Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about MAYTAG heat pumps

Date created: 2010-11-05 Name: Clay Hamiter
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Maytag M1200 Package"
I purchased a high efficiency Package Heat Pump and it is one of the best investments I have made in my house. No worries for 12 years!

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: P Mason
Location: Hamilton Ont Canada

"Lack of HELP"
We purchasedc the top of the line Maytag heat pump three months ago on recomendation from the distibuter in the area. We purchased the hi effecincy model , supposedly the top of the line.We needed to replace a 28 year old Lennox unit. From day one the unit started to make loud noises and loud enough to wake us up at nightand loud enough for the landscaper to comment on. We have made numerous calls to the installer and it seems like he is playing a guessing as far as what the problem is. They have replaced the motor an that made no difference at all , now they are telling us it is an electrical panel that needs to be replaced and that was suppose to be in mid Oct and we have not seen it yet. I have left another message for the installer and am waiting for a reply. I would not recommend this item for anyone . IT SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS LONG FOR IT TO BE REPAIRED CONSIDERING THE MONEY WE PAID FOR THIS UNIT . I should have more persitant and bought a gas forced air system.

Date created: 2010-08-30 Name: Jeff Stephens
Location: Virginia

"Service Manager"
I just want to say to all of you out there that theses reviews are mainly contractor issues not Maytag issues. I'm sorry that the suppliers in you area have not been more selective in the setting up of dealers in your areas. Rest assured that you have purchased a good product and that the right contractor can fix all of you concerns.

Date created: 2010-01-30 Name: T. Holland

"it smells"
We bought this unit in April 2009. It worked great during the summer and lowered our power bill. Then, cool weather came. This unit goes into the defrost cycle by a timer and smells like dirty gym socks while blowing cold air. It is in a catch up mode all the time because of what I think is a major design flaw. I hope there is a fix to this problem. Our contractor has been super but has not been able to fix this problem. The Matag man really has blown this one. Where can I get a Trane?

Date created: 2009-12-06 Name: Lester Trobaugh

"MAYTAG HVAC"
Junk-junk-junk did I say junk? Yes junk

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Doug Feltner
Location: Hyden, Kentucky

"Maytag heat pump"
I've had my heat pump for a year and a half. It worked fine in the summer but my heating bill jumped to over $500 per month. The company that installed my heat pump will not return to repair the product they sold. No one else in my area works on these units and repeated calls to Maytag/Nordine have been futile. This was $4500.00 wasted. Now I'm going to buy a new Trane unit. I've had a Trane unit in one of my rental properties for about 5 years and had no trouble with getting a local company out for repairs.

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: M. Miller
Location: Mobile, AL

"Great Unit"
When we had to rebuild our home after it was struck by lightning and burned, our HVAC contractor suggested a Maytag heat pump Model psh4bf048k. We couldn't be happier. We live in Mobile, Alabama, and have very humid, hot summers and mild winters. Our home stays comfy year round and our energy bills are very reasonable.

Date created: 2008-02-26 Name: Lester Trobaugh
Location: Borden, Indiana

We chose this unit (2) for our new construction on the recommendation of our builder. We are constantly cold, and our heating bills keep climbing (over $400 this month) and we cant get the unit to produce heat above 66-68 degrees. Our builder will not help. The installer was a Maytag dealer but is now out of business. It is difficult to find a dealer in our area.

Date created: 2007-09-23 Name: Eriks Goodwin
Location: Waynesboro, VA

We had this unit installed to replace an old oil furnace and were completely blown away with how quiet and comfy our home is now. The old oil burner used to shake the house as it started, but now we have to actually put a hand over a register to see if the system is running-- because its so quiet! We're saving 50% over our old fuel bills and the LP gas backup makes sure we stay warm even on the coldest valley day.