Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-08-11 Name: V Daniels
Location: mobile al

"Dealer arrogance"
Went to Trane in Mobile, AL this morning and was told by parts person at the counter that they did not sell parts to the public. I replied that it might be hard to stop a trane, but it was even harder to start one. Told him that not being able to get parts could cause a person to consider what to buy when it came time to replace the system with a new one. He told me he didn't care. Great employee for customer relations. My unit will need to be replaced in the not too distant future and Trane will not be considered thanks to their policy and their employees.

Date created: 2014-08-06 Name: K Hohlfelder
Location: Concord, OH

"NOT HARD TO STOP THIS TRANE!"
Nothing but $$$$ flowing out of this expensive packaged top of the line 11yr old heat pump. All kinds of problems including blower, heat strip, 2 contactors, fuses, etc. (Thousands) Last time it quit, I was told it would be better to replace it.....I Thought, "No Kidding, I am not putting another dime into this piece of junk" If Trane would put half of the money that they put into their tv ads into their product quality, then maybe they would have better reviews and better equipment! I will never buy into tv hype again. I will trust reputable contractors over actors any day of the week!

Date created: 2014-07-13 Name: T HOLSCHER

"New Unit Failed in Under 30 Days"
We just purchased this Trane heat pump less than 30 days ago and, according to the repair technician, the ac fan fell off. It appears the quality control for this product is not the best. We will not waste any more money on Trane products.

Date created: 2014-07-09 Name: V. Gouse
Location: Conyers, GA

"Motor Capacitor"
Unit is less than 3 years old. Motor capacitor had to be replaced. Trane warranty only paid for the part. I had to pay for the labor which was $106.00. This is not what I expected from Trane. For the price, labor should be covered for the first five years. My previous unit lasted 10 years before needing any parts replaced. It is my understanding that I will probably have to replace the capacitor every two or three years. This is not acceptable. I definitely would not recommend purchasing a Trane.

Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: Rusty King
Location: Cross City Fla.

"Know how to stop a trane? You turn it on!!!!"
The was 10 months old when it stopped working That was in April. It's now July and Trane has still not fixed the problem and refuses to replace the unit.

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: B. Butler
Location: moss point ms

"Trane Weathertron 1981"
I had a Trane installed in 1981, the only issues we have had are a couple of relays and a couple of motor start capacitors , never any major parts and it still runs fine, we had the freon checked when serviced but never needed any. From what I'm reading on this site they just don't make them like they used too. It may may die any day but it has had a long healthy life.

Date created: 2014-03-09 Name: Ronald Prevatte
Location: SC

"15 years still running a Trane XE 1200"
Yes I would buy another one. Installed myself. I'm not a heat & air tech. Just an electrician, and I read the instructions, resized my ductwork also. Unit went down at 10 years. I replaced both capacitors, went down at 12 years. Replaced defrost switch (icing up) also condenser fan stop running pulled it out, tore apart, sanded shaft, oiled it good, and it's still running. I spent about $50.00 in 15 years. Not bad. Older unit I replaced was a Frigidaire 1.5 ton (1986 yr) ran a lot, did not heat or cool good when removed found duct sized way too small, it didn't have a chance, lasted for 13 yrs. (Question your installer make sure everything is right)

Date created: 2014-03-09 Name: D R
Location: Washington, IA

"DON'T BUY A TRANE!!!"
I bought a heat pump/AC unit 3 years ago because I thought my 40 year old unit was probably not very efficient. I wish I would've kept the old unit or purchased a different brand!! They made all kinds of promises (your heating/cooling bills will be drastically reduced, etc.) and none of them were true! The new unit costs just as much, if not more, to run as my old unit did. It literally runs for 3-4 hours just to raise the temperature by 8 degrees. Check reviews, do research, and don't buy a Trane!!

Date created: 2014-02-17 Name: J. McMinn
Location: Hendersonville, N. C.

"Can't get correct part"
Heat Pump went out on Sunday Evening after error message came up on thermostat. Error messages seems to come up approximately every 6 months. Now in -0 deg. Weather, contractor says can't get part in because factory does not have the part. Now heating on Emergency Heat and Trane will not help with power bill. Unit a little over 4 yr. Old, Purchased in November, 2009. The part needed is a suction line trans fuser which relates the pressures. Will not recommend trane at all!

Date created: 2014-02-17 Name: Hank
Location: Homosassa, Florida

"Eight Failures in 4-1/2 years"
Bought an entire Trane system, ac/heat pump/air handler, model xr14, 4- 1/2 years ago and have had eight breakdowns and many replaced parts. The warranty is for 5 years, so I'll be screwed with high costs soon. Wrote to president of Trane, David Pannier, and have been ignored. Trane is an example of low-quality junk.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>