Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: Jessica
Location: Ijamsville, MD

"Don't do it!"
Our home has a 3-year old Trane heat pump to cool and heat the upstairs. We have to call for service every six months and it's always something expensive. The TXV or some-such twice, a few things in between, and now the motor! The downstairs heat pump is 20 years old and never a problem! Trane is horrible. We plan to dump this unit and purchase something better.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: Doesnt matter
Location: VA

"biggest over rated junk on market"
First off let me start by saying that i work for an HVAC CO and i see these units everyday. I have installed 4 of Tranes heatpumps for family members in the past 10 years and every one of these units have failed numerous times. I see the warranty parts delivered to the company i work for on a daily basis and can assure whoever is reading this that buying a TRANE system WILL be a mistake. Trane has let the quality of the equipment they sell go down hill. Save your money and buy another brand. Dont always believe what you see on tv TRANE just plain SUCKS.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: rosalind marie
Location: alabama

"trane 2 ton losers"
I have two of these units, plenty of trouble in the seven years I have owned them, (new home installed by builder). Now at 7 years, they both crap out. inner coil leak on one, have not had service call on other yet. I will cannibalize one of these losers, stick the junk leftover in my garage for parts and buy one other brand.

Date created: 2011-05-24 Name: Susan Hinson
Location: South Carolina

"Don't buy a Trane"
5 years ago we needed to replace our heat pump. We went with a Trane because we had believed it to be the best. We have to have it fixed every year since we had it installed. The second year we had it, the computer went out the hottest week of the year.Even though the warranty covered the $1000 bill, we had to suffer without air for 2 weeks. I live in South Carolina where the summers are very hot. I regret ever buying a Trane. I would never recommend it to my friends. Their slogan needs to be changed from "Its hard to stop a Trane" to "Its hard to stop a Trane from breaking"

Date created: 2011-05-14 Name: Bill D. Bailey
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR.

"Trane Problems"
I had a Trane 16i 5 ton heat pump installed in my home in AR. and so far have had to replace the plantom (sp)because of a gas leak and now have to replace the compressor. This unit is only about 3 years old. Have been told to replace the compressor is going to cost me $500.00 for labor. Have also been told the gas leak caused the bad compressor. I'm not sure if I would ever buy Trane again.

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: D. Manley
Location: NC

"25 years old !"
We have 2 Trane heat pumps installed the year our house was built, 1986. No problems until recently. Upstairs is not cooling. These units are 5 Seer, outdated & inefficient by today's standards. For now, a window air conditioner in our bedroom is working well while we shop around for new units. I see many people recommend proper installation. So far I have 2 quotes for 15 Seer. Trane is $1400 more than Bryant, both include 10 year warranty on parts AND LABOR. Both will install new duct work, pull 2 permits and arrange for 2 city inspections. I checked both companies online with the Better Business Bureau. Both are licensed with no complaints filed in the past 3 years. One is in business 10 years, the other 4 years, this info. provided by BBB. With spending $11,000--$13,000 for 2 new units, I'm taking my time to research as much as possible. I have one more company coming tomorrow with quotes. RESEARCH before making a big investment !

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Chris Metz
Location: Jacksonville FL

"Not Satisfied."
Have two XB12 units. The first had a compressor failure at the 4 year mark. The second units compressor failed at the 5 year mark. Both expansion valves failed at 5 years. When they work they are good units just made with poor substandard materials.

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: C.Cape
Location: Bowie, MD

"People who are not happy shouldn't blame Trane"
Bottom line... My bill dropped $60-$80 a month. It has a 10 year parts and labor warranty. I got a huge tax break. My electric company cut me a check for "going green". and If you are having issues, I put the house on it that it is because of a bad install and not the unit itself. Get a tried and true pro to do the install and come off of the $60. a year for the service contract.

Date created: 2011-04-16 Name: Watson
Location: Beaufor County N,C.

"Hard to START a Trane"
I have a XL 15 for about 4 yrs now. First the fan motor went out but was covered under warranty. The the TXV stopped up and killed my compressor. Two years later leak. And yesterday the varable speed blower motor module went out. Too much money for so many problems. Believe it or not I miss my old nordyne

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Conyers, GA

"XL20i Pumps Up the Jam!"
I've had my XL20i for about 4 years now. I like this brand because it gets the job done. I've never had a problem. The XL20i keeps me toasty in the winter and other than that I never really notice it. I don't think about it except when it kicks in on cold nights and I feel a -- literal -- warm sensation of gratitude from head to toe. There's nothing like coming in from a chilly, wet night and snuggling up in a warm house. I feel fine leaving the house to go out for the day or off for the weekend knowing that my cats will be safe with the heat on. I would definitely buy this brand again. Installation went fine. The guy came, brought the heat pump, set it up and left. No worries. My bills aren't outrageous either. I've read that it has a pretty good energy saving rating too.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>