Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Dan E.
Location: Greensboro, NC

"It's a Lemon"
Have had a 5 ton dual fuel seer 12 for 7 years. Have replaced the mother board twice, the coil this past August, and now the compressor is gone. Told the technician to get the piece of junk off my property. Damn what's left of the warranty. I'm installing a Goodman! It's not hard to stop a Trane, but it is hard to make a Trane run.

Date created: 2012-11-05 Name: Richard W Clason
Location: Lubbock, TX

"Dual fuel heat pump"
I had my house built in 1993 with a Trane Dual Fuel heat pump system installed. I have had no problems with the system but the thermostat just went out. Ridiculous price to replace a simple thermostat --- $250.00. Since it is only a 10 seer rating, I am considering replacing the unit. The only drawback is the cost versus reviews. With the reviews I have read, any and all systems are only worth about 10% of what is charged.

Date created: 2012-09-27 Name: Lee Vance
Location: Logan, West Virginia

"Don't buy from guyan heating and cooling, Logan, wv don't want to honor warranty"
My trane heat pump is 2 years old, the fan motor has burned up and cannot get them to stand by their warranty. Initially when they thought it was gonna be a profit for them they were really excited about replacing it, once they realized it was warranty work they are putting me off not answering the phone or returning calls because they say trane corp. can't find a fan to ship. I highly recommend go with another brand and do not let guyan heating and cooling do the work. If your from southern West Virginia go with a different company. Guyan Heating and Cooling is a very unprofessional company and very unreliable.

Date created: 2012-09-20 Name: CB
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

"TRANE does not stand behind product!"
Had a trane heat pump on a rental property for 8 years. It's on its 4th compressor, 3rd fan, dropped freon once, had some expensive valve break, lost a resistor pack. All different calls. I have not had to pay for some of it as it is under warranty but have had to pay plenty of labor to the tune of $3,000!!!!! And guess what? TRANE will stand behind their product even though I have had 10 service calls in 8 years. Piece of junk, and the company is a piece of work. If I had the time I'd sue using the state's lemon law but I'm waiting for one more breakdown which I am SURE will come.

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Steve Carter

"WILL NOT COOL HOME"
I have had this 4 ton in my home for 8 years now and every year the service folks say it is doing all it can. It is a sorry excuse for an air conditioner and I will never own another heat pump or Trane product.

Date created: 2012-07-14 Name: John
Location: Peoria,Az

"Trane Stop"
Built home in 2000 and was convinced to install Trane high efficiency units by my vendors. As an Architect, I went high-end. I cannot tell you how many parts have been changed most under the warranty which is now long gone. Now, as I sit here writing, it's 108 degrees and my 5 ton unit compressor is dead. It's the second one. Have dumped more money into this one unit than all of my AC units in the past combined. You cannot even buy big parts for it they have locked the consumer out. Never spec a Trane.

Date created: 2012-07-10 Name: R Benke
Location: Flippin, Arkansas

"Great service life"
A 2 ton Trane was installed when I built my home in Arkansas in 1996. I first had a problem this year July, 2012. The condenser fan failed. I guess this post speaks for itself. It has worked flawlessly for 16 years, both heating and cooling. I am replacing the unit this year for a higher seer to save on operating costs. Am looking into both Trane and Carrier units.

Date created: 2012-07-01 Name: Greg Alford
Location: Dyersburg, TN

"TRANE WRECK"
Purchased 12/07 in upgrading an old but fully functioning heat pump, then moved from house in June 09 and put on market. Empty house w/temp set summer 84 & winter 65. No problems until July 2011- blower motor went out-parts warranty, labor not. Oct. 2011-outside expansion valve died- part warranted, not labor or freon -$525 total bill. Closed housesale on 6/26 (inspected before and no knowledge of any problem). 2 days later the unit developed near complete blockage/failure of expansion valve/line. Buyers moving in with ourside temp 104/inside 86 and 3 young children. Local dealer did not have part, none in 100 miles radius. Ordered part to arrive 7/3. Part covered, but another labor and massive freon charge. We intend to pay for these repairs although there was nothing wrong when we closed and we got slaughtered on sale price. a client of mine advised me that Trane made significant design chages to reduce the cost of production and that the newer units are nowhere near the quality that Trane formerly stood for. I wish I had known that client sooner. never again

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: C. Bowers
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

"Everything strops a TRANE"
My unit is less than 7 years old. It is on it's fourth compressor, it's third fan, it has sprung a leak and lost freon, and an expansion valve has malfunctioned. Parts are covered, labor is not. I've paid for this unit twice now. There's just nothing to say other than stay away from Trane. Their service reps have been useless.

Date created: 2012-05-04 Name: Tricia C
Location: Montville, OH

"Should have never bought a Trane"
After deciding to replace our propane with all-electric, we decided on a Trane heat pump that was installed in the fall of 2009 in our 2400 sq ft home. Since installation, the entire unit has been replaced, a fan has been replaced, freon has regularly been added, something else had to be replaced because the last person put in too much freon... It has been endless. The installers have been out so many times (over a dozen), I can't even keep count. Wish I would have known then to document every single call and visit, because "amazingly" they don't! Got so fed up with installers that we had a Trane rep come out that went over the entire unit side-by-side with the installers but wow, didn't find a thing wrong. My electric bill has skyrocketed though the thermostat is never set above 72 on even the coldest day and my house is never truly warm in the winter. Vents blow cold air in the winter. Auxiliary heat stays on for days, which seems contradictory. Now, as warmer days approach and we put our a/c on, the house stayed 4-5 degrees above where I set the thermostat to and never cooled off. Probably going to need some more freon because that makes sense with a unit less than 3 years old! Disgusted with both Trane and our installers. Wish we had done more research before going with, presumably, the best.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>