Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: Mark Salzer

"Trane xl13i heat pump quality issues"
My xl13i heat pump is dead w/compressor failure as well as fan motor, r410a is burnt red, indicative of overheated motor windings. Unit is 6 years old and has been troublesome from day one. a small leak in the indoor coil resulted in frequent charging of the system ($), so the coil was replaced when the unit was 4 years old. The higher system pressure required when using the r410 refrigerant puts lots of stress on the plumbing and compressor, so I'm not too surprised that these systems have problems. What I'm looking for is a heat pump that is engineered for the higher pressure and compressor stress. Trane must be taking a bath financially with all the warranty costs.

Date created: 2009-06-01 Name: Anna kleinschmidt

"You can stop a trane!"
I bought this unit 4 years ago so the house would be cool. I was ripped off $10000 and you would think when I wanted to cool the house it would but every year since I bought it I have had to call them out, and every year I have to wait up to a week to get it fixed because apparently all of there products are crap! I also wanted 2 units one for the upstairs and one for the down stairs and they assured me that this pump will work and make both floors comfortable. well in the slight chance that the downsatirs does work the upstairs is unberable so I have to use window units for up there! Run dont walk away from trane!

Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: D. Martin

"TRANE 2.5 Ton HEAT JUNK"
Have only owned for 11 months, Great unit if you live in a climate of 80 degrees. Right now it is 87 degrees outside, and I have a $20 Wally- World fan blowing on me to keep from sweating! By the way, factory rep. was here two (2) days ago, and assured me that problem was corrected! Ha! Ha!

Date created: 2009-05-26 Name: SW Thrasher

"Trane Heat Exchanger coil problems"
I have two rental duplexes with a total of four Trane heat pumps, installed in 1999. The heat exchanger coils developed slow coolant leaks in their third year of service. There was no remaining warranty coverage at that point. The installer & Trane told me I am "out of luck". My options are to re-charge the units twice a year, or to replace all of the units with newer ones. I'm obviously not happy with Trane's quality and would never purchase their product again.

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: Tim Mercier

"Refrigerant and Tubing Installation is Key"
I find that Trane equipment is very good, but the installation work, especially the refrigeration piping installation, tends to be poorly done. Unfortunately, r-410a refrigerant is much less forgiving than r-22 when it comes to line sizing, length of run, purging and brazing, evacuation and charging. Installation expertise required for r-410a systems is two or three levels higher that that for r-410a. R-410a systems operate at much higher pressures and leaks form easier, especially when the tubing and joints is not purged and brazed as it should be. r-410a refrigerant must be weighed in and must be gaged to charge precisely. If you are disappointed in your system performance, refrigeration charge and tubing issues are the most likely culprits.

Date created: 2009-05-14 Name: Ron

"Ron"
I have three Trane Units, and all three coils have failed within three years.

Date created: 2009-05-10 Name: Allen Soper

"Worst purchase of my life"
I have had problems with this unit since day 1. Replaced compressor twice. replaced coil once and it still doesn't work.

Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: Jerry

"Trane heat pump"
I purchased an xl19 which my contractor told me was "the best unit in the industry". I wish I has shopped around! Not only has the thing had numerous problems with the unit - but I have failed to see the promise of "significantly reduced utility bills". Beware of the contractor who will only sell you Trane - I have learned that the factory pays them huge spiffs to do so!! Frustrated!!!

Date created: 2009-05-03 Name: Ian Stuart

"Not a very good product"
We bought an xl 1800 unit that was promised to be both efficient and durable. Hah! Every year we have another problem. Circuit boards and relays have failed repeatedly. The cooling suddenly started using only one of the compressors, and fifty percent more electricity last year and this winter the auxiliary heating has been kicking in even when it is in the 50's outside. Heating bills this winter averaged $600 as a consequence, despite the use of a woodfired insert during the colder days. The pattern that I see in the comments on this site indicate that while Trane may have had a good product and dealers in the past they should be avoided now. a warning sign, that I wish that I had noticed, is that there is no way of contacting Trane with complaints.

Date created: 2009-04-24 Name: TRANE

"Trane review"
This is a very good product. I may need a new heatpump in the future and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase another Trane.I Would be extremely careful about who I purchased it from and who installed it because of reading the previous reviews.

<< Previous171819202122232425262728293031Next >>