Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous16171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: Steve

"Don't Buy a Trane!"
Purchased a new home with a new Trane unit (installed by Del-Air) and 4 years later the compressor failed ($750). A year and a half later had to have technician out for Freon recharge ($210). One month later coil had a leak and needed to be replaced ($750). Neither Del-Air nor Trane offered to stand behind this product. Do not buy a Trane or let Del-Air install your unit unless you don't mind paying for their mistakes.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: G. LeMmon

"Mad contractor"
As a contractor I despise Trane water source heat pumps always breaking down and I have to applogize to my customers. Don't buy Trane. It's hard to stop a Trane, that is unless you turn it on!

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: Florida Mom

"90 degrees in my toddler's room"
We bought 2 Trane units for our two story house in 2005. Starting in 2007 each ac coil has had to be replaced once a year. Tonight both are acting up again (oh! It's been a year!!!) and my poor toddler's room was 90 degrees at bedtime! Thank goodness for ceiling fans and the fact that the house cools down after sunset. The main problem with each coil is that they all develop pinhole leaks and then the freon leaks out and we end up having them replaced... sometimes I question if we are doing something wrong (we tried to help by having our windows tinted) but after reading about everyone's similar problems, I know it is not us...

Date created: 2009-06-19 Name: steve kent

"unhappy customer"
New heat pump installed in 2005 during house addition / remodel. local dealer installed. it has failed twice in 4 years due to leaks. each time I had to pay the same dealer $500 to repair the leak and replace the freon. they said contact trane for warranty. trane website sucks. try to contact them is useless. email screen has bugs and errors and forces you to reset and rekey all info multiple times.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: Shirley Goodwin

"Not Happy"
Coil went out on our unit in the house. Repair man said they did not carry this coil anymore and it would be 3000.00 to have one made for this unit or we could just replace it for about the same amount of money. I can't believe that a unit only 8 yrs old the company would not have parts. We bought the Trane thinking we were buying the best. Boy we were wrong. Never will buy another and will also tell other home owners to stay away from them

Date created: 2009-06-15 Name: B. MacWilliams

"Good Heat pump"
Well, I got bad news today, my heatpump needs replaced. I've had a 2.5ton Trane heatpump since 1989. I had one outside board replaced and and inside switch. Added some freon every two or three years but otherwise, I think it's been a very good unit. Now, I hear that Trane doesn't make a very good unit. Well, I was very happy with this one.

Date created: 2009-06-12 Name: Terry Lee

"Replace evaporator coil after 18 months"
Spent $10,000 dollars on Trane unit for my beach house and thought I bought the best. Less than 18 months later the evaporator coil had to be replaced at a labor cost of $422. I bought because of the name but am very disapointed with this product and am concerned about future repairs. I've owned American General and other brands and Trane is all hype and junk for the money.

Date created: 2009-06-06 Name: Sharon O.

"Trane Heat Pump"
We purchased our brand new Trane heat pump six years ago because we thought we were purchasing a top-of-the-line product. I would not qualify it that way today. It definitely helped our heating bill go down, but the problems we have had with it have been unbelievable for a new system. The first to go was the compressor. Major part! The cost was around $3500. The next problem was a valve. Well, that cost $1500. We purchased our unit for $6000. luckily, we purchased a 10-year parts and labor warranty or I would be livid right now. We have only 3 more years to go on the warranty and I hope that if anything major is going to break, it had better do it now. The company that installed our unit and services it said they will no longer be selling the Trane because of all the problems they are having with it too. For those who did not buy the warranty are pretty upset too. So if you are considering a Trane, please think twice before you do and research the products out there (and there are many who are good).

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: Mr. PO'd

"Severely Ticked"
Had a $2500 off brand unit for 12 years. Finally started to nickel and dime me every year, so I bought a top of the line $9,000 Trane (variable speed, dual compressor). Now, just under 2 years later, I had to have the motor, circuit board, and motor module replaced. My $2500 unit cost me about $4000 (including purchase and installation) over a 12 year period. At this rate, my $9000 Trane will cost me about $30,000 in 10. Contacting Trane about this issue has been in vain. One more incident and it gets replaced.

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: R. Koebbe

"Very pleased with Trane"
My Trane 3.5 heat pump furnace unit has run flawlessly for 15 years. Not one service call for problems. I had it cleaned about three times. I am planning to replace it for the tax credit.and naturally favor Trane but am concerned about all the negative feedback.

<< Previous16171819202122232425262728293031Next >>