Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Grumpy
Location: sacramento

"Wish I Had Read These Reviews 6 Years Ago"
I would never buy another Trane heat pump. Purchased mine in 2006. Dealer told me it was a real good unit, bullcrap. It went out during over 100 degree weather. Had a hard time getting someone as everyone was busy. The heat pump was leaking freon(whatever that means). First person who looked at it said it was the compressor, second said no it's leaking. Warranty was 5 years parts and service, compressor 10 years and then there was a heat warranty for 20 years which I was told did not apply at all to heat pumps. Bad unit, bad company installing it.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: S.Suleman
Location: Bowie, Maryland

"New Unit No Parts Crap Company"
My unit is 3 years old and broke down. Tried to have it fixed because it is 100 degrees. Was told the blower which is a small part is on back order and they don't know when it will be in. That lets me know that the product is crap because there must be a lot of broken I19 units that are breaking down. The unit I had before was 20 years no problem, should have stayed with it. Don't buy Trane.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: Drew Pilamore
Location: Edmonton, AB

"Pile of Garbage"
Live in a condo built in 2005. Out of 145 units in the building, over 100 of these heat pumps have been replaced already. Do not buy!!!

Date created: 2013-07-01 Name: Tony M Tomal
Location: Tacoma, Wa

Our Trane 13c heat pump new in 2003, had trouble 13 times since then. It always breaks down at 25 degrees or 90 above. Sorry I bought this piece of SH%$#@t. Junk.

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: D. Peterson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Love My Trane... 17yo in Hot Tucson AZ"
Had my Trane dual compressor installed in '96. Has worked great and always did what it was purchased for. Keep the home comfortable. It was hit by lightning a few years ago and ever since, the compressor turns on when called to, runs a few seconds. Turns off, then turns back on to fully complete the cycle. Again, even with this issue, it always keeps my home very comfortable. Very pleased with the purchase and longevity of this heat pump in Arizona. It runs a lot as I like to be comfortable. As for the issue, 3 companies have checked and unsure of prob.

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: NORMA ROE
Location: Preston Maryland

"Very Unsatisfied Customer"
We replaced our old heat pump that we had for 25 years with no problem with this new one. Bought 9/1/09 and I have had to have the service man come out 5 times mostly the same problem to replace the AHV board. A week later, I get air after having 90-degree weather. Would not buy this again.

Date created: 2013-05-23 Name: G H.
Location: Maryland

"Garbage"
My house is 14 years old and when it was new, I had two trane units installed. I can rely on my Trane heat pumps, yes both of them, to fail twice a year. I will never buy Trane again.

Date created: 2013-05-14 Name: Glen Frost
Location: phoenix az

"I have had Many Problems Since Installing"
I have had many problems since installing a Trane heat pump. Paid for a 10 year warranty and had problems at least 4 times. Now after 10 years and 2 months, the compressor needs to be replaced. You can't stop a Trane wreck!

Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: Bill Pendleton
Location: Mount Airy, NC 27030

"Very satisfied with my unit"
Very satisfied with my unit. Suggestion: I live in an area where the theft of copper and/or entire units happens too often. I have just installed a CPI security system since all outdoor compressor units require, by code, an outside disconnect consider developing an application. That would require a code to be entered before shutting down the power to help deter theft. ??? Or is there one now?

Date created: 2013-04-08 Name: Chris
Location: Washington- WA

"Trane"
My heatpump was installed during house construction in 1991. Other than cleaning the outside unit and changing the thermostat, I have done nothing. I have paid nothing. What scares me is that I know it's due to go and I want to be ready but given the reviews not one model is free of negative reviews. I really am leaning toward buying another Trane but............. look at the reviews.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>