Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: Robert B. Martin Jr.

"Robert Martin"
Compressor went bad after 8 years. I had another identical heat pump. That compressor went bad after 9 years.

Date created: 2010-04-01 Name: J. Smith

"Its hard to get a NEW TRANE to run correctly"
I have a new Trane xl high efficiency heat pump. It was installed at our new home. We have had the unit for just over 2 years and it has cost us thousands of dollars to keep it running. The dealer has swapped hands and Trane allows dealers to swap between family members, thus allowing the customer to fend for themselves. I have had freon put in my unit at least 5 times in 2 years. Had to finally have the entire freon line completely replaced. My dealer came out and the freon leak was much worse after he did the work. It would hold freon for weeks instead of months after he finished his "work". I refused to pay and he sued for $500. I paid him and hired another Trane dealer to come in and fix his "crap". It is cheaper to pay the sorry work of my dealer than to hire a lawyer and fight the battle in court. Trane corp offices were informed and given detailed records and invoices. They gave me lots of lip service and said that they are not responsible for the folks that installed their units. A bunch of bunk for the mfg to have no concerns for poor quality work by installers of their equipment.

Date created: 2010-03-30 Name: Becky Murray

"Distributor problems"
We bought the Trane heat pump as a replacement for a Janitrol unit which was a total waste of money. We have been pretty happy with the Trane's performance and did notice an immediate reduction in cost after it was installed. Our unit is still under warranty and recently the defrost panel went out on it. This has resulted in our having to use the unit on emergency heat rather than heat pump setting in order not to further damage the unit. This has been going on since the end of February and we are now at the end of March and it seems that the part we need to fix the heat pump is no longer made in this country so it is currently unavailable. We were told that the part might be in at the end of March and then again it might not, so I contacted Trane customer service and was told that "they" had no control over parts for their units and all of that was handled by their distributors who decided what parts to stock. I pointed out that it was Trane's reputation that would be damaged with this kind of poor service, not the distributors, and asked to speak to a supervisor about the situation. I was sent to a voice mail and left a message but have not been contacted by anyone at Trane. So much for it being "hard to stop a Trane" - apparently sending jobs overseas will stop them!!

Date created: 2010-03-30 Name: C. Cleveland

"Carol"
Unit is quiet and efficient. Keeps the house on the temperature we set on thermostat. Have had no repairs.

Date created: 2010-03-27 Name: Moir

"25 YHEARS AND STILL GOING"
I am in a home with an 1884 heat pump. Stilll running with no problems since I owned my home. I will replace it soon with the same.

Date created: 2010-03-25 Name: Glenn

"GLENN, WATKINSVILLE, GA"
I have owned a Trane lx1200 & xe1200 for the past 15 years. Other than yearly routine maint. issues, I have not had any problems whatsoever. Trane heat pumps are an excellent product. They are built to last and the company that installed them are very honest and reliable. Those people who have had bad problems with a Trane have either not taken care of the unit, or it was installed by some fly by night installer.

Date created: 2010-03-19 Name: A. Hansen

"Trane Heat Pump"
I had my Trane Heat Pump/Furnace installed in May of 1984. To date, I have had one (1) relay replaced. No complaints. The system is near bullet-proof!!

Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: Larry Cramer

"Love Trane"
As a technician, I wanted to get the best unit available and that, by far, is a Trane. I am soooo amazed that most of the unsatisfied reviews at this site are by people that are not thinking clearly. I read several and had to quit because of my frustration level. The problems they experienced are not because of the equipment. They are installation or technician "skill level" problems. They should have purchased from a Trane "Comfort Specialist" company. Comfort Specialists pay to receive extra training so they can go they extra mile for the customers. The equipment can't be beat and the Trane warranty is the best in the business. I've serviced and installed most brands over my 27 years and I know what I'm writing about.

Date created: 2010-03-14 Name: A. Volcko

"Trane from an expert"
People must first realize that the most important part of the units longevity is the installation. Trane are the best units in the world (been to the factory). These poor people (unsatisfied) had the wrong people install their Trane units. CHOOSE THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR. A Trane comfort specialist will be your best bet.

Date created: 2010-02-27 Name: E. Kyle

"XL1200 20 years old"
Excellent unit, no problems in all this time.

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>