Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Soleus Air heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Portland,Oregon

"Heat Source That Works Good"
I've owned my pump for 7 years and it works fantastic! It heats my home very nicely. There's nothing wrong with the unit. I've have never had to repair or replace it. It works flawlessly. Yes, in fact I have recommended it to all of my friends and family and 3 of my family members and 2 friends have actually bought the product just due to my recommendation, and yes I would without a doubt buy this product again.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: Atlanta, Georgia

"Great Soleus Heat Pump"
I've owned this heat pump for 1 year now. It is a very powerful unit that cools my room down below 70 degrees on hot nights. I like the dehumidifier and heater modes that it comes with, and it has a user- friendly interface that is easy to manage. The timer setting that it has is a cool little feature as well. It comes with 2 hoses that can be stuck outside to drain the hot air. On very hot and humid days it needs to be drained pretty frequently, something the manufacturer doesn't state very explicitly. The only things I don't particularly like are the big size, (it's performance more than makes up for that) and it's power usage. It's a power machine, using about 1500 watts, but it's nothing that concerns me too much. I've never had to have it repaired, and I would definitely recommend this to a friend. In fact, I've already told my parents about it, as they are having trouble with their heat pump.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Brooklyn, NY

"Soleus 12,000 BTU Heat Pump Portable AC"
I've owned my Soleus 12,000 BTU Heat Pump Portable AC for about 6 months now and so far I've been very happy with it. Unlike most portable heat pumps, this Soleus pump is very quiet- which is one of the primary concerns when purchasing one of these units. Some of them tend to be very loud and annoying but Soleus pumps are an exception. This pump is an AC, heater, dehumidifier combo, which is nice but it comes with a nearly $400 price tag. The unit is very expensive, but it's also very high quality- you can tell right when you turn it on that the product is made of quality materials, as it makes a quiet electric hum when turned on. It simply just feels like piece of quality engineering. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is searching for a quiet, quality portable heating system for their everyday needs.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Location: Grand Junction, CO

"Soleus Heat Pump An Okay Choice"
We have owned our Soleus 12,000 BTU heat pump/portable air conditioning unit for several months now. We are generally satisfied with it as it gets the job done and was relatively inexpensive. It will cool most moderately sized rooms to a moderate temperature. However, this thing is in no way intended to cool a whole house or floor. Also, if you're trying to get the temperature down below the mid-70's you'll probably need a more powerful machine. We have not had to make any repairs yet and don't anticipate any in the near future; it's running fine. However, I will say this thing is not quiet. It has no "auto" setting so it's pretty much always on unless you turn it off. The fan produces a moderate humming noise--nothing crazy but it may bother some people. If you're just looking for a simple little unit to keep a room or loft cool during the hot summer months, this thing will do a good job for you.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: North Brunswick, NJ

"Soleus Heat Pump Review"
When I bought this heat pump a few months ago from Bed Bath and Beyond, i had high expectations because of the lofty price of 240 that I paid. I feel as if I definitely sacrificed quality as this specific heat pump is both an air conditioning system and a heat pump in one. It seems as if each side got half the attention and work and neither functioned properly. I did like how the product looks, very convenient and easy to use. The results on the other hand were very sporadic. Sometimes I felt the heat was being moved to another area properly while other times it did not seem to do a thing. I will not be recommending this product to any of my friends or relatives and have already purchased and am using a new heat pump at the moment to a success, clarifying this purchase was the wrong choice. Good luck on your search!