Modine Space HeatersWrite a review of Modine
Although Modine heaters are primarily designed for commercial and industrial applications, the company offers its Hot Dawg heater as a low-profile, gas-fired residentially-certified heater. The unit comes in either power-vented or separated-combustion models with input ranging from 30,000 to 125,000 BTUs.
Modine specializes in commercial applications, although the Hot Dawg heater is residentially certified for use in garages and workshops. The separated combustion unit is said to be especially popular in wood shops because of its easy maintenance and durability in dusty conditions; a power-exhausted option also is available. The Hot Dawg runs on natural or propane gas and is temperature controlled with a thermostat.
The company’s commercial-use certified heaters include gas-fired, steam, electric and oil options. Each kind has a wide variety of special types with a host of features geared to specific applications. A few examples include:
- Electric heaters designed for easy maintenance, installation in tricky areas and protection in dangerous industrial environments from flammable gasses;
- Gas-fired power vented unit heaters with 80 percent thermal efficiency that can be field-converted to work with propane;
- Separated combustion heaters specially designed for use where the air could be contaminated with chemicals or just high humidity. They are available as high- or low-intensity ceramic infrared heaters for use in unvented buildings;
- Steam heaters in power throw, horizontal and vertical options; and
- One oil heater, a horizontal unit.
Founded in 1916, Modine Manufacturing Co. holds 2000 patents and operates on two continents. Revenues in 2012 totaled $1.376 billion, with 10 percent of those sales attributed to the company’s Commercial Products Division, which includes HVAC system sales.
Modine claims to make customer satisfaction its priority. It also has pursued trade internationally and defines its corporate vision not only to be the most competitive and profitable company they can be, but also to include citizenship and responsibility.
1500 DeKoven Avenue
Racine, WI 53403-2552
Phone: (262) 636-1200
The Hot Dawg heater comes with a 10-year warranty on its heat exchanger. For details on commercial product warranties, contact your Modine dealer.