Weil-McLain BoilersWeil Mclain Boiler Reviews
Read Weil Mclain Furnace Reviews
Write a review of WEIL-MCLAIN
Weil-McLain makes residential and commercial boilers, water heaters, air conditioners, furnaces, air handlers and hydronic heating systems. Weil-McLain is owned by SPX Corporation (NYSE:SPW) and is headquartered in Michigan City, IN.
SPX's Thermal Equipment and Services division, of which Weil-McLain is a part, posted revenues of $1.6 billion in 2011. Weil-McLain has manufacturing plants in Michigan City, Ind., and Eden, N.C. The company reportedly employs 700 people worldwide.
Weil-McLain was founded and operated in 1881 by two brothers under the name Weil Brothers. In 1918 the brothers bought out one of their suppliers, JH McLain company, and renamed the company Weil-McLain. United Dominion purchased Weil-McLain in 1993, and SPX Corporation purchased Weil-McLain in 2001.
The company has continued to expand since then, most recently with the 2006 acquisition of Chinese boiler manufacturer Taishan Maeda Boiler Co. The company also continues to invest in new products and technology; SPX notes in its most recent annual report that the company has spent a total of $77.6 million in 2011 on research and development programs geared toward updating existing product lines and manufacturing techniques.
Weil-McLain includes in its product line-up 80 and 90 percent AFUE furnaces, 13 SEER air conditioners and coils, and hydronic air handlers. The company offers a wide range of boilers, including the Weil-Mclain Ultra, a high-efficiency condensing gas and oil boiler.
How to find an HVAC Contractor
FurnaceCompare's free Find a Contractor tool can help you find qualified pre-screened contractors. Every contractor in our database has been screened for a clean credit and legal history, and has been in business for at least three years.
999 Mclintock Dr.
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Weil-McLain offers a variety of warranties specific to each unique boiler. Among them are the following:
GV90 Gas Boiler
- Residential Warranty: 20 years on primary heat exchanger, five years on secondary heat exchanger, two years on all other parts
- Commercial Warranty: 10 years on primary heat exchanger, five years on secondary heat exchanger, one year on all other parts
WM97 Gas Boiler
- Residential Warranty: 12 years on the heat exchanger, two years on all other parts
- Commercial Warranty: 12 years on the heat exchanger, one year on all other parts
Ultra Gas Cast Aluminum Boilers
- Residential Warranty: Limited 15 Year (comes with a free 5-year parts and labor warranty)
- Commercial Warranty: Limited 15 Year (does not come with 5-year parts and labor warranty)
Registration is not needed to claim warranty benefits, but proof of original date of purchase will be required.