room reaches the thermostat's temperature. Even when the heater is running at full blast, the outside cover stays cool. I really like the heater because it is easy to adjust the intensity of the heat and the knobs are easy to move. It is also small enough to under a well-ventilated desk area. I have never had to repair the heater and it has never had any electrical problems. I would recommend this Holmes model to anyone looking for a low-priced and safe portable heater.

Date created: 2012-02-27 Location: Muskogee, Ok.

"The Holmes Intouch Space Heater"
We have owned our Holmes Intouch heater for about three years now, and have been very happy with it. It provides a good, even heat with multiple heat settings. It also oscillates to better warm the whole room. The heater allows us to warm up one room without pushing furnace temperature higher for the entire house. Unlike some units we have owned, this heater has a larger base and is much more stable. This is fortunate since the unit is rather short and we set it on a stool to raise the unit off the ground. We have five specific temperature choices on the Intouch as well as low and high. The heater also has two fan speeds, which may be set independent. We often set it on a high fan speed when there are more people in the room, but low if there is just one of us. The only think I the unit is missing is a remote control to turn the unit on and off. All in all we have been very happy with the unit.

Date created: 2012-02-13 Location: Keizer, Oregon

"Nice Little Space Heater"
We bought this space heater about four years ago when our furnace went out during the winter. We were very happy to have found it. We like that it ocillates in a wide arc and also that it has a remote control. It also looks much nicer than old-fashioned space-heaters in that it has a sleek, vertical profile. We appreciate that it has a room temperature digital display on the top which is slightly slanted forward to be easily read from a few feet away. Neither of us are very tech-savvy and we often find ourselves fumbling with the remote control in an attempt to figure out what setting we want. We really need to study the manual that it came with. Also it would be nice if it would stay on "heating-up" mode longer than it does. It has a tendancy to shut itself off before we're truly warm. That's probably a safety feature, though we feel it's a bit extreme. We've never had to have it repaired. We'd buy it again and certainly recommend it to friends.