Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: T. Chen

"Retired Chemist"
Inside coil became icing resulting to stop cooling late May this year. It was diagnosed by the local Trane service co. indicating txv was defective under the 5-year warranty on June 1, 2010. As the time I am writing (June 25, 2010), the replaced parts have not been received by the local Trane dealer. I had two houses previously installed by Ryan Home Builder using Comfortmaker Heat Pumps. At least, the first 10 years did not have any major breakdown. If Trane co. does not stock the repair parts for the customers, the company should stop selling Trane heat pumps. Beware of Trane heat pump problems, especially Washington area temperature hit 90-99 degree last two weeks. It is a horrible experience having Trane heat pump in my house.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Deb

"Trane Heat Pump 4TTR3"
Contractor installed this heat pump while building a 1000 square foot addition. It has been nothing but problems. 13 months in a coil leak; now a valve leak. All along, it has been problems. Getting tired of constantly fighting with the repair company. And forget about product support from Trane. My advice... don't buy a TRANE...any Trane!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Ricus

"Very Happy with Trane"
I bought this house in 1995 and it had a Trane xl 1200 heat pump in it. It never gave me a moments trouble but in 2008, the old system was 17 years old and I wanted to take advantage of the tax break for a new system. I purchased the 19I heat pump system at that time. I have been extremely satisfied with that two compressor system and my electric bills are incredibly low. The comfort is also better as most of the time it runs on the smaller compressor. Once again, I have had no problems at all and it performs wonderfully. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the installation makes these run well or in some cases not well. For those who have had problems, perhaps they should switch their service companies. I expect that this system will last just as long as the previous heat pump system.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Mike Ross/22772 Placid Drive/Foley, Al 36535
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Trane? NEVER AGAIN"
I live in a St. Louis, MO condo with 103 hydronic loop heat pumps, all produced by Trane. Believe me when I say they are junk! The condensers have burned out on over 30 of them in the first 3 years of operation, and they are constantly breaking down and requiring repair for various other reasons. The local Trane rep is a flake. He has turned his back on the condo, and he will do nothing to make things right. The installing contractor, Jarrell Company, has also given up, and they can't convince Trane to do anything....and of course most residents in the buiding now think Jarrell is a flake contractor. HEED THIS WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL EITHER TRANE OR AMERICAN STANDARD EQUIPMENT. I repeat: DO NOT!!!!(I have now sold my condo and live in Foley, AL, where I am enjoying the smooth, quiet heat pump design offered by BRYANT!

Date created: 2010-06-20 Name: M. Allen
Location: Central Florida

"About 10yrs in."
Xl 1400 has given good service for our 3000 sq ft central Florida home. Routinely 100+ degrees outside.

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: J. R.

"Nothing Stops Like a Trane"
The initial HVAC systems (we have 2 HVACs) installed in our home was a Janitrol. It was installed by the builder, incorrectly, which resulted in it frequently breaking down and the coils were rusting after just 5-6 years of use. We replaced it with a Trane under the assumption that we would have reliable systems. After all, nothing runs like a Trane! After investing a considerable amount to install two units, we have had the systems break down just as much as the Junkitrol, including a major repair because an initial part was weak and poorly made per repair technician. If we had not had a warranty, then this would have been quite an expensive repair. Considering that Trane is supposed to be a quality, reliable HVAC, I realistically expected to have at least 4 years of reliable service before the parts start wearing out but this was not the case. Some of the repairs were replacing the above mentioned part, replacing a capacitor in each compressor and other multiple repairs in order to recall the problems. Would not recommend a Trane nor would I ever install another Trane system in my home.

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: BD

"NOT HAPPY WITH TRANE "CUSTOMER SERVICE""
We had a problem after 4 years and it was covered by the extended warranty. But after the warranty was up, there were 2 copper tubings that rubbed together and all the freon leaked out. It cost us the service call, the repair of the copper tubings and the regas of freon. We contacted Trane and they said sorry it was not a defect. How could it not when the area was never serviced or touched?? They are not a good customer service company. I won't recommend or purchase another one. I have had friends and family want a heat pump, but after hearing my story, they went elsewhere. Trane is a bad company for service and help.

Date created: 2010-06-11 Name: Hbaran
Location: South

"We Love It"
We own one of the Trane Dual Fuel heat pumps/gas packs. This unit lowered my monthly natural gas bills from around $250 to $50. In doing this, it raised my electric bill by only about $10 per month. Have had no problems with the unit and it handles our "Southern Heat" with ease. I am getting ready to replace out upstairs HVAC equipment and it will be a Trane once again.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: S. Porter

"Defect Trane Heat Pumps"
Trane is shipping heat pump units with a crimped 1/2 copper tubing. The crimped tube is located in the exterior unit, can only be seen with the cover taken off and is located on the wrong side of the charging valves. (I have photos if anyone needs them). It appears that the tube has to be bent after it is installed into the main copper tube line in order for the exterior cover to fit. For less than a dollar, Trane could purchase a machine turned 90 degree piece of 1/2" tubing than is not bent by hand and crimped. I just spent $900 for two freon charges and the labor cost to repair the copper tubing. I know enough about the Trane policies to understand that they will say the warranty will not cover this, however, in Small Claims court I can prove that it is a defective unit! I have been involved in the retail and wholesale hardware industry for 30 years, and have expert witnesses that will provide documentation that the strength of copper under pressure is greatly reduced when intentionally bent without the proper equipment. I have more time on my hands than I need, and Small Claims court will be much more costly for them than me. I am also sending the documentation to my buddies from my previous corporate life at the CPSC in Washington.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: R. Peter

"Trane XL15i"
Just installed the Trane XL15i. It's so quiet you need to be next to it to tell it's running.

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>