Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-05 Name: Patricia Waltz
Location: Florida

"We know what can stop a Trane LOL"
We've been extremely happy with our Trane AC unit since 1988. However, recently over the past few years we have had the experience of learning what can stop a Trane-ANTS. Every time we've had a severe rain storm ants have gotten into the side of the unit and shorted out the contact. Luckily, it's only a $14.00 part, but living here in Florida, this is becoming more and more frequent. Finally the other night, we had a real rain storm again and I think this time it's dead. I could not ask more from this Trane. It's had a good life!

Date created: 2010-05-02 Name: C. Frank

"Trane Wreck"
We have owned our new home for less than two years. The coil in our Trane heat pump is bad and we have to pay $500 in labor to have it replaced. I have read this is a common problem and I am very disappointed. I will never recommend Trane. I understand why The Villages, Fl. (one place in U.S. building hundreds of homes per month at the time) has discontinued using Trane units.

Date created: 2010-04-21 Name: J. Norris

"Owner"
After reading some of your reviews, I have come to the conclusion that the problems some of the consumers are having have nothing to do with the products. Most products, if installed correctly do not have issues. Do your research on the installing company instead of the product.

Date created: 2010-04-20 Name: Joan
Location: FL

"Joan, Tampa, florida"
My Trane xr11 heat pump broke weeks after installation and has needed repairs too numerous to count since then. Compressor motor, fan motor and reversing valve have had to be replaced several times. I live in Fl, and when the reversing valve sticks, it blows out heat in the 95 degree summer weather! Trane consumer relations has been completely unresponsive to the problem. This product is a pure lemon and Trane should be embarassed to have produced it, and shame on them for taking advantage of the American consumer by selling such a piece of junk!

Date created: 2010-04-11 Name: Garrison

"Trane XL15i Heat Pump"
Trane XL15i unit replaced a Trane xe1100 unit that failed after about 15 years of quality service. This new Trane is a welcome change. It never calls for the emergency heat and heats like a gas furnace. I highly advise you to look into the Trane XL15i heat pump.

Date created: 2010-04-10 Name: S. Blythe

"Unhappty with Trane"
We replaced our functional but old heat pump with what we thought would be a much more efficient unit. This unit never cooled the house down. We had the installers out numerous times during the first year, and they kept telling us there was nothing wrong, even though it was running 22 hours a day, and at ten o'clock at night it would be cooler outdoors than in the house. After sending a certified letter demanding a new unit, an older and apparently more experienced technician showed up, looked at the unit, and said "they had the internal switches in the wrong position". It worked ok for the next year, and then after our next service call it went back to not working so well. We were told the coil was bad, and replaced that - under warranty but about $450 labor. That didn't help it much. We now have a unit that doesn't work at all - we were told that it has a coolant leak, but they can't find the leak, so they should replace the coil again. We had another company come out, and they said the compressor is not working - and that in fact this unit has two compressors, and it appears that one has never run at all. We could, of course, replace the compressor (under warranty) for $900 labor, but we are going to replace the whole unit - and it will definitely not be a Trane!

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: J. Cortese

"unsatisified homeowner"
I replaced my heating and air conditioning system four years ago by a so-called certified Trane company. What a piece of junk! I've had to call the service guys three times and the unit is still leaking gas. Do I have to have my unit serviced every year? If I would have known that this was happening, I would have bought some other kind of system.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: C. Pope

"Trane heat pump"
I have had a Trane xe12 3-ton heat pump for 17 years. Last year, it needed a new contractor. The first and only service call since it was new. I have neglected it by not having yearly checkups. If it works leave it alone, I say. Today, I am having a new XL15i with 2spd air handler installed, only because of the govt and utility rebates being offered. I'm hoping for lower electric bills with this new unit. I can recommend Trane with confidence.

Date created: 2010-04-06 Name: Rick Morrow

"Satisfied Homeowner"
We have a Trane Heatpump Model bwd 730a. It's a 2.5 ton Weathertron. It has never let us down in 22 years. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars it has saved us over the gas furnaces many of our neighbors have. I'm worried that when the time comes, will I be able to buy a unit of equal quality. I know the new units have seer ratings in the teens and from what I read ours is a 7.5 seer and a 6.05 hspf. Maybe the older units just weren't pushed to their limits?

Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: Robert B. Martin Jr.

"Robert Martin"
Compressor went bad after 8 years. I had another identical heat pump. That compressor went bad after 9 years.

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>