Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Chris
Location: Winston Salem, NC

"DON'T BUY YORK!"
Surprised to read there are any positive comments about York. We bought a newly built house in 2006, and thought we were safe with the 10-year warranty on the compressor and 5-year warranty on rest of the parts but started having trouble with the heat pump in 2009 when it was only 3 years old; that service call was $225. This year, during one of our heat waves in August, the unit wouldn't run longer than 2 minutes. Couldn't find an authorized York serviceman in the phone book, but was able to get someone from a nearby town to come repair it same day. $600 later, after replacing the capacitor and fan motor, still trying to get reimbursed from York even though the unit is STILL UNDER WARRANTY. My advice, DON'T BUY YORK! Go with Trane or Carrier.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: L. Queral

"Terrible product nowadays"
Unit in service 10 years and is on it's THIRD leaky coil and now needs a fourth. Called York customer service in Phoenixville 2 days ago, left a message for Customer Service to please call me back and still no call 48 hours later. What happened to these people? York was a respected name at one time. Is it because they are using cheap foreign parts and labor? Does ANYONE make a decent product nowadays?

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: G. Staton

"Very Satisfied"
Have had heat pump for 23 years. Spent very little on it. Just a transformer and a couple of controls. Never has needed freon or compressor. Don't know about the newer ones.

Date created: 2010-07-09 Name: Todd Armstrong

I have put over 2k in maintenance into this one 4 ton unit in 4 years. Worst part is York doesn't really seem to care. I am still fighting them but have had to replace the unit with another brand.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: D. Black Jr

"Get what you pay for."
Bought my house with a York 10 seer heat pump installed. It was a lower end unit when installed, but has been a very good unit for the past 8 years. It lasted 3 years beyond the warranty, which is pretty good in my opinion. Changed the filters regularly, had the coils cleaned at least every other year, and only recently the inside coils have rusted and developed a leak.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Kathleen

"Kathleen"
Our heat pump is 17 years old and only 2 repairs within the 17 years. One was a mole chewed the power line coming in so can't blame that on York. The second repair was just done recently and it was a switch that was inexpensive. I am looking to replace it because of the tax credit.

Date created: 2010-06-20 Name: Donald Fox

"Mr."
I purchased my York heat pump four years ago and now it is costing me in labor expense. The unit was discounted according to the company that installed it. Now, York is sending a piece at a time and the labor may exceed the replacement cost.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: D. Chizmar

"2 ton inside and outside units"
I have been extremely satisfied with my York heat pump. I haven't put more than $350.00 in repairs in the 30 years that I owned it. I believe that proper sizing and installation had a lot to do with the longevity of the unit. A good York dealer, like I have, is very important too.

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: S. Layton

"York head pump"
You might want to take a look at who installed your York and not at York itself. I've had the same two 3 ton York heat pumps for 22 years and needed service twice. I'll be looking for another York if these ever fail.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: John Norvaisas

"Decent York"
The unit is still running. Leaks some water on my basement floor. Sometimes but the old system is hanging in.