Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-11-24 Name: KESH
Location: Novi, MI

"Set a house on Fire"
A Trane heat pump set a house on fire. In this home was a beautiful German Shepherd mother... the mother of my German Shepherd. She passed away in this fire caused by Trane's heat pump because this product is crap. Do not buy this product if you want to keep your house in one piece.

Date created: 2011-11-23 Location: Oxford, Ms

"The jingle is "Nothing can stop a Trane" -- that's almost right."
This may be the best value for money I have ever had. I've had it for 27 years and the compressor is still going strong. I think I'm on the margin of where the climate is "heat pump suitable", Northern Mississippi, but it works here. There have been repairs -- a blower motor after 20 years and two cooling fan motors from that time time to a couple of years ago. Total cost was under $600. Would I be happier if I hadn't had those expenses? Yes, but the compressor is still doing it. Did I get a bargain? Absolutely. Their trademark is "Nothing can stop a Trane" and as far as I can tell, from the standpoint of the compressor, that is about right. I think it was a great buy; even if it had to replace it tomorrow. I don't know about the quality of what they make now, but in the mid-'80's they were spot on.

Date created: 2011-11-13 Name: A. Long
Location: Frdereicksburg, VA

"Good Product"
Excellent performance and economical to own.

Date created: 2011-11-01 Name: R. Massengale
Location: Greenville, SC

"I have a Trane heat pump unit"
I have a Trane heat pump unit that is 20 years old (Manufacturing 1991). It is less efficient (don't know seer) than the new ones but I have spent only $160 on it for a bad board at one time about 8 years ago. No charging issues or leaks. It is a 2-ton unit, heats and cools great but just not as efficient. Not sure whether to look at replacing it or just run it until it breaks.

Date created: 2011-10-27 Name: C. Ford
Location: Summerfield, NC

"Trane Weatherton Heat Pump"
My Trane heat pump, which is less than five years old, had a motor for the fan to go out in less than 2 years. This past summer (2011) the compressor burned up. Both these items were under warranty. However, my total labor charges were approximately $1,200. I wrote to Mr. David R. Pannier, President, Residential Systems and explained this by certified mail. This letter was completely ignored. I talked with the local Manager, named Terri _________, who was very cool and unsympathetic. She said, "I'm sorry you feel that way," not I'm sorry this happened. I was given the impression that I bought it, and if it went bad, so what? My advice to everyone planning to install a heat pump to go to another brand.

Date created: 2011-10-07 Name: Barbara Johnson
Location: Durham, NC

"XL Series Weathertron Heat Pump"
I am very dissatisfied with the quality of the unit. On December 9, 2008 I had to replace the heater bank which had completely failed. Today, October 7, 2012, I found out that I have to replace the compressor and pay for a much higher labor cost. The heater bank was made by Honeywell, manufactured in China. After I called Ingersoll Rand, the parent company of Trane, I found out that the new compressor is manufactured in Mexico. I emphasized the importance of quality control. If that is neglected by Trane again, this unit 4TWX4024B1000AA will be my last purchase of a Trane heat pump! I expect more from Trane!

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Pete
Location: Atlanta, GA

Trane heat pump, lots of advertising, not very much quality or service!!!!!

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: judyb154
Location: Sylacauga alabama

"Trouble again"
I have had my Trane about 3 or 4 years and it has been nothing but TROUBLE, repair after repair. My neighbor bought one about the same time I did and his has been problem after problem as well. I will never again buy a Trane and anyone that is looking to buy one, I will greatly discourage them in purchasing one. As of today mine is torn up again and they are coming tomorrow to fix it again. Trane use to be a good product, but now it's worthless. I am tired of paying to get it fixed and waiting on them to fix it. So if you are looking to buy a Trane, look the other way!

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: ted
Location: central fla

"evaporator coil failure"
I have working on these for over 20 years. it used to be you put in a trane or american standard and never went back for a service problem. Not any more, failure after failure of the evaporator coils is a joke in the industry. I have been to some customers three times for same problem. When warranty expires they will pay thousands for new coils that will fail as fast as I can put em in. I am now recommending carrier or goodman with ten year warranty parts and labor. I can't look buyer in face and say trane anymore. They are god awful.

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: Mays
Location: Jacksonville

"I will look pass the trane systems"
When it is time to looking for a new a/c unit, I will look pass the trane systems. This is my experience. I have a 3.5 ton 14 seer unit, one of their best at the time of purchase. I replaced my old 20 year trane with a new trane (Junk). I had this system for 3 years 6 months , had to replace the blower fan for a labor coast of $500.00. Now my cooling coil has a leak, replacement labor coast $600.00 and was told my compositor ($) was at 88% and trane will not replace any part until it fail completely . I call the trane office asking for help. I explained that this unit get regular maintenance by licensed contractors. The help I got from trane was no help! This will be my last trane after searching the internet. I have found that I am not the only one with junk.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>