Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-02-07 Name: A. Pirrone
Location: Poquoson, VA

"Horrible system"
I purchased a 13 seer Trane system 10 years ago and had it installed in a new custom built home. I have replaced every part on this system since. The compressor just died and fortunately I had purchased a Home warranty program to pay for the compressor. I would only endorse this product to a Marina as I am sure the heat pump would make a great boat anchor. By the way, if you want to "stop a Trane" come to my house and turn on the thermostat.

Date created: 2013-01-25 Name: P. TURPIN
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC

"THE TURPINS OF LAKE NORMAN"
Unit still going strong. We replaced our old Carrier unit with a Trane in 1995. Our present service company has kept our unit running great. We have it serviced/checked in the spring and fall for a reasonable fee. Yes, we have had a few breakdowns common for it's age. Such as replacing the refrigerant valve in the summer and occasionally adding the necessary freon when it gets low. But overall after 18 years, the unit still runs fine. If it finally breaks down tomorrow, we will buy another one. This model was the cheapest one that was sold at the time in 1995,the seer rating being at 13.35)

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: Frank
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Great Product"
My Trane is 15 years old. Had it serviced the first 2 years and then never again. This winter (2013) it ran very low on Freon. Cost me $340. If it keeps running I'm going to keep it. After reading so many bad reviews on Trane, Carrier, etc I'm afraid to buy a new one. I know mine is not as efficient as a new one but I'd rather pay foe electric than have constant repairs.

Date created: 2013-01-20 Name: G Jones
Location: Eastman, GA

"4WCY4048B1"
When the temperature drops to freezing, this unit puts out the worst scent. I had the repairman here to check it out and he said it's called "dirty sock syndrome." Because they can't find the cause. It never smelt like this with our old unit. We paid a lot of money for this heat pump and I will never recommend a Trane to anyone. This scent will even wake me up at night; it's that strong!

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: k dobbs
Location: hixson tn

"Never ever get another Trane"
I will never ever recommend a trane I have a heat and air unit and it's least then a 1yr old and I have at least called a repair man out to fix something at least once a month

Date created: 2012-12-21 Name: Pissed off Momma
Location: Hot Texas

"Don't waste your time & money!"
If your hvac repair budget is the national debt, then you "can't stop a trane". Don't waste your time & money!!! I have had more dates with the repair man than my husband over the past 7 years!! Spent more $$$$ on paying him also. If you really want to know what I think.

Date created: 2012-12-12 Name: renee hoffman
Location: frederica delaware

"AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!"
Brand new unit installed August 17, 2012 air conditioner noisy heat pump went out ten times repair man out ten times still not fixed. Cant find a number for trane will never buy again or recommend I will be calling better business bureau.

Date created: 2012-12-01 Name: Jon Doe
Location: Ga

"Bull Shit!!!!"
I bought my Trane in 2002 and it has been giving me trouble ever since I've had it. I replaced over 10 years 4 compressors and they keep going out and I'm tired of spending money on something that doesn't work. Calling different air conditioning people come out and charge ridiculous prices and I also replaced fan motor and compressor. I wouldn't never buy another Trane unit because they are not worth a damn!!!!!

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Dan E.
Location: Greensboro, NC

"It's a Lemon"
Have had a 5 ton dual fuel seer 12 for 7 years. Have replaced the mother board twice, the coil this past August, and now the compressor is gone. Told the technician to get the piece of junk off my property. Damn what's left of the warranty. I'm installing a Goodman! It's not hard to stop a Trane, but it is hard to make a Trane run.

Date created: 2012-11-05 Name: Richard W Clason
Location: Lubbock, TX

"Dual fuel heat pump"
I had my house built in 1993 with a Trane Dual Fuel heat pump system installed. I have had no problems with the system but the thermostat just went out. Ridiculous price to replace a simple thermostat --- $250.00. Since it is only a 10 seer rating, I am considering replacing the unit. The only drawback is the cost versus reviews. With the reviews I have read, any and all systems are only worth about 10% of what is charged.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>