Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-22 Name: D. Jones
Location: Concord, NC

"Smell problem"
Recently had new heat pump, air handler, supply lines, and duct lines installed. Worked fine during the summer; however, when the heat is on there is a smell comming from all vents - the smell of (very strong)fabric softner. Has anyone had this problem? The Dealer/installer has never come across this problem.

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Mike Ross
Location: Foley, Al

"Got Rid of the Trane!"
My sister contacted me and asked for my help with her 5 yr. old Trane heat pump. To date, she has spent $759.00 on repairs over the past three years: mostly freon charges and controls. I contacted her HVAC maintenance contractor and he recommended entirely replacing the unit--only after 5 years. So we did. We installed Bryant's 15 Seer heatpump, and you can't even hear it running. It has a 10 year manufacturer's labor and material warranty. I've had other bad experiences with Trane, and I hope never to have another Trane installed in any house that I own or visit!

Date created: 2010-11-18 Name: D.O'Dwyer
Location: Inverness, FL

"18 Years old, finally replacing"
This XE1000 2-ton split unit was in the house when I bought it in 1996 - original installation was 1992. Over the years it has performed very well in our FL climate with routine maintenance. The only repairs were to an outdoor fan in 2007 that just stopped one night. And a couple of times it's acted weird, but that was fixed with a new digital thermostat. That said, I'm getting ready to replace this unit with a new XLR-15i system, with a variable speed air handler. I hope it's as good as the XE1000 has proved!

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: L. Staylor
Location: Portsmouth, VA

"Unsatisfactory Performance"
We had a Trane heat pump installed in late 2009 and have been very dissatisfied. It smells like old socks when the defrost cycle runs and that makes the entire house smell. Now, in November, the unit is only 14 months old, and the blower fan motor has died and we are completely without heat. My installer tells me that there are no blower fans in the area and they have to get one from the 'home office' in Memphis, Tenn. That is a 3-5 day shipping delay. Guess Trane never heard of overnight shipping. Would NEVER purchase another Trane. This is my second Trane in 11 years and both were disappointing

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Michael Cole

"freon loss"
Purchest Xl19i heat pump and airhandler system. After two years lost freon due to wear thru of bundled freon tubes. Fault like hell to get repaired. Found that Trane did not insullate tubing lines. Units produced after mine did have lines insullated and not touching. This was Tranes manufactoring problem all along but took three months before they would even cover the parts. Would not cover the labor or freon. Dealer would not due anything if not paid by Trane. Now my company owns Trane but I will never buy another one.

Date created: 2010-11-13 Name: Kathleen Wheeler
Location: Medway Ohio

"Trane Heatpump Serious Problems"
I purchased a trane heat pump August 2009 and we have had many problems with it. We kept our propane furnance and added a heat pump however for 3 weeks in Oct 2010 we had no heat. We are seniors and the outside temp was above 40 degrees however no heat. Imagine that. I say it is in the thermostat I think they should change it because when the young men installed it they had problems. Why would a reputable installer like Deer in Fairborn Ohio have a problem getting one. As of now we are now your best or pleased customers. Please reply and give us some answers WE NEED HELP

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: S.J.Zaloga,Sr
Location: Sun Lakes,Az

"XE 1000"
This unit was installed by builder in 1994. Only repairs done to it was a contactor and hard start relay.No freon was ever added.No yearly maintenance was ever done,only inside air filter changes. This unit still works well.Will change it only when it eventually fails.

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: j.wise
Location: bernville, pa

"installer must be key"
Bought Trane heatpump in Nov. 2003. Originally bought 4 ton but salesman didnt measure ceiling height. So we have a 4ton exterior and 3 ton interior? Numerous problems. Asked to buy Extended warranty, paid $8900, for what. After 1st year and multiple visits from TECH, we were told we didnt have extended warranty?(although its on the purchase agreement) 1st pressures were wrong causing panel to burn which now we are told is what caused the compressor to over heat,unravel and leak. refrigerant leak 3X's due to shrader valves that were stripped upon initial installation. Now contaminants in system, could cause future additional refrigerant leaks. Is it worth $3000+ for new compressor or just buy entire new unit for $5000+ with tax credit and specials? Wont be a TRANE Local Installers are unqualified to admit mistakes which caused initial problems! TRANE Corp, has not been of any help regarding Certified Trained Installer's faults.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: A Power
Location: St. John's NL

"Good Installation"
We have a 5-ton Trane heat pump installed by local contractor Hot Frost Heat and have had no problems. Had zoning issue, contractor was excellent and came back and fixed it without any hassle. Trane and reputable contractor is the way to go.

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: g brown
Location: new york, ny

"understand your warranty"
Stop!! bashing equipment and read before you agree. If you do not buy the extended warranty and your unit breaks down, that s your mistake. The unit has a standard 5 years part 5 or 10 compressor warranty and key words 1 year labor warranty. Extended warranty covers 10 years parts and key word 10 years labor. Heat pumps like everything are no long built to last like your 20 plus year old units, wake up, tires, cars, lights nothing is built to last like it use too. Read people Read and understand what you are getting

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>