Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG heat pumps

Read more about MAYTAG heat pumps

Date created: 2011-07-08 Name: richard nimmo
Location: phoenix az.

"Richard Nimmo"
bought this 4 ton 13 sheer unit less than 2 years ago they had to work on it last year and it quit this week , now they tellme it needs to be replaced. but the insurance company that handles the warranty is bankrupt.this unit quit on monday here in phoenix az. a 110deg, day average and they still dont have a answer for me.the installers is working on it . but tell me it will be replaced with the same type of junk.and dont know at whos cost. i still owe 3,000 on the old unit.

Date created: 2011-07-07 Name: cary

"pleased"
3 units in 3300 sq ft house..NO PROBLEMS

Date created: 2011-04-16 Name: Hank
Location: Kitty Hawk

"loving it"
I installed this unit in late 2007 replacing a 9 yr old Trane on the Outer Banks. We deal with a alot of corrosion out here and even to much for the spinning fin coils to handle. Replaced condensing coil twice on my Trane due to bad leaks. Installed a 2 1/2 ton maytag which includes stainless steel cabinet which looks pretty sharp. Installer also added zinc on copper lines to help with corrosion. So far not a single problem and very reasonalble utility bills.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: jr
Location: nc

"great system"
Bought my 15 seer 3 ton package heat pump in 2008. Unit is extremly quite and have had no issues with performance as of now. Best bang for your buck.....

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: T. Tuckins
Location: NC

"Pleased"
Unit is 3 yrs now and not one problem. Very reliable unit and almost makes electricity.LOL

Date created: 2011-03-01 Name: T. Glover
Location: Eastern, N.C.

"Sweet"
September 2008 my contractor talked me into a 2 1/2 ton 1200 series Maytag heat pump. I has hard up for a Trane but eventhough he was a dealer for Trane he made the Maytag sound just as good for a cheaper price. Nordyne makes Maytag and they have been around for years so i figured i would give it a try. I have a Trane 2 1/2 ton upstairs and we keep both t-stats set at 74 year round. The Trane is a 2006 but a 16 seer. Our Maytag is a 15 seer package unit and burns less electricity than the Trane by about 11 %. We know this because we rent the upstairs out and have seperate meters. I love the Maytag system, efficient and extremely quiet.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: G Vann
Location: Macon, NC

"THE WORST"
Replaced an aging Trane when we remodeled with a split system, 2 years ago. Worst mistake of my life. Most winter bills are over $500, up to $650. Company who installed it is helpful and courteous enough, but we have had them out regularly about 5-6 times to diagnose why we stay so cold. They keep trying different things but we get no cure. I wish I had stuck to my guns when my builder recommended them. I asked for Trane or Lennox. Now all I can do is warn others from making same mistake. Run, don't walk away from this unit.

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: Joe
Location: Jacksonville NC

"Heat pump and AC upgrade"
Bought it last year 16 seer 4 ton and we have not had any issues. Our electric bill has decreased by about 30% and it came with a 12 year worry free guarantee. I believe our contactor made all the difference because he seem to know the ins and outs of the unit and with all the safety and new specs required on these new systems.

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: R. Harrison
Location: Duck NC

"Not what I expected"
Spent a lot of money to have systems updated 2 years ago. The outside units sounds like a 747 taking off when they start. The first year my electric bill in the winter DOUBLED. I figured maybe just a cold winter. The second year the the electric bill was also double what they were with my 15 year old system. I expected my electric bill to be less NOT MORE.

Date created: 2011-01-12 Name: Red
Location: Dayton OH

"Junky heat pump"
Initially we were very excitedwitht he unit, installed oct 2008. (after not working the very first day...that should have been out first clue). Since Jan 2010 contractor has been out every 2 to 4 months. Similar to other reviews, this last time we did not know there was a problem until we received a $900 heating bill!! The house was warm because the unit never used the heat pump! Installer cannot find the problem.. Why would Maytag not have a thermostat that tells you when the heat pump is not working? We spent alot of money on this unit. We also have one of the Maytag Neptune washer/dryer units....we were caught in a poorly designed unit ...also have put lots of money into these expensive units...we like the unit but too bag Maytag uses junky parts.