Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Whirlpool heat pumps

Date created: 2012-09-24 Name: keith Cowart

"Replace Old Trane With New 16 Seer"
Replace old Trane with new 16 seer 2 speed compressor heat pump. Works great runs on low speed around 75% of time.

Date created: 2012-07-20 Name: Tim Hall

"Multiple problems with new package unit"
I had a 4 ton wgph45449 Installed September 2011. That winter, a part failed and they had to replace a part. Now, this summer, the techs have been out three times to fix the unit and it still won't work right. It runs fine for a couple of days, then starts blowing warm air and does not cycle off and on properly. They have replaces some valve, fixed loose insulation and other work but I still have the same problem. Luckily, it is still under the 1 year labor warranty,(parts for 10 years) but what happens after that? I would not purchase a Whirlpool unit again.

Date created: 2011-11-23 Location: Orlando, Florida

"Great Heat Pump. A++++ Highly Recommend."
I bought this a few weeks ago to replace my aging lpg heater. I am not a fan of ge products, so I decided to buy this one. Hot water is perfect, fills up a garden tub full of hot water and there's enough for someone else to take a shower. Electric bill is maybe $8-12 more a month for my 2100 sq ft house. The only problem I had was installing it into the old spot were my water heater was. This one is like 2 feet higher than my other one and I had a 2x4 beam blocking the way for me to put it in. And electrical wiring wasn't to bad, just added a 30 amp line from my breaker box that's 10 feet away. I definitely recommend this!

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: Hanover, PA

"Whirlpool GoldĀ® brand WGHP43"
We have had our heat pump for only a little more than three months, but we love it so far. It is very quiet and efficient and has a small profile. It takes the chill off of the room in 5-10 minutes and the room is toasty and warm within 20-30 minutes. So far, we are happy that we haven't encountered any issues or needs for repair with the heat pump. We have another old heat pump in our basement and we are considering replacing that next year with another Whirlpool heat pump. It was a bit pricey and a bit over the budget we originally were aiming for, but it is quite energy efficient and we have not seen an increase in our electric bills, so we are pleased with the extra expense. I would definitely recommend buying this model, or at least one from Whirlpool, if you are considering replacing your heat pump.

Date created: 2011-05-18 Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Amazing Product, Recommended"
I picked this pump up about a month ago to replace my aging lpg heater. I am not a fan of GE products, so I decided to buy this one. Hot water is great, fills up a garden tub full of hot water and there's enough for someone else to take a shower. Electric bill is maybe $8-12 more a month for my 2100 sq ft house. The only problem I had was installing it into the old spot were my water heater was. This one is like 2 feet higher than my other one and I had a 2x4 beam blocking the way for me to put it in. And electrical wiring wasn't too bad, just added a 30 amp line from my breaker box that's 10 feet away. I definitely recommend this to a friend because it has been nothing but great to me. It was a little pricey but it was very much worth the money. I would consider buying this again if I ever move into a new house.